• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deconstruction Ability Addition for Danny Phantom

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Not sure if this will get accepted but doesn't hurt to try.

Evidence

In season 3, episode 9 "Frightmare", Danny fires to energy beams that blow holes in Nocturn's Sleepwalkers and then the rest of their bodies turn to dust. Going off the Deconstruction page, this fits the description and there is a supporting statement for this ability.

In season 3, episode 6 "Urban Jungle", Danny believes he could stop Undergrowth's quick regeneration abilities and charges up an energy attack then states "He can't regenerate if he's a pile of ashes". That statement supports Danny having the ability to turn people into ash with his energy attacks. Which backs up the showing against the Sleepwalkers.

Argument

An argument that could be made against this is the paragraph in the Deconstruction page.

"Note that natural side effects from powers, such as Energy Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Vibration Manipulation, and other abilities that can produce enough energy output to destroy or dismantle objects, do not mean that characters automatically qualify for this ability, unless the abilities in question specifically and directly focus on deconstruction in itself, rather than as a consequence."

My counter argument to this is that ectoplasm does not naturally do this as a consequence. We've seen Danny blast many people throughout the series and they don't simply turn to ash after the blast. Ghosts can change the effects of their energy. As evident when Danny fired an energy beam at a possessed human and it phased through them and only hit the ghost. Or how Dan shot an energy beam that covered Jazz's body and put her to sleep. Ectoplasmic energy can have it's properties changed which is why ghosts can shot beams of heat/plasma, electricity, fire and such.

It's clear that this is an ability he can apply to his energy attacks and isn't a natural consequence of ectoplasmic energy attacks.

Scaling

This only applies to season 3 Danny so it will be applied to his season 3 tabber since it's the only time he displayed the ability and the statement. The only other person this applies to is Dan Phantom, since he's Danny 10 years later so there should be no reason he shouldn't have it. Dani Phantom doesn't scale because she was made with the data and DNA of season 2 Danny Phantom so she shouldn't have it.

That's about it.

In the first it's more likely that the physiology of those being made them fall apart than Danny with his powers having made their bodies do that.

The rest should just be alluded to the beams being like lasers. Sorry but I disagree.

In the first it's more likely that the physiology of those being made them fall apart than Danny with his powers having made their bodies do that.

The rest should just be alluded to the beams being like lasers. Sorry but I disagree.
Do you scale danny phantom

They have ghost physiology... you're basically saying ghosts crumble into dust when seriously damaged which is blatantly not the case in the series. Ghosts are made of ectoplasm and when the fall apart, they turn into ectoplasmic goo. We even see the Sleepwalkers manipulate their forms like every other ghosts so their physiology has nothing to do with it.

For the laser argument, I guess they could be seen like the lasers in Fallout which turn enemies into ash. Though we don't accept Danny's beams as lasers anymore so I don't know.

Last edited:
Can't this ghosts in particular have that?

Even if they're not real lasers they can still have the heat needed to do that.

Can't this ghosts in particular have that?

Even if they're not real lasers they can still have the heat needed to do that.
Well ghosts can change their forms so in a sense these guys could but it seems odd for them to do that.

True, I guess you can just use that as an argument.

Since this is the only evidence I have and it likely is just a laser effect of the heat I don't mind dropping this. I wasn't sure it would have been accepted in the first place but Eficiente does have a point. Given ghosts can change their physical forms and the properties of their ectoplasmic energy it likely isn't straight up Deconstruction without further evidence which I doubt there is so I'll close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back