• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deidara vs Itachi

sasuke had flight and chidori to hard counter, whats stopping deidara from getting on that c2 dragon and literally spamming heat seeking clay birds to hit itachi, as well as c3 which would REQUIRE the yata mirrior to block draining itachis stamina

Kidkinsey said:
sasuke had flight and chidori to hard counter, whats stopping deidara from getting on that c2 dragon and literally spamming heat seeking clay birds to hit itachi, as well as c3 which would REQUIRE the yata mirrior to block draining itachis stamina
The fact that Itachi has primarily long-range ninjutsu as opposed to Sasuke's close-range and can oneshot without needing the curse seal to do it.

Itachi is also a very good clone user and kunai spammer ranged fighting is not unknown to him when you factor in susanoo magatama.

Amaterasu is sight-based tho

Itachi literally has to look at him

Itachi also has greatly-enhanced visual prowess and precognition, making that a non-issue

"i doubt amatratsu hits when deidara is that mobile in the air"

>Deidara is flying on one of his bombs

>Deidara's bombs can't hit base Sasuke

>CS Sasuke was barely dodging Ama

>Itachi wasn't even trying to kill him

Hmm .... I dunno about that one chief

It should be noted that Edo Itachi, who can swap hands with KCM1, was as strong as or weaker than Sick Itachi, who was apparently Hebi Sasuke level when we first saw the fight. Anyone else seeing just how much he was holding back? Itachi bodies so hard its not even funny.

Kidkinsey said:
i doubt amatratsu hits when deidara is that mobile in the air, what other effective long range moves he got
dude it is as fast as the user's perception, it would definitely hit him.

This ain't a necro yet so imma sneak in here lol.

In character I think Deidara wins because Deidara would be bloodlusted in character. C2 Dragon -> C3 and C4 which Itachi has no real answers to. According to the databooks, Itachi doesn't know lightning style jutsu. And for a Sharingan user to use techniques of a nature element, they have to know how to use that nature element first. So Itachi has 0 lighting jutsu to counter the C4. C3 would definitely force Itachi to use Susanoo, which would severely weaken and or blind him. Deidara travel speed with flight is faster than Itachi's combat speed according to the profiles, so avoiding Amaterasu is actually a possibility. Ama also burns slowly, so Deidara can take off his cloak depending on where it hits. Along with the fact that subsitution is a thing which Deidara actually does use in character with clay clones. So if Deidara plays the ranged game, he has either pinpoint targeted bombs which Itachi could avoid, C1. AOE carpet bombs which would be harder to avoid and can damage Itachi if he doesn't have susanoo up,C2. C3 which would AOE blast Itachi and would absolutely force him to use Susanoo to defend. And then C4 which Itachi has no defense against besides running away or a wind style jutsu, though Deidara has faster flight speed than Itachi's speed in general according to their profiles right now due to keeping up with Onoki. That same movement speed also keeps Itachi from tagging him accurately with regular fire style and his Susanoo Magatama. Amaterasu has a chance of tagging Deidara though as I said before it 1.) Has to hit a faster moving opponent that can move in any direction he chooses, 2.) Burns slowly if it does hit and 3.) Can be substituted out of like how Sasuke did against Itachi. Which isn't a stretch since Deidara and Sasuke were comparable in combat speed. 4.) Each use of Ama weakens and blinds Itachi more, along with the use of Susanoo. 5.) Worst case scenario, if Deidara is hit by Ama and is gonna die, its in character for him to C0 suicide bomb just out of spite, and Susanoo can't stand up to that.

ZephyrosOmega said:
Jo-Smooth said:
itachi literally oneshots by looking at him because he has 7-A AP while Deidara's Durability is only 7-C.
Literally everything in this text wall is negged by that.
Amaterasu is a slow burn. That's a canon thing in story. A literal fodder samurai was able to survive a prolonged burning while in metal armor due to this fact. And Itachi has to tag him with Ama first. And then Deidara can substitue with clay if he's somehow tagged. If it doesn't hit Deidara's head or torso he can either take off his cloak or if push comes to shove sever a limb. And if it does hit somewhere vital and Deidara can't get away from the flames he'll more than likely suicide bomb

The level of Itachi downplay here is absurd.

It's still the power of the ******* sun, and Deidara isn't going to just ignore that shit.

You really think a clone jutsu will actually trick Itachi?

