• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

KingEzran

He/Him
This is 8% Deku vs Mark 6 Iron Man (MCU).

Plot (WARNING: THIS INCLUDES A FEW SPOILERS FOR SEASON 4 FOR THOSE WHO ARE NOT CAUGHT UP!): (This takes place after most events of Season 4 of BNHA and around the time of Spider-Man Homecoming to make things flow better) Deku had recently had his victory over Chisaki. However, it came with some loss too. Sir Nighteye had died, and Mirio was physically and emotionally injured. The rest of the team were not only heavily exhausted, but also weak, and sad too. Due to the Nighteye Agency being in such a critical juncture, it temporarily closed down for the team to recover. Deku decided to find new work with other heroes, encountering Spider-Man (Marvel Cinematic Universe). After their tied match, Deku told him about his current condition and Peter referred him to the Avengers. Deku was finally able to reach Tony after excessive calls with Happy Hogan. Deku talked to Tony about joining the Avengers. With the Avengers in a bad situation too and still needing to fill the room by Vision, Tony accepts, but decides to test Deku first. He decides to use an earlier armor to make things fair and go into an open field so no one has a clear advantage. At this point, there's only one thing left to do. FIGHT!

Let's get into the details of this versus thread.

-Speed Equalized

-Both in Character

-Range: 4 meters

-Win via KO

Votes:

Deku: 3 (Kingofwolves999, NomsNoms, Newendigo)

Iron Man: 2 (Ionliosite, I'm blue daba dee daba die)

His suit can generate 10 gigawatts which is 2.39 tons. Which means 8% Deku is almost 1.5x stronger and 20% is almost 3x stronger.

No. To one-shot you must be at least 7.5x stronger. 3 doesn't equal 7.5, thus Tony would survive.

1: Deku can shatter his spikes, but his spikes also get some energy from the momentum of them coming out of the ground. Thus making their AP less than their Dura.

2: Breaking bones doesn't mean you can one-shot and Deku has been wrong before. It's not like whatever he says is a law.

I disagree. Not to mention, Shouto (with his crappy 8-C dura) survived hits from 100% Deku. Sure they were somewhat restrained, but they would've at least knocked him out of the ring in one punch. Not to mention, Iron Man has various abilities that would assist him here. But to appease you, I will stop it at 8%.

Deku would have absolutely one shot Overhaul if he hit him, why should we not believe him? Just a cursory glance from one kick destroyed Overhauls arms, despite his durability being doubled, and 8% Deku could only harm base Overhaul. If Deku actually hit him dead on, Overhaul would've been KO'd, or severely close to it, he's above 6 tons by quite a substantial degree.

The air pressure from U.A. Beginnings Deku is ridiculously weak, wdym direct hits? Todoroki was not hit dead on with a single full power 100% attack, wind pressure or direct. The most Deku did were finger flicks to block his ice, all of which are hilariously weaker than an actual punch or kick. He couldn't knock him out of the ring because of the ice he made behind him, it was the entire plot of why Todoroki didn't lose immediately. "Somewhat restrained" is downplay of an insane magnitude, you're attempting to compare finger flicks from sports festival Deku to full power kicks from 20% Overhaul arc Deku.

Deku threw a single punch at Todoroki that could be called "direct", and it was to force him back not hurt him. And Todoroki stayed in because he kept making ice to stop him from falling out of the ring.

Don't use a far inferior version of Deku to downplay a superior one, please.

Other than that, Deku has the AP, Dura and, at this point, likely a decent stamina advantage as well. He can counter Tony's missiles with his own air pressure, can aim dodge repulsor rays (especially since he's used to dodging hand based attacks (ergo Bakugo)), and can fight long enough to figure out Tony's strategies and weaponry. Flash attacks are also a Bakugo specialty, and since these ones won't be as hard to anticipate, shouldn't matter too much. Sound attacks might work, but Deku can just push through the pain and fight anyway, or maybe disrupt them with air pressure.

Honestly, he might even be able to reach Iron Man mid air if he grabs him with black whip, then pulls himself towards him. If he can get onto Tony and take out his boosters, that would be a huge advantage, though it is quite a maneuver to pull off. He wouldn't need to do this if he had stuff to bounce off of, but open field gg I guess.

I honestly wonder if Tony can even break black whip considering its properties. Would it just stretch if he tried to pull it off him? Would he wind up pulling Deku towards him anyway? Would it actually break? Idk.

Anyway, I'll vote Deku. He has either encountered everything Iron Man can do with this suit already, and has developed counters to said things, or can just use his ridiculous pain tolerance to deal with whatever else Tony throws at him. The decent stat advantage is great for him as well, and the likelihood of him being able to deal with Tony's flight can't be ignored.

