• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is slightly stompish in 096's favor

Deku not only is weaker here (at least Building level to 096's casual at least Large Building, likely higher), and any damage he may be able to do gets negated due to 96's regen. His insane pain tolerance and berserk mode also make him even harder to injure and put down.

If speed is equalized, then it's definitely a stomp FRA. If it's not, then Deku can never hit 96 cause of its sub-rel reactions and it will eventually blitz him with speed amping

Deku uses the usual SCP:Secret Laboratory strategy of staring into the ceiling, making 096 absolutely useless and unable of doing anything.

You can change it to 9-A; 096 has a key for that now.

Doesn't have regen in that key, either.

Um...what? 096 has regen in its 9-A key It gets its regen from the canon experiments linked directly in its article that were written by the same guy who wrote the article

Can you link me the experiment? If so, that should be added back to the former key.

You approved the profile as it was, if I knew this sooner I would have moved it to the other key.

Uh, there's nothing there saying it regenerated from that?

"It must have lost all its organs, all its blood, but it didn't acknowledge any of it."

If anything that's just Type 2 Immortality.

Actually, even if it did regenerate from that, that's nowhere close to high-mid. At best that's low-mid. It wasn't blasted apart, it just had half of its torso shot off (its skeletal structure was completely in tact).

I was assuming the regen came from a tale or story when I updated the profile. Where does Type 1 Immortality and Telepathy come from?

The fact that the damage isn't permanent and its not currently missing half of its body or just a skeleton from how much damage it sustained kinda shows that it has regen, though I agree it's not high mid

Don't know where the type 1 comes from

Telepathy comes from it automatically knowing when someone sees it's face at any given moment and was stated to be mental-based in the documentation linked Inn 096's profile

btw, wanna try to calc 096 running across half the planet in this?

No where does it say the damage wasn't permanent. It doesn't say when that incident happens chronologically, and if it happened before or after the current containment file, which honestly happens a lot in the Foundationverse. Even if it happened the way you described it, it wouldn't be combat applicable.

Type 1 should be removed, then.

That's not telepathy, and I couldn't find anything like you said supporting that. I found this: "It seems to have an innate sense of SCP-096-1's location.", but that's just Enhanced Senses.

And sure, that sounds like fun! let's hope I don't mess it up like the 682 and 076 calcs, kek

The log in the article itself is the first instance of a breach like that happening with 096 and because of it it put 096 on the 'Kill asap' list. Incident 096-1-A happened after that event as they were not only testing a new way to counter 096 but Dr. Dan directly said that as he said before, he wants 096 killed asap. No mention of 096's injuries. Document 096-1 is a test of 096's behavior and a record of 096's fastest speed. Again, no mention of injuries. The chronology is there if you just look for it. Also 096 regenerated a bullet wound to the head in incident 096-1-A

Agreed

Read incident 096-1-A, it goes into it a bit more, though perhaps telepathy isnt the best way to list it, its more extrasensory perception.

Cant wait to see it

That doesn't make sense. Ockham's Razor; if there isn't enough information available to come to a reasonable conclusion, we have to go with the choice that makes the least assumptions. There is less assumptions involved in it just having high resilience, even supported by quotes such as "It kept tearing apart my squad, but with half of its torso gone." and "But it was taking damage? ... If it was, it wasn't showing it. It must have lost all its organs, all its blood, but it didn't acknowledge any of it.". There are far more assumptions in saying it healed all of those wounds, and they didn't happen to mention any regenerative abilities on the main file or in the interview.

I would probably want to also kill something that can continue to survive with most of its torso off and still go on killing sprees as soon as possible. At best, you have a "Possibly" that isn't even combat applicable.

"ER-A 3 fires three more shots; the first two miss, and the third hits SCP-096 in the head. SCP-096 falls, skids, and rolls several times, reducing its speed minimally. SCP-096 rolls to its feet and continues unabated."

It doesn't say anything here about healing from the wound, it just flinches and doesn't appear to be injured by it. Again, there are much more assumptions in regards to saying it can regenerate. If it could, it would be on the main file, as that's pretty significant.

Glad that it got removed, that confused me.

Extrasensory Perception doesn't make sense. There isn't anything stating that it is "sensing" anything other than the location of its target. "Ability to detect energy signatures, matter signatures, or the like near the user.". It's only ever said that it knows the location, and there is nothing about how it does that. I read through 1-A and couldn't find anything.

So, uh, yeah. Should we remove regen and telepathy and add Type 2 Immortality/Enhanced Senses?

Except 096 is not currently a skeleton nor is it missing half of its body in anything that has been written about it. It didnt magically undo all of the damage it took and there's very little for there to actually have taken off of its body in the first place.

From 1-A:

"Dr. Dan: No, no. I apologize. [Sighs] SCRAMBLE was really an ingenious idea. However, it was a failure because we did not fully know how SCP-096 worked. You see, as the chip inside SCRAMBLE picked up SCP-096's facial features and began scrambling them, there was a split-second of uninterrupted light flow to the retina. Computers are fast, but not as fast as light. So, there was a split-second image of SCP-096's direct face sent to the brain. It wasn't even consciously received, but apparently it was enough to trigger the hostile reaction in SCP-096.

Interviewer: So, with this report of the photograph…

Dr. Dan: That's the most disturbing part of this whole incident. You know when the former SCP-096-1 went on his mountain trip? 199Ôûê. That's ÔûêÔûê years of that photo hanging there before he saw SCP-096. Since the brain doesn't need to be aware that it is viewing SCP-096's face to trigger the reaction, there can be ticking time bombs hidden literally anywhere in the world. How many photographs are out there containing SCP-096, just going unnoticed, waiting for a careful eye? As I said before, I want this thing terminated. Now."

Extrasensory Perception is more accurate

Then it's probably PIS/a plot hole. There's nothing to support Regenerationn other than it wasn't mentioned to still have those injuries. The only things that are mentioned is that it had the injuries, and wasn't encumbered by them. Nothing else was stated. Type 2 Immortality is already an established thing on the site and is supported by statements, it makes a lot more sense to assume that than it does to assume something that wasn't even mentioned anywhere.

Again, at the very best that isn't combat applicable as it isn't regenerating for the entire duration of its fight with security personnel, nor was it mentioned after. Also, still not High-Mid, that's Low-Mid at best.

Extrasensory works, sure.

I mean, now that High-Mid is out of the window, I'm pretty sure the original match isn't a stomp anymore.

I'd still be leaning 096 though. It would keep on constantly attacking Izuku without relenting, and Izuku would be hard-pressed to keep it down due to Type 2. Paired with a massively superior endurance, I see 096 wearing him down significantly and eventually taking a win.

Yeah im still going for 096, even without regen Deku likely wont be able to put 096 down while 096 will just keep coming at him until Deku tires out and gets ripped in half

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back