• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Here's Super's lyrics

Can you feel the heat,
before the battle's done?
We've traded fists before
There can only be one!

FIGHT! (x16)

You're saying "It's okay"
Doesn't matter who wins anyway!
Test ourselves upon the battle
Man of steel, but not that fragile!
Who will walk away?
Who will live another day?

I live for the fight, my spirit ignites!
'Cause this challenge makes me feel so alive!
I'm ready to clash, never stray from this bout!
I'm giving my all with every attack!

I can feel it in my bones!
Fighting blow for blow!
If there's something we should know,
it's that we're the strongest known!

We're the strongest known!

FIGHT! (x16)

As long as you give it your all…

Blood born in outer space!
Prime examples of an alien race!
No one is out there to keep us down!
Everything's apart from fists to fists,
so show me all what you GOT~!!!

This path is immense!
Break everything except our spirits!
So let me hear it!
From the might of our fight!

I live for the fight, my spirit ignites!
'Cause this challenge makes me feel so alive!
I'm ready to clash, never stray from this path!
I'm giving my all with every attack!

In this moment, there is no space or time...
In this moment, there is only you and I...
In this moment, we are free...
Watch me come a-LIVE!!!

I can feel it in my bones!
Fighting blow for blow!
if there's something we should know,
it's that we're the strongest known!

We're the strongest known!
Bump

And I am preparing for my coming exam so I have to sleep early and likely only come back with an in-depth look on how this episode goes and what lies as the swapped season 10 finale.
Seriously, Bowser vs Eggman will be fire yet fitting.
But I will not be surprised if it is anything underwhelming.

Rewatched both Goku VS Superman episodes in preparation for this, first one has aged considerably but is still peak due to the sheer love and effort put into it, but the second one…was worse than I remembered gyattdam. Horrendous, if any episode tarnished Death Battle’s reputation prematurely besides Hal10, it’s this one.
Crazy how (in my opinion) Goku vs Supes 1 is only matched by Sam vs Snake and ******* Saitama vs Popeye

Rewatched both Goku VS Superman episodes in preparation for this, first one has aged considerably but is still peak due to the sheer love and effort put into it, but the second one…was worse than I remembered gyattdam. Horrendous, if any episode tarnished Death Battle’s reputation prematurely besides Hal10, it’s this one.
That's what I'm saying 🤣
Goku vs Superman 1 was like that movie while aged in many aspects still holds up to this day

While Goku vs Superman 2 was that Dogshit sequel that shat on everything

IMG_2011.jpg
What in the Kabbalah is this? High 1-A Kryptonians?

So out of boredom figured I'd do some breakdown on the art, references in "Super" track art
-The Golden Ki Dragon, reference to the iconic Dragon Fist (Dragon Ball)
-Superman's iconic red cape on the Ki Dragon used to mimic it's mane (DC)
-The Sun (Dragon ball & DC)
  1. .Is both symbolic and a iconic piece used in the original Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Super opening, also the sun is iconic in some DBZ movies​
  2. .The sun is a central piece to Superman's character as his kryptonian powers are derived from the sun​
-The spikey hair on the Dragon, likely a reference to a saiyan's hair (Dragon Ball)
-The Blue Eye's white Dragon, likely a analogy to Superman's colour scheme, also a reference to Clark's eye colour being blue (DC)

Last edited:
Alright.

Just got back from binge watching Goku vs Superman 1 and Goku vs Superman 2 after rewatching them in full in preperation for the upcoming Goku vs Superman 3.

The original classic is such a classic, felt like a genuine movie and with how in depth they were going into it and that combining with iconic soundtracks from both of their respective franchises such as Smallville, Man of Steel, Dragon Ball, Z, GT, as well as incorperating clips from both of them like "Goku's iconic I am the hope of the universe" and "Superman's living in a world made of cardboard" but I deeply appreciated the 1st and think it's aged decently over the past decade

The irrelevent sequel...yeah I won't even try to sugarcoat it that objectively it's pretty bad, no discredit to Brandon Yates for "Alive" which is such a banger track and Torrians amazing animation, you can definitely tell it was essentially some parts of the script they originally had for Goku vs Superman 1 cut out and just further bashed in Dragon Ball fans when they were already down and mischaracterizating Superman entirely "he is not meant to be relatable" this served just a means of hammering in there already existing points they made in the 1st but worse.

I don't expect Goku vs Superman 3 to leave as much of an iconic legacy as the 1st one, Death Battle's format and standard structure has changed a lot since the past 10 years, but I'm still looking really forward to it nonetheless, I hope Ben Singer's got something cooking with this since he's the one writing it and his RT blog for this matchup has given me some faith.

It's a shame that a Goku Runback feels sorta devalued after this 😔
Honestly dragon Bros we're looking scraps after this
Cell eats an L to Garou in a close one or get rekt by C-lister Capeshitter
Gohan mogs Mark into paste or Gets a W over UZ
Piccolo eats one way or the other with Magus or Knuckles

It's a shame that a Goku Runback feels sorta devalued after this 😔
Honestly dragon Bros we're looking scraps after this
Cell eats an L to Garou in a close one or get rekt by C-lister Capeshitter
Gohan mogs Mark into paste or Gets a W over UZ
Piccolo eats one way or the other with Magus or Knuckles
I mean there's still Omni-Man vs Bardock. I think there's a good chance they'll use SSJ Bardock.

If DB revamped Kirby vs Buu would Buu win with modern research?
Where did they scale Kirby? I can't remember the last time DB scaled buu saga characters in AP. But going by Megatron vs Frieza, they're at least Quadrillions x FTL in speed. But I'm guessing probably pretty high into 3-A for Buu.

But considering how insanely haxxed kirby is, I don't think Buu can pull through with this.

Back