• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'M COOKING BUT YALL MFS STARVING
5df.jpg

Anyway, first thing I’m seeing is she has no counter to Analytical Prediction + Danger Sense dodging all her attacks. Her precognition isn’t combat based and she doesn’t seem to have predictions herself, which wouldn’t help given Deku can overwhelm the predictions of others anyway.
Ihwa actually has ways to deal with both of these abilities, which I will begin explaining below.

First off, Ihwa has comparable(somewhat) combat skills to Engen, a character within Hero Killer who can fight against Chaos, a Hero who can predict movements by recording every single detail about a person from the past, predicting their movements with such accuracy he can see the future, to such an extent even Engen actually believed that Chaos was literally peering into the future. This allows Chaos to face off against two opponents while avoiding danmaku attacks and fending off against another opponent with supreme accuracy.

Engen, literally a few moments after this, was able to read Chaos' reading of his future via reading his past and present movements, and was able to immediately defeat him afterward. Ihwa is not 100% comparable to Engen's skills in such a manner, I will confirm this, but she is not incomparable either.

For dealing with Danger Sense, its weakness is that it does not work on those who do not have any real killing intent towards him, yes? Ihwa is capable of hiding and controlling her intent, so, while she may act to kill or harm Deku, she may very well bare no malice or intent to kill towards him.
If we’re allowing 8%, Air Force ***** her up at range and he stomps her in LS via Blackwhip even without 8%. So her getting caught and dragged into his kicks over and over while he’s flying is likely.

Base FA Deku > Base EA Deku > Base JT Deku > Base UA Deku >= 13.7 tons, so even his base can hurt her, while his durability is 47.2 tons, more than enough to take her attacks.

His 8% is scaling above 41.11 tons as he’s grown stronger and it grows with him, and his durability would increase substantially as well. Again, assuming it’s allowed at all.

He can increase the AP difference through Fa Jin as well as increase his speed to blitz her for a moment. He can fly with Float so his mobility is superior to hers when combined with Air Force, and idk if she can see through Smokescreen or just hear him, but it do be there.
I will admit that Deku has higher AP than Ihwa(I am very much confused on his scaling, though), so, that I concede. But, Ihwa also has her own form of Awakened Power and Accelerated Development, this allows her to jump several tiers at a time, specifically, she was able to jump from 9-A up to 8-B in an instant.

Also, her mobility is nothing to scoff it, I kid you not. Even as a child she can hop off the air and jump several meters and city blocks, so even with his ability to fly she should have comparable mobility with Deku.

Smokescreen should not delay Ihwa's vision. As stated on the profile, she can sense she was being attacked from over 2,000 yards away, so even through the smokescreen she would sense Deku's attack prior and take efforts to avoid it.
Most of her options seem cqc based and her few ranged options aren’t good at all against Deku’s analytical skills, as he could eventually overtake and counter predict Nagant’s sniper rounds that were faster than him. So it kinda depends on her dragging him into Killer’s Time and stalling him out cause not much she has is gonna put any meaningful hurt on him while he’s avoiding her on top of his stamina being ridiculously better than her own.

Honestly the hardest part for Deku is if he gets in Killer Time and has to kill her, as he doesn’t do that. He will if he has to, I suppose.
I do not believe I need to give this part of your post a proper response.

For this
Ihwa is far worse than Engen, outright. As someone who has read the manhwa she isn’t comparable by a longshot.
Literally Someone Engen skills stomped with his eyes closed beat her. Downscaling isn’t even worth it at that point
For dealing with Danger Sense, its weakness is that it does not work on those who do not have any real killing intent towards him, yes? Ihwa is capable of hiding and controlling her intent, so, while she may act to kill or harm Deku, she may very well bare no malice or intent to kill towards him.
That isn’t how DS works.