KingEzran said:
1: Deku can shatter his spikes, but his spikes also get some energy from the momentum of them coming out of the ground. Thus making their AP less than their Dura.
2: Breaking bones doesn't mean you can one-shot and Deku has been wrong before. It's not like whatever he says is a law.

I disagree. Not to mention, Shouto (with his crappy 8-C dura) survived hits from 100% Deku. Sure they were somewhat restrained, but they would've at least knocked him out of the ring in one punch. Not to mention, Iron Man has various abilities that would assist him here. But to appease you, I will stop it at 8%.
Todoroki survived 5% hits those weren't 100%, If you can break both arms with one blow imagine what you'd do to a skull or a rib? If OH's spikes pack more AP than dura they'd break everytime they hit someone.

Tony is capable of one-shoting tanks such as the M1 Abrams, which need 20 gigajoules (5 Tons) for fragmentation, if anything Tony is the one that holds the strenght advantage.

Also includes Lifting Strength, Class 10 against Class M? IM is gonna ragdoll Deku like shit.

Repulsors, homing attacks, flash and sound attacks, laser-system that can one-shot comparable beings to him Vs air pressure attacks? Yeah no, IM is going to rain dead over Deku, J.A.R.V.I.S will tell him about anything of Deku's abilities and hard counter those annoying air gusts (Such as concentrated attacks like the unibeam or laser), the armor can last pretty long and Tony himself can stay awake for more than 2 days. He eventually rejects the kid.

Voting the Stark.

The tank missile gets flung or blasted off course.

Iron Man doesn't abuse his LS in character.

Repulsors aren't hard to dodge, when has MK 6 Tony shown homing attacks? Bakugou's stun grenade is harder to react to than Tony's attacks and Deku still prevented himself from going blind, his laser is a one off that can be dodged and since he isn't trying to kill Deku he won't use it. When has J.A.R.V.I.S told him everything about his opponent's abilites and how to hard counter them?

Tony's armors burn through power pretty freaking quick he at least isn't going longer than Deku can.

That isn't on his profile, and as I just said, one shotting cross verse is a debated topic right now.

Deku wouldn't grapple with him anyway, all he needs black whip for is to get to Tony while he's in mid air. Grappling is the last thing Deku would do against someone he's fighting to beat instead of detain.

High 8-C air pressure attacks that are spammable and comparable in AP to IM himself are indeed an issue. Also, like I said, everything Tony has, Deku has already dealt with or seen before. Repulsor rays get aim dodged easily, flash attacks are easy to avoid, missiles get countered by air pressure. The only thing Deku hasn't directly handled is sound attacks, and people ridiculously weaker than him in his verse have been shown to be completely fine from them.

The only things that counter his air blasts are things that Deku can aim dodge? Cool. How long has Mark 6 armor held up in an actual fight where it's being damaged? And what information can mark 6 Jarvis get on Deku? Given the terrain (which is heavily biased against Deku, agai), Deku's only options are air blasting Tony until he can find a way to knock him down. Not much to analyze there, it'd just be range trading for a good while. Can Jarvis at this point even analyze fighting styles as well as Tony's A.I. in civil war?

Needing to debate against range spam + flight with a character whose main method of mobility is bouncing off his surroundings is far easier when, y'know, there are surroundings to bounce off of. Only reason this match is winnable for Deku is his ridiculous pain tolerance, own range spam and ability to at least get into the air to bring IM down.

Anyway even with that I do think since Deku can't fly he'll go on a range spam with Black Whip to catcher him and with its large range I think it will be effective enough to drag him out of the air onto the ground where I think Deku has the upper advantage. Going with Deku for now.

That is in his profile.

If Deku ever manages to grap IM with black whip (Who says that IM can't just dodge or deflect the thing) Tony is going to pull him and sucker punch, simply as that.

Yeah... And so does Stark, aside from Air Blasts, Deku lacks the variety/versatily to content against Tony, who himself is pretty adaptive. This combined with flight and info analyzis to easily dispach whatever advantage Izuku had from the beginning.

Mark 3 with a Gen 1 Arc Reactor with only 12-15% of power had a prolonged fight against Iron Monger who was not only stronger but also had a Gen 2 Arc Reactor at full capacity. Mark 6's Reactor is, on top of being better than Gen 1 and 2, was built with a new energy source that made a Nuclear Power Plant look like AA battery.

How is Tony gonna deflect multiple energy whips? Tony pulls him in and punches him only for Deku to shrug it off and hit back or just blast him with Airforce while he's getting pulled.

What info analysis feats does J.A.R.V.I.S have that'd let him analyze Deku and counter him completley?

