• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle General Discussion 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You fail to prove anything that makes them official, until i hear an announcement for screwattack them selfs, all your points are null

Also, working with someone from time to time (as stated in the blog indirectly) does not make you part of the team officially

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
But it's getting real tiring see you guys act all butthurt and salty of a group opinions that you dont like.....
I'm not salty or butt-hurt I was responding to your claim that the research team decides the outcome of DB.

The great ZZ said:
Did you not see Ben saying it (high-lighted) in the blog at very end.
I don't follow things like that so no, and its says "volunteer" meaning before they weren't even official......, and the team they have does all the research

The great ZZ said:
Did you not see Ben saying it (high-lighted) in the blog at very end.
I don't follow things like that so no, and its says "volunteer" meaning before they weren't even official......, and the team they have does all the research
Okay they were volunteers but they still were in the credits of a majority of DB videos.

Antoniofer said:
Yeah, she fought a T-Rex, but was the typical range-fight, still being more than Drake has done (welp, actually that I remember); she is also able to thrust a block of at least 20 tonnes.
Nathan is just as capable at fighting a T-Rex as she is.

Does anyone else here feel like they're going to make Lara a composite character (why the hell do they keep doing this?), since they're using her old look but she's also carrying a bow, which she never used in any of the Tomb Raider games other than the 2013 reboot and its sequel.

Meleemaster428 said:
WeeklyBattles said:
I'll try to find the research but i know for a fact every one of them said that Bayonetta would wi
That was the g1 part before Screwattack promoted them to higher contribution. Either way, it wouldn't be solely Ben or Chad who determined the winner at SA since they have other writers and researchers.
You mean silenced them?

Most likely they're going to use composite, at the end, people want to known who is stronger, using the version that is stronger or weaker wouldn't fulfill that question; as long the version possesses the same origin and capacities (at certain margin), they'll make it one character, a guy in facebook explained that.

Der Purple Ist Dank said:
SOMEONE QUICK FIND FEATS FOR LARA, or just make a profile with info from a respect thread? Either way a profile would be nice.
Original Lara Feats: She dodged some type of lightning from a boss and fought/outran a T-Rex, a Dragon, an Egyptian god of evil, a Ghost, a Shape-Shifter, a former friend which merged with the Force Monster, the former ruler of Atlantis and an Oni Demon.

I get most of you guys don't like DB, i get that. But it's getting real tiring see you guys act all butthurt and salty of a group opinions that you dont like.....
I don't think it is just the fact that it's an opinion. It is mostly that they claim that they are "Settling the score" It isn't always just butthurt dude. Other things like accuracy contribute to somthing when you claim to be settling a fight.....We by now know DB is NOT the most accurate fight. We name fights that prove it. Ex Gaara vs Toph, Bowser vs Ganon(This coming from a non Mario fan), Yang vs Tifa,etc.

Butthurt would be me saying "Ragna shoulda beat Sol because blahblahblah and they wanked Sol for this fight...."(Voted by Sol btw.) Or :I hate Death Battle because Erza lost to Zoro."(Loves Erza waaaay more than Zoro btw. Hates One Piece) Or "Death Battle is stupid. They had Mewtwo beat Shadow....smh."(Voted for Mewtwo btw.) That is butthurt.

If one has reasonable argument to why a Death Battle is wrong or stating a battle that is obviously wrong...wrong, then it isn't being butthurt. Just because I dislike some Death Battles doesn't make one Butthurt or Salty. It is just because I feel it wasn't accurate.

I don't think it is just the fact that it's an opinion. It is mostly that they claim that they are "Settling the score" It isn't always just butthurt dude. Other things like accuracy contribute to somthing when you claim to be settling a fight.....We by now know DB is NOT the most accurate fight. We name fights that prove it. Ex Gaara vs Toph, Bowser vs Ganon(This coming from a non Mario fan), Yang vs Tifa,etc.

