• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATHBATTLE! Accuracy Scale [CONTINUED]

Doesn't Green Lantern have casual quintillions feats? Also I'm pretty sure marvel street levelers all universally beat DC ones thanks to blitzing

Vergil vs Sephiroth was correct at the time, DMC4 was the most recent game out and Vergil's last form was Nelo Angelo, which didn't count as him. So, they could only analyze DMC4 prologue and DMC3 Vergil, who is Low 7-B. 4-B Sephiroth massively speed blitzes and power stomps him badly

Even with 3-A/2-C Vergil as of 5, he can only win by getting lucky and hitting Sephiroth once. Plus, it's been shown that if Dante and Vergil are tired, it takes a lot less effort to beat them, so who knows? Maybe Seph could wear Vergil down enough to kill him

@JS That calc doesn't look like it was ever evaluated. Also, looking at the first scan, it only looks like Hal traveled to the edge of "This sector" it said nothing about the edge of the universe.

Considering Sephiroth is thousands of times faster and has better stamina, I find it hard for Vergil to hit Sephiroth. And because Advent Children was used, Sephiroth also has Low-Godly Regenerationn and Resurrection, making it difficult for Vergil to put him down.

I think that whether you use DmC 5 for Vergil or not, he still loses to the One-Winged Angel.

To be fair, Sephiroth's skillset got expanded in the last few months. His Low-Godly regen and Resurrection were added rather recently.

I'm pretty sure that rule is just there because some of the characters have gotten new information, and not determined by how VS Battles depicted them at the time.

After rewatching the battle, I'm pretty sure that Iron Man Vs Lex luthor doesn't fullfil DB's current standards anymore.

I mean, going by basic ABC logic:

• Superman (Strength+Speed) => Wonder Woman >>> Thor >= Iron Man.
  • Superman = Doomsday >>> Hulk >= Iron Man.
  • Superman = Shazam >>> Marvel >= Iron Man.
  • Superman > Green Lanterns <= Aquaman >>> Namor = Hulk/Thor.
Lex scales to Superman, kryptonite or not, the Warsuit is Apokolitian/Brainiac tech that has shown to content against Super level/near level characters.

The research also just feels incomplete for 2 things: 1)The fact they used more material of outsite media than in the comics (Specialy for Iron Man), and 2) They didn't far more detail in their calculations (IM scales to Hulk who can lift X tons, Lex scales to Super who just wanna destroyed a planet).

Talking about feats, their own research shows that Lex' power and speed laughts at Tony stats horribly. Scaling to someone that blows a planet and move faster than light puts in shame at Tony's wannebe supersonic speed and nuclear explotion-endurence, even if we discount all the previous ABC logic above.

The power gap is just too large for Iron Man winning by being "more experienced and Lex having an specific (redundant) weakness.

Memes@ I though you were, and if we go by wiki standards, then their battle analysis is even worse.

Like, KaijuD made a far better research of Iron Man in a video about Ultron mainly.

Zephy@ I'm have done more atempts of upgrade for Iron Man than any other user currently, lmao.

Unoriginal Memes said:
I'm pretty sure that rule is just there because some of the characters have gotten new information, and not determined by how VS Battles depicted them at the time.
I see, my bad, mixed things up.

@Zamasu It looks like it'll be Thanos vs Darkseid, but we'll get there once we deal with the rest of the list.

@Drite Yep, Jack vs Afro is in Right, Good

So if no one has any objections to the Wrong, Bad rankings, we can move on to Wrong, Decent. Here's Wrong, Bad again one more time:

103. Batman Beyond vs Spider-Man 2099

104. Tigerzord vs Epyon

105. Goku vs Superman 2

106. Carnage vs Lucy

107. Rogue vs Wonder Woman

108. Gaara vs Toph

109. Pikachu vs Blanka

110. Guts vs Nightmare

111. Yang vs Tifa

112. Bomberman vs Dig Dug

Sorvoe551 said:
Vergil vs Sephiroth was correct at the time, DMC4 was the most recent game out and Vergil's last form was Nelo Angelo, which didn't count as him. So, they could only analyze DMC4 prologue and DMC3 Vergil, who is Low 7-B. 4-B Sephiroth massively speed blitzes and power stomps him badly

Even with 3-A/2-C Vergil as of 5, he can only win by getting lucky and hitting Sephiroth once. Plus, it's been shown that if Dante and Vergil are tired, it takes a lot less effort to beat them, so who knows? Maybe Seph could wear Vergil down enough to kill him
Lmao, they get tired by fighting someone actually comparable and even with that, it was DMC3 Dante and Vergil who got stomped by Arkham that time, DMC5 versions for both is different, they still get a little tired but only against comparable opponents, in long fights. Dante was still capable of fighting Vergil back even when he was very tired from fighting Urizen two times without rest. A 4-B character can't tire DMC5 Vergil, but yes, he can win with dura negating hax and speed advantage

What is his speed, btw ?

Seph's speed is like 1500c on this wiki, arguably should be way higher tho because that was his crisis core state and the calc was super lowballed

Only attack speed ? With what ability ? If it doesn't negate durability, Vergil just tanks it

However, he can't put down Low-Godly

It comes from the comet in Supernova. However, said comet was fired by telekinesis. This should theoretically scale to most of AC Sephiroth's attacks, as his speed has greatly increased from then.

Dante Demon Killah said:
Only attack speed ? With what ability ? If it doesn't negate durability, Vergil just tanks it
However, he can't put down Low-Godly
Aren't there Devil Arms that can affect souls, though? Or only Dante has them? >_> I can't remember.

Well, to be fair Sephy does have some Durability Negating moves, such as Draw Slash, Graviga and Heartless Angel.

@Unoriginal Memes: Yeah, I remember that calc. However, however it was considered too uncertain, given the Comet itself doesn't really interact with anybody in the cast or something along those lines.

DMC5 Vergil against Sephiroth is up to debate, but DMC3 Vergil gets absolutely destroyed by Sephiroth, which DB showed. However, there calculations were awful, hence why it's Right, Bad

Sorvoe551 said:
DMC5 Vergil against Sephiroth is up to debate, but DMC3 Vergil gets absolutely destroyed by Sephiroth, which DB showed. However, there calculations were awful, hence why it's Right, Bad
bish wym seph vs vergil is the best db

The whole "Sephiroth's supernova is actually him casting a giant illusion while he teleports the opponent to a random place where the sun is going to explode" is a reason to call the episode's research "Bad" all on its own.

I don't use the term "headcanon" very often, but that's exactly what that was. And it wasn't even good headcanon, at that.

It's well animated, but they in no way showed the upper limits of their abilities. They also said Vergil is faster, which is completely false

MrKingOfNegativity said:
The whole "Sephiroth's supernova is actually him casting a giant illusion while he teleports the opponent to a random place where the sun is going to explode" is a reason to call the episode's research "Bad" all on its own.
I don't use the term "headcanon" very often, but that's exactly what that was. And it wasn't even good headcanon, at that.
I actually think that if he had that sort of clarvoyance, teleportation and reality warping it would be considerably more broken than what he currently has. >_>;

@Sorvoe: My bad, you're right. Let's stick to the topic.

Sephy's supernova was weird. From what I gathered from the research team it was some sort of compromise between Sephy's illusions and supernova being real.

Tho it's bad in the sense that the canon explanation is Sephy summons the party in another dimension and the move plays out as we see it.

Lol, that's a rather extreme case of the author going "I want to create the most overpowered character in fiction so I'll slap any ability I can think of"

Back