Mark 3 lasted a couple minutes with that amount and ran out of power. Unless Tony has a feat of lasting several hours in combat Deku can outlast him.

Iron man being 5 tons is not listed on his profile, the tank feat is under building+.

I already raised several questions on how Tony pulling Black Whip might not even do anything since black whip has no current defined length. Tony could pull on it and it could just expand as he pulls, pull Deku towards him, or it could just break. Also, if he pulls Deku and tries to hit him, Izuku would just dodge the punch and hop on Tony's back. Not exactly hard to do since maneuvering mid air is very easy for him and makes up half his mobility. Heck, he could just eat the punch and hit back, Tony doesn't have the AP to make Deku unable to counter attack.

That literally just makes it a stand-off. Tony can't hit Deku with any attacks because Deku will counter with air pressure, and vice versa with repulsor rays. The only difference is Deku doesn't have limited flicks, unlike Tony who is not only running off the arc reactor, but has limited missiles and such. Deku doesn't need versatility when his opponents versatility can be dealt with at no cost to him.

"Prolonged fight" doesn't tell me much. Deku can fight for hours on top of his insane pain tolerance, and since he isn't even going to be doing much moving other than dodging repulsor rays, I don't see him getting tired any sooner than Tony's suit.

What info analysis feats does mark 6 Jarvis have though? He isn't at the level Tony's A.I. was at during civil war.

This match is just becoming dodge ball, except the ball is air pressure and lasers.

How s Deku dodging multiple repulsor bast and homing missles that can blow Leviathans that are building sized beasts? a Shockwave is a really bad range attack overal since the strengh deplete the more it disperse, and concentrated attack is far better cus it doesn't suffer from the Inverse Square Law.

His palladium lasers can one-shot War Machine who is comparable to him, Deku is done if he gets hit by them, he ain't deflecting that with some air shockwave btw.

How Stark dodges? Fly out of range out range or aim dodge the trajectory easily since he hoovering dozen of meters in air. Alternatively he can just deflect the attacks repulsors.

I doutb one can count feats for Info Analysis, you count its versatility, in this case, it can pimpoint the location of an object or person kilometers away, give information about materials and energy sources, predict the trajectory of moving targets, and overall data about the enviroment.

If Tony sucker punch Deku, the kid aint gonna shrugg it off like some chad, he'll be send flying away like a homerun due to IM massive lifting strength, just like that poor idiot in Iron Man 1.

It took a heavily damaged prototype, the Mark 41 to exhaust all its energy after flying nonstop several hours through the contry, and as I said, the Gen 3 AR makes a Nuclear Plant look like AA battery in comparition. Deku may have Pain Tolerance, but the Armor is a machine, it not going to react to pain from physical strikes, it's going to keep fighting until is either turn into shreds or drained entirely, and tony himself is not breaking any bone here.

Newendigo said:
How s Deku dodging multiple repulsor bast and homing missles that can blow Leviathans that are building sized beasts?
Code:
Well, Leviathans are BUILDING SIZE. Izuku isn't. It's easier for a smaller person to dodge something than something that huge is.

You seem to be talking about MK 7 not 6. It isn't a shockwave it's an air bullet that can damage people stronger than Deku himself.

He won't use those lasers in a mtch to KO.

Right he's gonna deflect multiple energy whips and air bullets that are stronger than his AP and dura.

Mind telling me when he did all that stuff? The movie he did it in, a time stamp.

Ok he gets sent flying but then just stops due to pseudo flight and comes right back or he catches Tony's punch or dodges due to pseudo flight or flicks him.

Tony regularly gets injured through his armor and can be staggered. MK 41 is way later than MK 6 dude.

Deku aim dodges the repulsor blasts and makes the missiles blow up before they even hit him, we've been over this several times.

Deku's Air Force retains High 8-C properties for tens of meters. Is gloves are literally designed to make his shots compressed and go longer without drop off.

Iron Man is not going to cut Deku in half with a laser, that's horrendously out of character. He'd get down and fist fight Deku with his bare hands before killing a kid in an initiation test.

Stark can shoot a max of 3 rays at any point in time, Deku definitely can reach him with black whip if he's close enough.

None of that helps in a fight.

Deku would 100% shrug off a hit and hit back, did you not see him do that against Shinso, Bakugo, Gentle, and his own broken bones? There is no damage Iron Man can inflict via a punch that Deku wouldn't take and give back, according to their profile, even harder.

Mark 41 is ridiculously superior to the mark 6, isn't it? How is comparing the two in terms of energy efficiency even remotely sensible? And didn't eh mark 41 explicitly have some of Tony's best tech since it's his newest model?

Back