• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deidara vs Itachi

uhhhhh c3 should win this, idk if the yata mirrior can block that giant explosion since its omnidirectional

without Genjutsu? I'm pretty sure Itachi still wins. Even without it, the Sharingan's kit is way above Deidara's pay grade. Susanoo shrugs off pretty much anything, Precog and Chakra vision see through Deidara's tricks, Amaterasu ***** up his aerial options, and don't even get me started on the difference in skill.

That's assuming Deidara lasts long enough to use it. Going off Sasuke's fight with him (IE his only fight where he was alive), C4 is one of his last resort techniques. And Itachi can easily whip him without it. Don't forget that Deidara's durability is only town level. Itachi oneshots.

And Itachi also knows everything about Deidara. We already know he has done research on everyone of the Akatsuki members.

Are you forgetting that Sasuke was able to avoid C4 because he could see it with his Sharingan? Itachi can do the same, and easier given that he's superior to how Sasuke was at the time.

Itachi oneshots with any of his techniques, and there's a reason he was considered one of the greatest shinobi of his time, genjutsu or not.

Dzhindzholia said:
@Zephyros
The problem is that Sasuke didn't avoid C4.

He Chidoried himself and destroyed the bombs inside his body,which Itachi can't do.
Um wut?

No, Sasuke just straight-up got away because he could see the bombs. Sasuke only chidori'd himself because of Deidara's clay clone surrounding him. And considering Itachi doesn't use flight + melee like Sasuke did, That won't even be a factor here.

No, Sasuke just straight-up got away because he could see the bombs. Sasuke only chidori'd himself because of Deidara's clay clone surrounding him.

I forgot already that fighit,you are right probably.

also the version of Sasuke that fought deidara was much, much weaker than Itachi

that same Sasuke later fought an almost dead, blind Itachi and it was still stated Itachi would have easily killed him if he wanted. if i remember correctly they even said that the only reason Itachi was even alive was because he took life extending meds before the fight.

so the fact that fight was so close makes it hard to believe Itachi would have any issues with Deidara....i think Itachi just flat out outclasses deidara in everything.

Itachi >>> Dying Itachi > Sasuke from back then >= Deidara

Wasn't Itachi always "dying"? He had incurable disease since he was a kid, and before it he should be nowhere near his "dying" state

he was specifically almost dead right before starting the fight with Sasuke, thats the point i was making.

tobi said something about him taking life extending drugs to stay alive long enough to last for the fight, and Zetsu also made some remarks about Itachi getting hit by things he would've easily dodged normally, which prompted him to speculate that Itachi might have been gravely wounded before the fight

so yea he was always sick, but for that fight particularly he was straight up a dead man walking. so he was a lot weaker than he would normally be.(even with the disease).

Umm....Sasuke didn't escape C4 lol. He literally stated he used lightning release.

Deidara is the worst match for Itachi. Itachi doesn't have any knowledge on the jutsu that Deidara kept hidden.

Itachi can't use genjutsu off the bet, doesn't know about the hidden jutsu, doesn't have the mobility advantage nor does he even have the range.

Deidara knows how dangerous Itachi is. Deidara is going to keep his distance and then spam mini bombs while preparing C4 in the distance while Itachi is distracted.

Especially Itachi has no way of tanking his bombs like C0, C4, C3 without using Izanagi. And Izanagi will make him blind.

AstralKing7 said:
Umm....Sasuke didn't escape C4 lol. He literally stated he used lightning release.
Deidara is the worst match for Itachi. Itachi doesn't have any knowledge on the jutsu that Deidara kept hidden.

Itachi can't use genjutsu off the bet, doesn't know about the hidden jutsu, doesn't have the mobility advantage nor does he even have the range.

Deidara knows how dangerous Itachi is. Deidara is going to keep his distance and then spam mini bombs while preparing C4 in the distance while Itachi is distracted.
Did you even watch the fight? Sasuke escaped the C4 bomb. He lightninged himself to avoid the CLAY CLONE. Something that requires getting in close range, which Itachi (Lacking flight or a go-to close range move like Sasuke has) is not going to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwiIxa0X18Q&t=1374s at 22:00.

Sasuke didn't have knowledge on Deidara, and he still won.

Itachi doesn't need Genjutsu when he can just LOOK at Deidara and oenshot him with Amaterasu. Deidara keeping his distance doesn't matter when Itachi has sight-based fire release.

SpookyShadow said:
Especially Itachi has no way of tanking his bombs like C0, C4, C3 without using Izanagi. And Izanagi will make him blind.
Itachi doesn't have Izanagi.

And Izanagi's a Genjutsu so he wouldn't use it either.

You're all seemingly forgetting that not only does Itachi have Susanoo, which should be MORE than enough, DEIDARA'S DURABILITY IS ******' TOWN LEVEL. Everything Itachi does oneshots him.

Everyone here also seems to be forgetting that Itachi has exactly the same Sharingan that Sasuke does, all with the same precog, chakravision and all. He can see everything Deidara does.

a THIRD thing people are overlooking is that you're REALLY overestimating "itachi has no info". Deidara doesn't know about Amaterasu, Susanoo, Any of the tools that **** him up.

Every Sharingan user is capable of using Izanagi, even Danzo with fodder sharingans was capable of doing that. But genjutsu is restricted so it doesn't matter.

Itachi has Susano'o, but it lasts only for few minutes. Deidara can fly and is faster while flying than Itachi (speed is not equalized so it's Relativistic vs Relativistic+ flight speed). C0 and IIRC c4 is OMNIDIRECTIONAL, Yata Mirror has only one side do Susano'o wouldn't help him that much. He wouldn't enter Totsuka Blade range while flying.

If Itachi uses Amaterasu on him he can change burning part of his body with clay. I don't know if he could even catch Deidara with Amaterasu. It's not that fast. You need some time to charge it. Of course Deidara doesn't know about Itachi's arsenal but it's vice versa. It could go either way.

SpookyShadow said:
If Itachi uses Amaterasu on him he can change burning part of his body with clay. I don't know if he could even catch Deidara with Amaterasu. It's not that fast. You need some time to charge it. Of course Deidara doesn't know about Itachi's arsenal but it's vice versa. It could go either way.
Errr no he cant turn his body to clay. And he never has. Amaterasu is instant, to evade it you need to be faster than the enemies' perception, which deidara is not. If deidara does not kno Itachi's arsenal he is absolutely toast, due to amaterasu, crow and explosive clone and of course susanoo.

Itachi's susanoo btw does not need the yata mirror to tank even for a while.

Again, Sasuke didn't know but still whooped Deidara. Like, you've gotta seriously downplay Itachi to say Deidara has any sort of chance here without getting oneshot.

i agree that even if the ban of genjutsu make it so deidara at least have some chances , they're really small .

i vote for itachi as he have clearly demonstrated his skill multiples times and is considered quite high tier in the verse .

itachi FRA

SpookyShadow said:
I mean, Low 6-B attack is definitely a winco
A Low 6-B suicide attack that takes a significant amount of time to charge and leaves Deidara open, that he only used because he was so pissed he couldn't beat Sasuke.

if a tired ass sasuke , without enough chakra to maintain his sharingan could escape the 6-B explosion , i'm sure a more skilled itachi who wouldn't struggle that much against deidara in the first place would have no problem avoiding it too .

Back