Butthurt would be me saying "Ragna shoulda beat Sol because blahblahblah and they wanked Sol for this fight...."(Voted by Sol btw.) Or :I hate Death Battle because Erza lost to Zoro."(Loves Erza waaaay more than Zoro btw. Hates One Piece) Or "Death Battle is stupid. They had Mewtwo beat Shadow....smh."(Voted for Mewtwo btw.) That is butthurt.

If one has reasonable argument to why a Death Battle is wrong or stating a battle that is obviously wrong...wrong, then it isn't being butthurt. Just because I dislike some Death Battles doesn't make one Butthurt or Salty. It is just because I feel it wasn't accurate.

By butthurt and salty, I'm talking about those who go out of there way to slander and post blog after blog on how DB and SC is "shit" or etc, there's a difference between disliking something and being butthurt and salty dude

Yes that is butthurt. Yes, but calling us here who don't particularly care for DB salty or butthurt really isn't fair is it?

Nibbler3100 said:
Only one they really got wrong was Yang vs Tifa and that was all because they made it a memoral to Monty which is fine
Gaara vs Toph, Bowser vs Ganon, Technically Ryu vs Scorpion, and understandably Guts vs Nightmare. Those were some of their inaccurate fights.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Gaara vs Toph, Bowser vs Ganon, Technically Ryu vs Scorpion, and understandably Guts vs Nightmare. Those were some of their inaccurate fights.
Bomberman vs Dig Dug, Sweet Tooth vs Joker, Link vs Cloud and etc.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Again, if you're going by the vs battle wiki site logic, that feels a bit unfair since Nightmare was determined to be planet-level just a couple of months ago. Before that he was practically on Guts' level. Maybe lower if I'm not mistaken.

Should the thread here get another sequel since it's getting pretty long? Might be good enough timing since the new season's starting up soon.

They will probably let Nathan win, despite Lara was able to outran a T-Rex, dodged lightning, killed a dragon and several powerful beings, her best supernatural weapons are likely large building level.

I'm excited for Lara vs Nate, though it's kinda obvious that Death Battle will again be lazily combining two separate incarnations into one.

I don't have any problems with it but sometimes DB just gets too far, especially during their potrayal of the Joker and how they combined tons of different versions and feats into one which was stupid and innacurate.

Killing a T-Rex via ranged weapons ins't that impressive, Nathan could do the same; but yeah, Lara should win, Nathan is athletic and lucky, but Lara is athletic, skilled and possibly with superhuman strength (if we consider game mechanics), without mentioning more arsenal, wonder if they'll mentioning the Soul Reaver... Kain comfirmed for next DB.

Meleemaster428 said:
Dragonmasterxyz said:
Again, if you're going by the vs battle wiki site logic, that feels a bit unfair since Nightmare was determined to be planet-level just a couple of months ago. Before that he was practically on Guts' level. Maybe lower if I'm not mistaken.
Should the thread here get another sequel since it's getting pretty long? Might be good enough timing since the new season's starting up soon.
Again, read my comment. I said "understandably". Know ever read deep into the lore of Soulcalibur to find that before. So I said understandably.....I'm not being unfair at all as I recognized that the Guts vs Nightmare fight happened when we all thought it was an even match.

Killermoves said:
I'm excited for Lara vs Nate, though it's kinda obvious that Death Battle will again be lazily combining two separate incarnations into one.
I don't have any problems with it but sometimes DB just gets too far, especially during their potrayal of the Joker and how they combined tons of different versions and feats into one which was stupid and innacurate.
Evident by the fact that they're using her first incarnation look and she's also has her bow holstered, despite the fact that the first and second versions of Lara have never used a bow at all. At best, she used a crossbow in the fourth game.

Seriously, does anyone else here think that composite characters vs non-composite characters unfair?

DB tend to use that, and personally, I think is for the best; how I said above, people want to known who is stronger, not what version of someone is stronger, DB wouldn't choose the weaker version just to make the other win, they'll composite as long the character share the same origins, like Supermen the animated serie and New Earth, again, someone made a post (a long one) about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back