• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deku fate hax or resistance to it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nighteye power is to see the future of someone
main-qimg-2db92c3582ec98d72a6d93df7fbc3853.jpg

Deku was fated to die
tumblr_inline_p0qhqiQu3B1rqppcu_500.png

13.jpg

Deku could change his own future, the source of it its in chapter 159

No, there was not, nothing actually can change the future, unless u have a way to change the future, which is literally how fate hax (or resistance to the fate) works
This isn't really true, it varies from verse to verse since they treat fate and stuff differently.

Take Ichigo as an example, Yhwach explicitly said Ichigo had changed his future several times but he then elaborates that all Ichigo was really doing was hopping from one possible future to another, since apparently in Bleach, literally every single possibility is a separate future.

But we don't give Ichigo fate manipulation or resistance to it for this reason, it could be a similar case for MHA, albeit, I'm not familiar enough with MHA to know how it works in this regard.

Lastly, isn't it strongly suggested that Eri's Quirk basically allowed this to happen and it has absolutely nothing to do with Deku himself?

Time to give almost every single shonen protag fate hax or resistence to it
Here are some examples
Naruto well he broke the cycle of Ashura and Indras reincarnation which actually brings up fate a lot in it
Ichigo well he changed the future

I’m cackling at this.

He changed that future because Nighteye’s quirk isn’t perfect. The future can be changed if enough influence and effort from multiple sources will it to change. Deku isn’t immune to fortune telling or something, it was a combined effort that changed that prediction.

Bleach verse itself already shows that there has several futures, so, ichigo case is not fate
Lastly, isn't it strongly suggested that Eri's Quirk basically allowed this to happen and it has absolutely nothing to do with Deku himself?
How does Eri change something that its fated to happen?

If you looked at context and didn’t run with the first idea of fate resistance that came into your head, especially when this particular instance of defying a predicted outcome was literally credited to multiple people, not just Deku, then this thread being so humorous wouldn’t even come up.

If you looked at context and didn’t run with the first idea of fate resistance that came into your head, especially when this particular instance of defying a predicted outcome was literally credited to multiple people
Prove that deku and eri can change something fated if its not fate hax

Hmmm, well if what nighteye predicts is 100% going to happen, then I could see fate hax. Like how epitaph 100% predicts results, but ger changed it anyway.

After all, take dragon ball z for instance. The future was supposed to be one way, but trunks changed it. Cos the futures is not set in stone.

Prove that deku and eri can change something fated if its not fate hax
Except nothing here is fated to begin with, you just keep insisting it is. The first assumption when someone changes the future through nothing more than their actions isn't fate manipulation or any resistance thereof. That takes actual further context to this future being truly set, context that isn't given here at all.

By the arguments of this thread, literally anyone with time travel has fate manip/resistance to it, since they can change fates from the past to prevent them from happening.

Then the people that its arguing against the thread need to prove that the future wasnt set, because the future is the future
Ur entire thing revolves around the assumption that night eyes prediction is 100% fate tho. There doesn’t seem to be much to suggest that to me.

Because he saw the future itself, future is what is going to happen, u cannot change the future itself without fate hax
He saw a prediction of the future. You’re making the assumption his quirk lets him tap into the space time continuum to some degree, which is never implied. Instead, his quirk seems to operate by simply showing him events that are most likely to happen. Which is the entire theme of his character, that he “predicts” what is going to happen, yet can still be wrong. Which is why he died.

Prove that what Nighteye sees is truly fated to happen, and we can discuss fate resistance. So far, even he attributes the alteration of his vision as simply enough people trying hard enough to change it. Something no one else in his visions did.

Except nothing here is fated to begin with, you just keep insisting it is.
it is, the future is the future, how is it not set?
The first assumption when someone changes the future through nothing more than their actions
even if u change ur actions, u wont change the future because it is the future itself, so, he need to directly affect the future
He saw a prediction of the future. You’re making the assumption his quirk lets him tap into the space time continuum to some degree, which is never implied.
Yeah, exactly, a prediction of the future, to change it, u need to find a way to change the future, and changing ur actions wont change the future, because the future is the future doesnt matter the paths that u take
That takes actual further context to this future being truly set, context that isn't given here at all.

The context is, I sent the scans and proofs
Ur entire thing revolves around the assumption that night eyes prediction is 100% fate tho. There doesn’t seem to be much to suggest that to me.
people still need to prove that if u saw the future itself doesnt means that u saw the future itself

Bern, it basically comes down to just because fate manip is a possible interpretations, doesn't mean the feat is fate manipulation. The scans posted at best don't contradict fate manip, they're not "positive" evidence for the claim. You'd need to provide more context about Nighteye's ability to prove to what extent he can predict the future and what predicting the future actually entails here.

There just simply isn't enough evidence for the claim you're making.

Gonna be real here, why the **** are people being such a dick about this?
Ok cool, don't agree with it, I don't either, I think it's wrong and could explain why, but you can disagree without completely undermining OP and treating him and his thread as a joke.
Explain why it's wrong, don't just instantly jump to being a dick about it, like come on people.

I mean
If Nighteye has some Epitaph type of prediction I can see this being a thing actually
But IDK that much about MHA so I can't say if it is or not

people still need to prove that if u saw the future itself doesnt means that u saw the future itself
I’m not saying nighteye can’t see the future. it just seems more likely right now to me that there are multiple futures based on actions of different people.

There just simply isn't enough evidence for the claim you're making.
i can understand that people maybe think that its not enough evidence, but i dont see how a character can change the event of something that was decided by the future itself without it being fate hax or resistance
It's probably a hyperbolic statement tbh.
Nah, no, lol, u could argue everything against it, but ''hyperbolic'' indeed is not the case

This just seems like a metaphor to me.

If it ever comes up again in the future, then it'll be taken into serious cosnideration.

i can understand that people maybe think that its not enough evidence, but i dont see how a character can change the event of something that was decided by the future itself without it being fate hax or resistance
It’s always possible that the future isn’t nesscarily set in stone in mha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back