• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I do not believe Deadpool is consistently Hypersonic, I would like to see a link to the Master handbook as well please? Powerscaling over Black Panther outrunning an explosion shouldn't make Deadpool Hypersonic, especially since he's rarely over peak human and recently was beaten by Black Panther.

Well, I agree that the Marvel characters are not generally shown as nearly as swift as we rate them, but we have to scale them from the higher speed feats, in lack of better options.

As for the Black Panther, he has received considerable superhuman upgrades since his old feat.

Basically what Ant said. The guidebooks are the most important thing here for powerscaling. Just look at all the Spiderman Hawkeye scaling. Deadpool is no different

The problem is that Marvel and DC are so insanely inconsistent that it is impossible to create entirely accurate statistics for the characters.

Can I see a link where its stated Deadpool is swifter than Black Panther? And I agree we should use a characters best speed feats, but they should have a few speed feats to back it up with scans, I mean Deathstroke has a Nano second reaction feat but I don't think I could give him near FTL reflexes atleast with out more scans to prove it.

A certain amount of Common Sense is required. I mean, by that logic, Batman would also be Sub-Relativistic for fighting people like Deathstroke as would the entire Bat-Family, and the Titans, and so on, which obviously makes no sense. Naturally, this is due to the fact that authors generally have no idea how short a nanosecond actually is and just throw it in for drama, so it's important to take facts like these into account. On top of typical comic book inconsistency (even the likes of Stan Lee said it all comes down to what the higher ups say should happen as well as who the author likes better).

Yes. I am almost certain that the Marvel characters are largely rated far too high in terms of speed, given their consistent general showings, but I have very limited ideas regarding how to properly solve the problem. There do not seem to be any good solutions.

Reppuzan said:
A certain amount of Common Sense is required. I mean, by that logic, Batman would also be Sub-Relativistic for fighting people like Deathstroke as would the entire Bat-Family, and the Titans, and so on, which obviously makes no sense. Naturally, this is due to the fact that authors generally have no idea how short a nanosecond actually is and just throw it in for drama, so it's important to take facts like these into account. On top of typical comic book inconsistency (even the likes of Stan Lee said it all comes down to what the higher ups say should happen as well as who the author likes better).
It was a recent feat and actually the recent Deathstroke, Stomped virtual versions of Wonder girl, Red Robin, and bunker some of the current titans.

He hasn't fought the Titans really since the 90s

Also Batman is literally the King of PIS, basing a character over fighting or losing to him would put Spectre at Subsonic, I mean Batman's hit him even if batman has some Hypersonic feats.

The Master Edition has more specific speed rankings than any other handbook, and separates speed and flight speed, which is why we use it.

However, for cases where the speed rankings have been upgraded in the newest handbooks, and the character in question cannot fly, we use that instead.

Stop repeatedly quoting posts. It spams the page with unnecessary text.

In any case, if I remember correctly, Deadpool was placed in the Enhanced Human category, whereas the Panther was placed in the Peak Human category.

I apologize my phone is very slow.

In any case, since then Black Panther has had upgrades to make him superhuman and even some down grades, Deadpool has mostly down graded so much he's considered peak Human.

Also it seems Black panther was singled out, Deadpool nor Black mentioned each other, Domino Cable or some of the Xmen would make more since to power scale that old Deadpool off of.

Well, the problem is that the new handbook incorporates anything from "normal" to "enhanced human" speed to the tier 2 category, and in lack of better options, we use the official handbook statistics to scale from, as Marvel characters regularly go from wall level to universe level at the drop of a hat.

Why not use the current characters feats they shown? Btw the Marvel universe is building a new handbook, the All New All Different Marvel.

We are using their highest calculated speed feats, and then use the official handbook statistics to scale from that for the characters placed around the same level.

You can check over at the Narutoforums if you wish, but I have no idea if they actually index the calculations by character or even fictional franchise.

Back