Deidara's suicide bomb takes such a laughably long time to charge that Itachi can literally just cut him in half long before it goes off

Substitution doesn't get rid of Ama or any attack actually, if the person is tagged by it. Slow to burn =/= slow to spread. Ama brushed against the tip of Sasuke's wing and his entire back was covered by it in the next panel. When it missed Sasuke, it coused enormous forest fires in seconds. When it hit the samurai, he was covered in fire immediately. When it hit the Juubi, the kaiju was shedding limbs and large portions of its body just to get rid of the flames. Hits Nagato's summons, kaiju's are covered by it instantly. Used against Kabuto, it rapidly lights up large sections of the cave. Sasuke uses it against Gyuki, his entire body gets lit up. The only thing slow to burn means is that Deidara suffers even more than he otherwise would if it was normal flames.

Yeah, but Amaterasu isn't his first move

He wins, however, even C0, with that time to charge, would be lol'd by Totsuka stabbing Deidara

Assuming Deidara will be in range for Totsuka to cut him. Deidara will be in the sky while Itachi would be on the ground. C0 doesn't take as long to charge as people think. Go back to the fight. Most of the supposed "charge time" was Deidara gloating to Sasuke about how he was going to become one with art. The things range is 10km so it's not like he has to detonate in Itachi's face to get tagged.

And yes, while Itachi has to look at Deidara, saying he gets tagged is assuming he's in the same spot he was in when Itachi glanced at him. He'd get 100% tagged if they were the same speed or comparable but Deidara's flight speed is *faster* than Itachi's everything speed. The sharingan's enhanced perception is what gives Itachi the chance of even tagging him as it would be impossible otherwise. Also a slow enough burn/spread to Amaterasu is canon countermeasure whenever it was used on people. Sasuke was hit but had enough time to use substitution. Karin was hit but Sasuke had enough time to save her becasue of the slow burn/spread. The samurai was hit and had more than enough time to get saved by Kankuro and Temari. The Raikage was literally just chilling and casually cut his arm off without rushing in the slightest. Obito had enough time to Kamui it off after being burned and not immediately, Nagato repelled it of after being burned for a bit. I don't remember if there's more examples against people. But like I said if Deidara doesn't take off the article of clothing or limb in time, it's definitely in character for him to suicide bomb and the range is massive.

Itachi is Rela my man, it won't take him long ot cross ten KM. You have to SERIOUSLY overestimate Deidara and underestimate Itachi to evne think dei has a chance. And for the record, Deidara doesn't even start on flight, he starts with close-ranged bombs. He was using aerial tactics against the sand village to lure out gaara.

if deidara drops a c3 bomb what is itachi going to do about that? i think the flight and onslaught on bombs is what seals the win, having to deal with the spiders and dolls on the ground while he snipes c2 dragons in the air will be difficult

ZephyrosOmega said:
my god, it's like i'm talking ot a brick wall
You never gave an argument how Itachi would win this fight besides Amaterasu and long range ninjutsu. The latter won't hit due to Deidara's flight speed and range, and the former has a low chance of hitting and weakens Itachi with each attempt. You also didn't give an argument on how Itachi deals with the onslaught of C1 keeping Itachi on his toes, C2 carpet bombs, C3 which would force him to use Susanoo, C4 which he has no answers to, and C0 which he also has no answers to, coupled with superior Onoki level flight speed so Itachi simply outrunning him isn't a valid option. Technically that should scale to his reaction speed to since Deidara is able to accurately manuver and react to things when he flies but I won't go there.

Jo-Smooth said:
ZephyrosOmega said:
my god, it's like i'm talking ot a brick wall
You never gave an argument how Itachi would win this fight besides Amaterasu and long range ninjutsu. The latter won't hit due to Deidara's flight speed and range, and the former has a low chance of hitting and weakens Itachi with each attempt. You also didn't give an argument on how Itachi deals with the onslaught of C1 keeping Itachi on his toes, C2 carpet bombs, C3 which would force him to use Susanoo, C4 which he has no answers to, and C0 which he also has no answers to, coupled with superior Onoki level flight speed so Itachi simply outrunning him isn't a valid option. Technically that should scale to his reaction speed to since Deidara is able to accurately manuver and react to things when he flies but I won't go there.
The flight speed that Deidara doesn't start with and the fact that even a dying itachi was able to keep up with the person who kept up with Deidara

The C1 that doesn't matter when literally any one of Itachi's moves which come out faster and do more damage oneshot deidara

C2 carpet bombs that don't matter because Itachi can blow up Deidara's bombs in his face by looking at them with Amaterasu if Deidara even survives long enough

Itachi is fast enough to escape C4 just like Sasuke did

C0 which comes out way too slowly for Deidara to actually get it off

It's not hard.

Back