The only example is far is Toga, and while she did have intent to harm the reason it didn’t trigger was because she was so deluded into thinking that was how you show love that she truly did not think it was actually harming him
I will admit that Deku has higher AP than Ihwa(I am very much confused on his scaling, though), so, that I concede. But, Ihwa also has her own form of Awakened Power and Accelerated Development, this allows her to jump several tiers at a time, specifically, she was able to jump from 9-A up to 8-B in an instant.
8% just scales to 41.11
And my hero characters also have awakened power, Deku literally held his dusted arm Together long enough to pull off 4 100% smashes in an earlier key, when just 1 is enough to turn his entire arm into literal play dough and make it worthless for the rest of his fight, because he wanted to save 1 kid, he’s going to go far beyond Plus Ultra for this
Also that was through power awakening, something Engen specifically was trying to draw out in that moment, so I don’t know how reliable it is to say that she can just do it again here
Also, her mobility is nothing to scoff it, I kid you not. Even as a child she can hop off the air and jump several meters and city blocks, so even with his ability to fly she should have comparable mobility with Deku.
not here to disagree on this one, ***** just impressive
Smokescreen should not delay Ihwa's vision. As stated on the profile, she can sense she was being attacked from over 2,000 yards away, so even through the smokescreen she would sense Deku's attack prior and take efforts to avoid it.
She’d need specific senses to go through smoke, so unless she’s shown the ability before she can’t do it here via assuming

Ihwa is far worse than Engen, outright. As someone who has read the manhwa she isn’t comparable by a longshot.
Literally Someone Engen skills stomped with his eyes closed beat her. Downscaling isn’t even worth it at that point
I'll agree to disagree with you then, I don't think Ihwa and Engen are incomparable completely in skills, and Engen didn't skill stomp Jintae Yang(I know that's who you're talking about), it was an AP thing.

Also, even if you would say that Ihwa is not comparable to Engen, she's definitely above Chaos in sheer skills.
That isn’t how DS works.

The only example is far is Toga, and while she did have intent to harm the reason it didn’t trigger was because she was so deluded into thinking that was how you show love that she truly did not think it was actually harming him
"This isn't how it works" is not an argument. This is how it is explained on his profile in his weakness' section.
8% just scales to 41.11
And my hero characters also have awakened power, Deku literally held his dusted arm Together long enough to pull off 4 100% smashes in an earlier key, when just 1 is enough to turn his entire arm into literal play dough and make it worthless for the rest of his fight, because he wanted to save 1 kid, he’s going to go far beyond Plus Ultra for this
Also that was through power awakening, something Engen specifically was trying to draw out in that moment, so I don’t know how reliable it is to say that she can just do it again here
This isn't really a metric or a coherent explanation of any sorts. I don't know what you expect me to take from this.

Engen specifically trying to draw it out is irrelevant to the fact that gift users, especially Ihwa, can awaken high amounts of strength when put into stressful situations, if she's put into a spot where she's being pushed or somehow having her life threatened she will most likely awaken again. It's how the power system works.
She’d need specific senses to go through smoke, so unless she’s shown the ability before she can’t do it here via assuming
No, you don't. Being able to sense the attack through the obstruction even if she can't actually see through the obstruction is enough to dodge.

I'm leaning toward Deku via Analytical prediction, DS, Black whip and incomparably higher LS

I have added a small section to the first part of my most recent post, for those who don't see.

I'll agree to disagree with you then, I don't think Ihwa and Engen are incomparable completely in skills, and Engen didn't skill stomp Jintae Yang(I know that's who you're talking about), it was an AP thing.

Also, even if you would say that Ihwa is not comparable to Engen, she's definitely above Chaos in sheer skills.
Chaos’s skill doesn’t make his predictions based off sheer skill, it’s memorization and the such
Saying she’s above him in skill doesn’t automatically give her his pattern recognition
"This isn't how it works" is not an argument. This is how it is explained on his profile in his weakness' section.
I gave you why Toga was able to get around in, it was out of delusion not an intent to hurt him or not harm him

Class 1-A was genuinely trying to help him and cause no harm to him, that’s why they didn’t proc it either

If Ihwa is trying to injure or kill him, no matter how good at hiding her intent is, it’s going to proc, because the quirk is reading actions and what’s behind them or the thought of “I’m going to punch him to hurt him” even just “I’m going to punch him” should work
Toga’s would fall under “I’m going to stab him because he’ll look so cute covered in blood” and other such things which are being fueled not out of a desire to hurt him or kill him but out of her version of love. Similarly class 1-A were trying to actually get him to take care of himself and stop putting the weight of the whole world on his shoulders
This isn't really a metric or a coherent explanation of any sorts. I don't know what you expect me to take from this.
That boku no my hero characters also have limiters they can break, also gaining exponential power on the brink of death
Engen specifically trying to draw it out is irrelevant to the fact that gift users, especially Ihwa, can awaken high amounts of strength when put into stressful situations, if she's put into a spot where she's being pushed or somehow having her life threatened she will most likely awaken again. It's how the power system works.
Problem being that killing isnt the be all end all win con for Deku, he can go for incapacitation, which is exactly what he’ll do following his character.

