• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dead Space Isaac Clarke's tier revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we even have a High 8-C calculation? I know Necromorphs are pretty big, but they really should be calculated first. And also it may be debated that their tentacles aren't assumed to equate to body slamming. Also, Isaac's durability section also seems to have a lot of issues and guesswork statistics. Even the crash landing feat appears to be Wall level.

I wouldn't personally agree with him being on that level for the reason that he was targeting the monster's weakspots. I can somewhat see the argument if you use the monster body slamming Isaac with its corpse when it died and him surviving it but I would like to be proven wrong if there's more High 8-C feats.

@DarkDragonMedeus
The Hive Mind's tentacles is debatable, yes. But the Nexus used it claws to slam at him, its arm and claws part should be as durable as its body, which is High 8-C in size.

@Theglassman12
He can survived if the Nexus slam at him in full force during the boss fight.
Another feat is he survived a massive explosion caused by many explosive tanks that destroys a ship without having any injury during his fight agains the Tormentor, and his RIG's not even decreased. (Maybe 9-A feat)

Well either way, when a human sized character is being swatted by a giant, it's also important to take the cross sectional area into account. Also, I noticed there were proposals for "Weapons being higher". I'm actually going to get to a lot of verses that appear to follow similar styles to Dead Space.

Surviving big explosions is also something that requires Inverse Square Law too.

There appears to be rather cluttered justifications for durability; almost like that's reserved for a Feats section or blog post listing consistent feats. But I do agree the overall ratings appear more consistent.

Javelin is clearly just a piercing weapon, which "negates blunt durability" so to speak. The way bullets can make holes in walls that could survive higher forces of blunt power. It really shouldn't be used as a justification as higher AP.

Piercing weapons don't negate durability per say, wrong choice of words. It's sharper than typical punches or body slams to the point were even characters with hundreds of times higher durability may be harmed by something. But I pretty much agree that individual weapons should be judged from their own calcs first and foremost.

I disagree with the High 8-C thing.

First, he obviously hitting the weakspots of those enemies, and even then just harming a small part of the body won't scale the entirety of their durability.

Third, neither fight show him recieving a full body slam from either Necromorph, he mostly gets attack by tentancles and claws, and some of the attacks are very slow to get a high KE impact.

Is also ridiculous to say that he's physically comparable to some of the strongest Necromorphs when he still struggles with earlier and weaker enemies, even with upgrades of his suit.

I disagree with the High 8-C thing.

First, he obviously hitting the weakspots of those enemies, and even then just harming a small part of the body won't scale the entirety of their durability.

Third, neither fight show him recieving a full body slam from either Necromorph, he mostly gets attack by tentancles and claws, and some of the attacks are very slow to get a high KE impact.

Is also ridiculous to say that he's physically comparable to some of the strongest Necromorphs when he still struggles with earlier and weaker enemies, even with upgrades of his suit.
The OP was outdated.
Please read the late replied, I made a sandbox.

Piercing weapons don't negate durability per say, wrong choice of words. It's sharper than typical punches or body slams to the point were even characters with hundreds of times higher durability may be harmed by something. But I pretty much agree that individual weapons should be judged from their own calcs first and foremost.
I mean, that's why I added it in quotation marks and specified "blunt" durability. And proceeded to explain what I mean by that.
Okay. Stay as it is then.
Any addition?
Your sandbox looks good.

Are there any objection to my sandbox? If not I'm gonna edit the profile, because at least it better than the current one.

Fair enough, but I think a better term is "reduce" durability rather than "negate" durability.

The OP was outdated.
Please read the late replied, I made a sandbox.
So, for the sandbox, something changes I would personally add:

1. The first tab of the P&A is a bit bloated for explanations that are already elaborated in equipment section.

2. I would personally explain the each weapons (at least the ones from DS 1 and 2) instead of just simply linking to another place. I would separate it through tabbers per each game.

3. In the same vain, it preferable to show some of Clarke's suits in the profile, for aesthetic purposes.

Thanks for the input.
1. I'll remove some of it when I have time.
2. I'll make tabbers later. Note that it might not be perfect for the third one, as aside from the complete weapons, it also has weapon parts for crafting which can be customizable to suit each player's playstyle.
3. I'll edit it later. Where should I put it, profile image or gallery? I suggests gallery since there are a lot of suits.

Thanks for the input.
1. I'll remove some of it when I have time.
2. I'll make tabbers later. Note that it might not be perfect for the third one, as aside from the complete weapons, it also has weapon parts for crafting which can be customizable to suit each player's playstyle.
3. I'll edit it later. Where should I put it, profile image or gallery? I suggests gallery since there are a lot of suits.
3. Profile image for the main suits advertised in the games, I.e the Intermediate Engineer Suit, the Advanced Suit and the Artic Survival Suit.

The rest of the armor can be added to a gallery.

Not a big Dead Space guy, but why does it say "At least 9-B, higher". What is the higher in reference to?

Pretty sure it says "higher, up to 9-A with weapons". Reference to being higher with weapons.
Wouldn't just "At least 9-B, up to 9-A with weapons" be less confusing to read? The higher part makes it somewhat of an eyesore

Btw, me and another user had a Dead Space CRT on the backlog for a while, I'll post what we got here since it's already updating Isaac, might as well add it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back