• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

LeoEpicGamer8910

They/Them
45% Deku and Ripper Mode Raiden are used starting 10 meters apart
Speed equalized

Deku: 2
Raiden: 0
Vergil (Incon): 0

Last edited:
If Raiden is in Ripper Mode then that means he's probably bloodlusted, meaning he's gonna obliterate Deku with Blade Mode before he can react.

Deku has danger sense and far better mobility/LS, I think he could restrain Raiden with Black Whip. His prediction will also help with that.

Deku has danger sense and far better mobility/LS, I think he could restrain Raiden with Black Whip. His prediction will also help with that.
Analytical Prediction doesn't help immediately when you're facing against someone you've literally never seen before.

Analytical Prediction doesn't help immediately when you're facing against someone you've literally never seen before.
Deku has predicted people upon seeing them the first time. And Raiden should be simple enough to get, cyborg with a sword. Deku also has acrobatics and tornadoes he can throw out to catch Raiden.

I didn’t know it was 10x. Though now I’m confused, wouldn’t Deku’s stat amps from OFA also be in effect if Raiden’s are? Both start in their amped forms so counting one should count the other. Also they start 10 meters apart which is above Raiden’s range with his sword.

I don't think stat amps matter here because they're both starting in Ripper Mode and 45% respectively with speed equalized

I don't think stat amps matter here because they're both starting in Ripper Mode and 45% respectively with speed equalized
Yeah that’s what I thought. So with that in mind, Deku has an inherent advantage since his attacks have far greater range and AOE than Raiden’s

Raiden does have a really good speed amp in Blade Mode which increases his attack speed by 2 - 10 times. He can use that to deal with Blackwhip, and iirc Deku doesn't use air manip much if at all in this key.

Raiden does have a really good speed amp in Blade Mode which increases his attack speed by 2 - 10 times. He can use that to deal with Blackwhip, and iirc Deku doesn't use air manip much if at all in this key.
This is Dark Hero right? In Deku’s defense that arc was very short with only one major fight I can recall and Air Force wouldn’t have worked on Nagant. So he may pull it out. And he still has Black Whip plus Fa Jin which will let him play around Raiden’s dura neg and experience advantage. I’m leaning him unless Raiden can get lucky and catch him before he’s restrained or one tapped

This is Dark Hero right? In Deku’s defense that arc was very short with only one major fight I can recall and Air Force wouldn’t have worked on Nagant. So he may pull it out. And he still has Black Whip plus Fa Jin which will let him play around Raiden’s dura neg and experience advantage. I’m leaning him unless Raiden can get lucky and catch him before he’s restrained or one tapped
I just said Black Whip can be dealt with using Blade Mode, and iirc Deku isn't able to use Fa Jin very well in this key. I'll see what the others think though. I'm not very knowledgeable on Metal Gear scaling (I only know Rising).

I just said Black Whip can be dealt with using Blade Mode, and iirc Deku isn't able to use Fa Jin very well in this key. I'll see what the others think though. I'm not very knowledgeable on Metal Gear scaling (I only know Rising).
Fa Jin was part of the reason he beat Nagant. Also looking back he was able to predict her movements just based off the trajectory of her shots. I feel that plus his flight will let him slip some BW onto Raiden’s leg and slam him. And smokescreen will also aid him since it’ll let him build up the kinetic energy like against Lady Nagant.

Raiden has his AR visor, which will let him see through Smokescreen just fine. He also always puts the visor on during serious battles as well.

Raiden doesn't just start with Blade Mode and walk up to people. Blade Mode takes up a lot of energy, so he normally saves it for when he sees an opening on his opponent. He can use it whenever, but it's more likely he'll wait for a perfect moment to kill his enemy.

(Yes I know the drain speed in gameplay is highly exaggerated, but it's still noted as being draining in canon, just not that badly)

Even Ripper Mode Raiden, who spams Blade Mode, still waits in canon for certain openings.

This fight will start with Raiden charging Izuku, who'll have to avoid his attacks. Izuku's best chance would be to fly away from Raiden and snipe him with Air Force while charging up his Faux 100% to blitz. Raiden's not going to expect that speed boost and has no way of detecting it.