Engen put her in a situation in which she believed she would die if she did not awaken, that’s how it happened.

And we see how the process worked, it happened with Jade’s because she’s so familiar with it, versus battle rules doesn’t let us assume that she can awaken another one just because she has it and she’s near death, it would need to be explicitly stated what ability, how it would work, etc etc.

Like with S&S it is not illogical to assume she can rule that “[Insert name here] Will stop breathing” but we can’t do that because it’s not one she has been shown to use
No, you don't. Being able to sense the attack through the obstruction even if she can't actually see through the obstruction is enough to dodge.
less for attacks more for Deku being unable to be seen
gives him time to gather the one tap potentia (Fa-jin)

Chaos’s skill doesn’t make his predictions based off sheer skill, it’s memorization and the such
Saying she’s above him in skill doesn’t automatically give her his pattern recognition
His fighting style correlates with his retrocognitive analytical prediction abilities, and the abilities go hand in hand in forming his fighting style. It substantiates his skill.
I gave you why Toga was able to get around in, it was out of delusion not an intent to hurt him or not harm him

Class 1-A was genuinely trying to help him and cause no harm to him, that’s why they didn’t proc it either

If Ihwa is trying to injure or kill him, no matter how good at hiding her intent is, it’s going to proc, because the quirk is reading actions and what’s behind them or the thought of “I’m going to punch him to hurt him” even just “I’m going to punch him” should work
Toga’s would fall under “I’m going to stab him because he’ll look so cute covered in blood” and other such things which are being fueled not out of a desire to hurt him or kill him but out of her version of love. Similarly class 1-A were trying to actually get him to take care of himself and stop putting the weight of the whole world on his shoulders
That isn't how it's explained on the profile. In fact, the profile seems to favor my interpretation over yours, so I won't be considering this as valid.
Problem being that killing isnt the be all end all win con for Deku, he can go for incapacitation, which is exactly what he’ll do following his character.

Engen put her in a situation in which she believed she would die if she did not awaken, that’s how it happened.

And we see how the process worked, it happened with Jade’s because she’s so familiar with it, versus battle rules doesn’t let us assume that she can awaken another one just because she has it and she’s near death, it would need to be explicitly stated what ability, how it would work, etc etc.

Like with S&S it is not illogical to assume she can rule that “[Insert name here] Will stop breathing” but we can’t do that because it’s not one she has been shown to use
I never said she'd awaken another gift, so I will kindly request that you refrain from putting words in my mouth. I'm saying that if put into a situation where she believes she will be killed, putting her into a situation where she will be determined to overcome her opponent, Deku, she will go through an awakening similar to the awakening she went through when she went through the awakening of Jade's Gift.

I will NOT assume this will manifest in a way not shown, I will NOT assume she will go through an awakening with a completely random gift that she has barely any familiarity with. I am making completely logical deductions based on what Ihwa has shown to do in the series.
less for attacks more for Deku being unable to be seen
gives him time to gather the one tap potentia (Fa-jin)
She'd sense he's stationary while charging said attack, first of all, and second of all she can simply blow away the smoke with her AoE electricity attacks.

His fighting style correlates with his retrocognitive analytical prediction abilities, and the abilities go hand in hand in forming his fighting style. It substantiates his skill.
That means she can get around someone who’s analytical prediction is pattern based, not Deku’s who in a weaker key
That isn't how it's explained on the profile. In fact, the profile seems to favor my interpretation over yours, so I won't be considering this as valid.
1. Going around it without giving a proper rebuttal is conceding not winning
2. The profile doesn’t mean everything. That’s it’s base, surface level explanation, thats like me say Ihwa has no possibly way of summoning axe blades because she never has shown them, Greymans gift explicitly states ALL bladed weaponry so that would be a stupid point, but that’s the same thing here. I’d grab you the manga panel of Hikage (original user of Danger Sense) using danger sense to dodge a friendly pat on the back, but the picture turns up dead
I never said she'd awaken another gift, so I will kindly request that you refrain from putting words in my mouth. I'm saying that if put into a situation where she believes she will be killed, putting her into a situation where she will be determined to overcome her opponent, Deku, she will go through an awakening similar to the awakening she went through when she went through the awakening of Jade's Gift.

