• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MrKerf

He/Him
Last edited:
I think Tobi should take this.

Deidara has prep and prior knowledge but his only win method would be setting up enough explosions that are powerful enough and will detonate for 5 minutes continuesly (like what Konan did) but if Obito teleported to his dimension before the explosion start or just use izanagi like eith Konan. Sure Deidara has the ability to break Genjutsu but it's not instant which might give Tobi a moment to counter attack. Nano bombs get countered by Sharingan like with Sasuke (he'll see them), and Kamui counters bombs, and while Deidara is flying, it's not like Tobi can't teleport into the air to my knowledge.

Tobi probably wins,

Even if Deidara has prep you could argue Tobi knows enough about him from working with him for a bit to be able to know not to fully materialize with C3 or C4 out.

Not to mention he has a get-out-of-jail-free card with an Izanagi and can easily teleport up to Deidara's C2 Dragon if Deidara tries to outrange him.

I don't even know if Deidara has enough Genjutsu resistance since Tobi Obito could brainwash the Third Mizukage(a perfect Jinchuuriki) for literal years.

And that's not even the main problem, the main problem is none of Deidara's explosions will be fast enough to detonate before Obito can just slip through them.

Votes counted. A shame though.
Even if Deidara has prep you could argue Tobi knows enough about him from working with him for a bit to be able to know not to fully materialize with C3 or C4 out.
That particular thing doesn't work. Tobi has no knowledge of Deidara by SBA.

Votes counted. A shame though.

That particular thing doesn't work. Tobi has no knowledge of Deidara by SBA.
That's absolutely stupid, he should be going in with the canonical knowledge he possesses. It's mot like SBA strips people's memories from them when we do in-verse matches, that's never been a thing.

That's absolutely stupid, he should be going in with the canonical knowledge he possesses. It's mot like SBA strips people's memories from them when we do in-verse matches, that's never been a thing.
I mean, I don't know what to tell you, mate. The SBA clearly states that aside from visual image they know nothing about their opponent, unless stated otherwise. No exceptions.
I gave Deidara prior knowledge to give same advantage Konan had (+Izanami knowledge, and honestly Kamui is op anyway), and it's not like Obito needs prior knowledge.

tbf even if we did take this hypothetical memory-wiped Obito like Kerf said Obito still wins there's not really any way he can prep around Kamui and Izanagi if a sea of paper bombs firing explosions for 10 minutes straight couldn't do anything.

tbf even if we did take this hypothetical memory-wiped Obito like Kerf said Obito still wins there's not really any way he can prep around Kamui and Izanagi if a sea of paper bombs firing explosions for 10 minutes straight couldn't do anything.
You think that’s a Stomp?

You think that’s a Stomp?
idk if I would go as far as say stomp. it would definitely be a valid fight and Tobi would die if he got hit with C0. But he just has counters for everything Deidara could try. It doesn't help that Kamui and Izanagi are actually just two of the most busted things in Naruto.

Back