Up close Raiden should be "better" than Izuku. And if Izuku messes up and tries to block Raiden's attack, he'll find himself down a limb.

Which would be a good incentive to get far away from Raiden as possible. While Blackwhip would be a surprising move that could take Raiden off guard. He would just use Blade Mode to cut if off before Izuku could restrain him, and if he's close enough to Izuku, he can finish him off as well.

However, noticed how my chose of wording about Raiden being better than Izuku up close? That's because at 15% and above, Izuku's attacks produce large amount of air pressure with high AOE. If Izuku unleashes an attack up close, Raiden cannot dodge it, and that would not end well for him with his 7-B durability.

If Izuku gets distance on Raiden, he should win. He won't ever let Raiden get close enough to him and eventually will land an Air Force attack on him or use Faux 100% to blitz him. Or he can unleash an air pressure attack from up close, which Raiden can't dodge due to the sheer AOE it would have.

Raiden's victory condition is using his dura negating blade to one shot Izuku before that happens, or blitz him with Blade Mode. If Raiden realizes how strong Izuku is, there's no doubt he'd use Blade Mode to end the fight instantly. But he has no way of detecting Izuku's power until he gets hit.

Note: If Izuku deflects, not block it, but deflects Raiden's blade he should shatter it as well.

Since I have a bias. I'll vote for Izuku just barely. I think him using an Air Force blast up close is more likely than Raiden landing a fatal hit. And if Izuku decides to take distance instead of fighting up close, since he's fighting an unknown individual with a sword. Raiden has no way of chasing him up into the sky.

Raiden has his AR visor, which will let him see through Smokescreen just fine. He also always puts the visor on during serious battles as well.

Raiden doesn't just start with Blade Mode and walk up to people. Blade Mode takes up a lot of energy, so he normally saves it for when he sees an opening on his opponent. He can use it whenever, but it's more likely he'll wait for a perfect moment to kill his enemy.

(Yes I know the drain speed in gameplay is highly exaggerated, but it's still noted as being draining in canon, just not that badly)

Even Ripper Mode Raiden, who spams Blade Mode, still waits in canon for certain openings.

This fight will start with Raiden charging Izuku, who'll have to avoid his attacks. Izuku's best chance would be to fly away from Raiden and snipe him with Air Force while charging up his Faux 100% to blitz. Raiden's not going to expect that speed boost and has no way of detecting it.

Up close Raiden should be "better" than Izuku. And if Izuku messes up and tries to block Raiden's attack, he'll find himself down a limb.

Which would be a good incentive to get far away from Raiden as possible. While Blackwhip would be a surprising move that could take Raiden off guard. He would just use Blade Mode to cut if off before Izuku could restrain him, and if he's close enough to Izuku, he can finish him off as well.

However, noticed how my chose of wording about Raiden being better than Izuku up close? That's because at 15% and above, Izuku's attacks produce large amount of air pressure with high AOE. If Izuku unleashes an attack up close, Raiden cannot dodge it, and that would not end well for him with his 7-B durability.

If Izuku gets distance on Raiden, he should win. He won't ever let Raiden get close enough to him and eventually will land an Air Force attack on him or use Faux 100% to blitz him. Or he can unleash an air pressure attack from up close, which Raiden can't dodge due to the sheer AOE it would have.

Raiden's victory condition is using his dura negating blade to one shot Izuku before that happens, or blitz him with Blade Mode. If Raiden realizes how strong Izuku is, there's no doubt he'd use Blade Mode to end the fight instantly. But he has no way of detecting Izuku's power until he gets hit.

Note: If Izuku deflects, not block it, but deflects Raiden's blade he should shatter it as well.

Since I have a bias. I'll vote for Izuku just barely. I think him using an Air Force blast up close is more likely than Raiden landing a fatal hit. And if Izuku decides to take distance instead of fighting up close, since he's fighting an unknown individual with a sword. Raiden has no way of chasing him up into the sky.
Yeah, seems more likely Deku uses his AOE before Raiden gets the chance to cut him apart. I’ll vote him
Counyrd

Back