I will NOT assume this will manifest in a way not shown, I will NOT assume she will go through an awakening with a completely random gift that she has barely any familiarity with. I am making completely logical deductions based on what Ihwa has shown to do in the series.
Unless she can double awakening a gift it’s highly unlikely no gift has been stated to have that much familiarity as Jade’s, that’s the explicit reason has to why only his was viable for awakening
She'd sense he's stationary while charging said attack, first of all, and second of all she can simply blow away the smoke with her AoE electricity attacks.
Fa-Jin is charged in a number of ways, repeated actions, is the statement.
running, jumping, dodging, attacking with physical strikes, all of those can charge fa-jin

That means she can get around someone who’s analytical prediction is pattern based, not Deku’s who in a weaker key
Every form of analytical prediction is in some way or another based on the opponent's patterns, so this is an irrelevant point to begin with.
1. Going around it without giving a proper rebuttal is conceding not winning
Stop putting things into my mouth. It's very annoying.
2. The profile doesn’t mean everything. That’s it’s base, surface level explanation, thats like me say Ihwa has no possibly way of summoning axe blades
Then give me evidence, like I have of my claims, of these situations you have proposed about Deku's Danger Sense, and I will believe you and change my stance. Simple.
Unless she can double awakening a gift it’s highly unlikely no gift has been stated to have that much familiarity as Jade’s, that’s the explicit reason has to why only his was viable for awakening
This isn't an argument nor does it even address my point, in fact you blatantly ignore how the series' power system works by making a point like this. There's no "double awakening", it's just "awakening", it's general for all gift users and there's no limit onto how many times it can happen for a single gift.
Fa-Jin is charged in a number of ways, repeated actions, is the statement.
running, jumping, dodging, attacking with physical strikes, all of those can charge fa-jin
This is worse, as Ihwa would just sense him moving to charge Fa Jin and intercept his attacks before he fully releases the stored up power.

Every form of analytical prediction is in some way or another based on the opponent's patterns, so this is an irrelevant point to begin with.
Chaos’s pattern based recognition is through analyzing moves that happened in the past and applying them to now, even if they’ve changed
Deku’s in JT is based off of a few seconds of combat from an opponent who blitzed all of his classmates and himself
This is final act Deku, who’s far smarter and better at his predictions
Stop putting things into my mouth. It's very annoying.
I didn’t you said you’d just ignore it.
Then give me evidence, like I have of my claims, of these situations you have proposed about Deku's Danger Sense, and I will believe you and change my stance. Simple.
Let me go find the chapters then
This isn't an argument nor does it even address my point, in fact you blatantly ignore how the series' power system works by making a point like this. There's no "double awakening", it's just "awakening", it's general for all gift users and there's no limit onto how many times it can happen for a single gift.
Is that a stated thing or what? When I said double awakening it wasnt a term in an of itself, it was a literal question of “can you double awakening a gift” I haven’t gotten the newest.
This is worse, as Ihwa would just sense him moving to charge Fa Jin and intercept his attacks before he fully releases the stored up power.
Then he releases part of it and dodges, he doesn’t need to release it all at once

It is nearing 1 A.M for me and I am very tired, so I will hold this debate off until tomorrow as I will most likely be going to sleep within the hour or two.

It is nearing 1 A.M for me and I am very tired, so I will hold this debate off until tomorrow as I will most likely be going to sleep within the hour or two.
MHA chapter 320 page 15 gives why class 1-A doesn’t set off danger sense
MHA Chapter 304 page 6 shows Hikage dodging attacks that should be no real danger outside of diagoro trying to catch him
MHA chapter 347 shows Toga bypassing it through sheer affection

Alright so first off, no, she does not scale to Engen’s skill. The **** are you on.

Secondly, she does not have Chaos’s whatever ability, and even if she did, it would not help because Deku’s predictions are way faster and don’t need any time beyond seeing an attack to work. Only time “pattern recognition” was a problem for Deku was against Gentle, who he fought for about 1 minute and said was literally impossible to predict, then could instantly deduce the exact placement, size and range of his invisible air barriers, so accurately that he could snipe a miniscule gap between them at the perfect angle to bounce an Air Force shot off of one of them and hit Gentle.

That is the worse Deku who gets stomped by the one Ihwa is fighting. He would realize she’s trying to read him or counter his predictions, and would counter hers back, same way he did Nagant. Except even easier because she has no answer at all to him now having Danger Sense on top of his predictions.

