• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Oh nevermind, I see where.
Where?

Because I'm rather confused about Genos' Lifting Strength and no one on the One Punch Man Discussion thread will give me an answer. His rating has no justification.

(I don't care about the match, Genos' LS is just bothering me)

Because I'm rather confused about Genos' Lifting Strength and no one on the One Punch Man Discussion thread will give me an answer. His rating has no justification.

(I don't care about the match, Genos' LS is just bothering me)
Now that I'm looking at it, it does seem like as if Genos' first key lacks a justification for his Lifting Strength. Is he scaling above Iaian like he does in his second key?

Now that I'm looking at it, it does seem like as if Genos' first key lacks a justification for his Lifting Strength. Is he scaling above Iaian like he does in his second key?
But why would he do that, because he had been upgraded after his fight against mosquito girl.

Iaian's Class M rating is only for his Low 7-B key.

I don't see why 7-C/High 7-C Genos would scale to that.

He's never grappled with Iaian either, so I don't know why he's scaling period. We shouldn't be treating LS/AP/SS as the same thing.

Being stronger in one area doesn't mean you're stronger in the other, unless there is evidence to support it.

He's never grappled with Iaian either, so I don't know why he's scaling period. We shouldn't be treating LS/AP/SS as the same thing.

Being stronger in one area doesn't mean you're stronger in the other, unless there is evidence to support it.
Also doesn’t Deku scale higher than Ryukyu (shigiaraki stuff) who’s LS follows the same logic as her AP?

But why would he do that, because he had been upgraded after his fight against mosquito girl.
That seems like something worth discussing especially since Mosquito Girl is rated as at least Class M using Genos as justification.

Yeah, a CRT might be needed for this.

That seems like something worth discussing especially since Mosquito Girl is rated as at least Class M using Genos as justification.

Yeah, a CRT might be needed for this.
Does.
does this just make the match invalid because Deku could just blackwhip GG

Does.
does this just make the match invalid because Deku could just blackwhip GG
That depends on how that CRT goes and if there is in fact a proper justification for Genos' current Lifting Strength rating.

Also doesn’t Deku scale higher than Ryukyu who’s LS follows the same logic as her AP?
What do you mean? I'm not familiar with this.

I thought 30% Izuku was scaling above Ryukyu for his Blackwhip restraint being more effective than Ryukyu's restrain against Shigaraki. Even if both of them failed.

Ryukyu is Class M for being able to push Rikiya back, which is Lifting Strength. He's Class M for not being pushed back against an attack that was able to move two Class M weight villains.

What do you mean? I'm not familiar with this.

I thought 30% Izuku was scaling above Ryukyu for his Blackwhip restraint being more effective than Ryukyu's restrain against Shigaraki. Even if both of them failed.

Ryukyu is Class M for being able to push Rikiya back, which is Lifting Strength. He's Class M for not being pushed back against an attack that was able to move two Class M weight villains.
Oh by LS following the same logic as AP I meant.
Rikiya resisted 100% blasts which we scale as 3.333x more power than the 30% blasts in AP.
Ryukyu pushes him
so do they scale 3.333x the 3280 ton value, or is it just massively superior to it?

Oh by LS following the same logic as AP I meant.
Rikiya resisted 100% blasts which we scale as 3.333x more power than the 30% blasts in AP.
Ryukyu pushes him
so do they scale 3.333x the 3280 ton value, or is it just massively superior to it?
No.

They just scales above the weight of the villains by an unknown amount.

One thing I will say is that Deku is not 5.8 kT and I’m getting tired of saying it.

His 10% is 4.22kT, and he gets stronger up to his 15% to the point he can push back Flect Turn who was unmoved by his 10%.

Finger Flicks from his 20% can blast his 10% away when Flect Turn reflects them, and with 20% he actually breaks through Flect Turn and hurts him consistently. That is where baseline 7-C comes from, and that’s just cause there’s no number to put down how much stronger he is than 4.22.

And then 30% is even stronger than 20% on top of him training for months such that his body is adapted to using 45% when it could just manage 20% earlier.

The AP disadvantage does not exist if not sways in Deku’s favor, and definitely is in his favor when he uses Fa Jin. Genos punches will be doing as much to Deku as Deku’s own punches would

So Genos isn’t “beating Deku down” as easily as people are saying, it would take many minutes of consecutive blows with Deku doing nothing but standing still before Genos actually knocks him unconscious and that’s just WHM Deku, Final Act Deku has pain tolerance beyond his previous limits on top of better stamina feats and way higher defensive abilities in precog and analytical prediction.

Idk where this argument that Genos just runs up to him and punches him a couple times and he loses comes from

One thing I will say is that Deku is not 5.8 kT and I’m getting tired of saying it.

His 10% is 4.22kT, and he gets stronger up to his 15% to the point he can push back Flect Turn who was unmoved by his 10%.

Finger Flicks from his 20% can blast his 10% away when Flect Turn reflects them, and with 20% he actually breaks through Flect Turn and hurts him consistently. That is where baseline 7-C comes from, and that’s just cause there’s no number to put down how much stronger he is than 4.22.

And then 30% is even stronger than 20% on top of him training for months such that his body is adapted to using 45% when it could just manage 20% earlier.

The AP disadvantage does not exist if not sways in Deku’s favor, and definitely is in his favor when he uses Fa Jin. Genos punches will be doing as much to Deku as Deku’s own punches would
If it's not 5.8 kilotons, then what is it?

Genos is Class M due to having the same "Power" rating according to the Hero Association stats.
To who? Who does he share this rating with?

And does this account for lifting strength or just raw power output.

Also that isn't on his profile, so no that isn't correct. In the future maybe that could be his reasoning, but right now his profile has gives no justification to be Class M.

The gap is still around <1.7x
How do you get 1.7x if he’s way stronger than 5.8, he could be stronger than Genos for all you or I know. Hence my issue with upscaling rules but that’s another topic.
Essentially, gap is nonexistent in the best case for Genos, and Deku is stronger in the worst case. So fight doesn’t end fast at all and Deku has plenty of time.

But like I said, I don’t care enough to argue it. Please; take the win vs Deku who isn’t even going all out, I implore you.

How do you get 1.7x if he’s way stronger than 5.8, he could be stronger than Genos for all you or I know. Hence my issue with upscaling rules but that’s another topic.
Essentially, gap is nonexistent in the best case for Genos, and Deku is stronger in the worst case. So fight doesn’t end fast at all and Deku has plenty of time.

But like I said, I don’t care enough to argue it. Please; take the win vs Deku who isn’t even going all out, I implore you.
That's not how it works. Just because you upscale from 5.8, no matter how much, if you don't have a solid rating, you can't say that he's equal or greater than someone who is 10.05, hence why I said that the gap is less than 1.7x, but still around that number since that's the rating Deku has.

That's not how it works. Just because you upscale from 5.8, no matter how much, if you don't have a solid rating, you can't say that he's equal or greater than someone who is 10.05, hence why I said that the gap is less than 1.7x, but still around that number since that's the rating Deku has.
No please, keep telling me things I already know about upscaling rules, its funny

But Iaian Class M rating is only for his Low 7-B key.

So a 7-C Genos isn't scaling to him period.

Unless you can prove Genos 7-C key self has a higher lifting strength than Monster Association Iaian.
I assume he's just scaling above Hammerhead, since Hammerhead is weaker than him in every other way anyway and that's the lowest Class M calc there is in OPM currently

So like I wouldn’t add this match until Genos’s LS situation is figured out (cause ya know, blackwhip requires LS, and one thing I got from glancing at a quick read is that Genos needs LS to win)

Back