Third, the awakened power argument is irrelevant, idk why that’s being brought up. She is not being put in a situation that would force her to evolve nor does she seemingly have anything that can evolve in a manner that we know of. Saying “she’ll awaken her power though!” And not saying what it would even do is essentially worthless.

Fourth, she is not predicting Fa Jin. The aura is visible, so she doesn’t need to take a long time to realize what it is, but she can’t stop him from using it at all. A twitch of his foot is enough to activate the amp and she’s still contending with his Danger Sense before anything. So she’d try to stop Fa Jin just for Deku to dodge and use it to kick her in the head with a speed amp, then kick her again because he can store multiple charges of it.

Five, yes, Danger Sense isn’t only intent based. It’s based on “danger” as well as “malice”. It didn’t work on Toga because she had no intent at all beyond her love for him, and it didn’t work on 1A because none of them were trying to hurt him in the first place. Ihwa is actively trying to kill him, out of nothing but wanting to kill him. She wouldn’t even know to hide her intent from him because she doesn’t know he even has Danger Sense.

Also, that scan you posted isn’t even “hiding intent” like Danger Sense picks it up, nor does that seem combat applicable unless she does that mid-fight to get the drop on people.

Also, to continue on Toga, she is actually capable of hiding her presence from others as well. She does it mid-combat though, and is remarked to be a huge problem because she can do that. However, Deku remarks that she doesn’t come up on Danger Sense, and it’s not because she can hide her presence, but because she loves him and doesn’t see hurting him as malice or danger. The second she stops loving him as much, Danger Sense picks up on her despite her hiding her presence.

Lastly: literally all of this is ignoring that Deku is moving the entire battle. Like, are we forgetting Deku isn’t dumb? He will be Air Force sniping, stacking Fa Jin and dodging her attacks the entire fight. He will analyze all of her Gifts and counter all of them because they’re ridiculously simple in their own, and he’s a literal genius when it comes to analyzing others powers. Until she pulls out Killer Time to force him to fight, he just Air Force spams while dodging her attacks and grabbing her up with Blackwhip to kick her several times with Fa Jin in the head.

Nothing she has is an actual threat to Deku here. None of her attacks or Gifts can really put him down given his immense stamina, higher durability, predictive abilities + precog and Blackwhip LS.

Also, fun fact about Final Act Deku:

He has 7-A+ Shields on his arms and legs. Which he uses to block attacks. So again, Ihwa managing to land hits on him that he can’t take is doubtful.

And no, they’re not metal, so she can’t corrode them. She can do that to his shoes though.

Also, fun fact about Final Act Deku:

He has 7-A+ Shields on his arms and legs. Which he uses to block attacks. So again, Ihwa managing to land hits on him that he can’t take is doubtful.

And no, they’re not metal, so she can’t corrode them. She can do that to his shoes though.
Deku: Oh no, my shoes, how will I ever win this battle

I don't even know why I have this thread watched it seems goofy as hell but uh.. what's the arguments for each character?

I don't even know why I have this thread watched it seems goofy as hell but uh.. what's the arguments for each character?
Idk current Ihwa arguments as it’s mainly been talking about Deku not being able to do certain things to her, all of which were wrong.

Deku’s arguments are that he has way better predictive skills than she does, on top of stat amps with Fa Hin. He already has higher LS, AP and Durability, so if he amps further he’s ******* her up and he can do it multiple times. He’s smarter, so he can figure out all of her gifts and counter them, and his danger sense doesn’t work like assumed so it would sense her anyway, as her “intent hiding” is not the same as what Danger Sense picks up and doesn’t seem combat applicable.

I don't think you should be coming to conclusions about which arguments are "wrong" until I respond to your post, since several of your own arguments are incorrect and either greatly exaggerated to give Deku more credit than he has.
Your Danger Sense claim is completely incorrect, on top of your scan for Ihwa “erasing her intent” not even being applicable for Danger Sense or being what you’re claiming it is. She absolutely still has intent, the guy just couldn’t tell cause she schooled herself in a non combat scenario. Which is completely unrelated to how Toga or 1-A got around it.

And I didn’t exaggerate a single thing with his analysis against Gentle, or his higher stats, or with her being unable to stop Fa Jin from being charged since it’s literally a passive, permanently active thing that he does from moving.

Back