• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DCAU - Superman Revisions

Why would Doomsday not take the full energy of the eruption?
Superman notes that anything will trigger the eruption and we see the magma chambers being massive and spread throughout the volcano. The explosion also has multiple origin points and the giant burst of mass which is where the KE comes from is far larger than Doomsday.
What's your suggestion to see where Doomsday scales?
It would just be for the volcano proper if he scales at all.

What Qawsedf234 and GyroNutz have decided here can probably be applied.

What Qawsedf234 and GyroNutz have decided here can probably be applied.
If somebody writes a list of all of the members who have contributed to this discussion thread previously, I can send a notification to them and ask if any of them are willing to apply it.

• DCAU Superman still needs his 5-C AP key removed. Literally nothing implies he scales to his own durability
  • I'm still iffy on the Continent Calc being useable. Its attempting to scale the full mass KE of the lava and assumes that Doomsday tanks it all, despite multiple eruptions occurring all over the island hundreds of meters away from Doomsday. I think something that's probably better is just his Solomon Grundy slam
Besides that the P&A additions are fine besides the rejected stuff
Nothing implies he scales to his dura? Can't he damage those comparable to him?

Nothing implies he scales to his dura? Can't he damage those comparable to him?
I don't think that he had the chance to do so yet after being upgraded to that level. However, his power has not been very far behind his durability in other incarnations, or previously within this continuity, so I personally think that giving him a "Likely Moon level" attack potency seems fine.

I don't think that he had the chance to do so yet after being upgraded to that level. However, his power has not been very far behind his durability in other incarnations, or previously within this continuity, so I personally think that giving him a "Likely Moon level" attack potency seems fine.
"I am actually against removing his 5-C AP, he was able to overpower Validus, who if I remember right, was able to contend with him for an extended period and harm him."

If somebody writes a list of all of the members who have contributed to this discussion thread previously, I can send a notification to them and ask if any of them are willing to apply it.
What is being decided? We still have no idea how we're going to convert the volcanic explosion into Doomsday and Superman's AP.

However, his power has not been very far behind his durability in other incarnations
Stonewall exist as a rating for a reason. Him being more durable than strong is just a thing that can happen.
Nothing implies he scales to his dura
Personally it's probably either an outlier or an amp. The consistently sub-light Superman flew at FTL speeds while flying near the source of all of his power and was hit by an explosion that dwarfs everything else he's done or taken by orders of magnitude.

Stonewall exist as a rating for a reason. Him being more durable than strong is just a thing that can happen.

Personally it's probably either an outlier or an amp. The consistently sub-light Superman flew at FTL speeds while flying near the source of all of his power and was hit by an explosion that dwarfs everything else he's done or taken by orders of magnitude.
The concept of 'sun-dipping' hasn't really been delved into in this universe either, we haven't even seen the full limits of what this Superman could do if he cuts loose, he has a magnitude of things we can scale off him.

Also, as I previously explained, he is more durable than he is strong, but it's not a gigantic gap. Validus was, dare I say, probably getting the edge on Superman in terms of raw physical strength, but Superman was still able to contend, harm, and take blows from him. He has justifications for his AP scaling to his Durability.

The concept of 'sun-dipping' hasn't really been delved into in this universe either, we haven't even seen the full limits of what this Superman could do if he cuts loose, he has a magnitude of things we can scale off him.

Also, as I previously explained, he is more durable than he is strong, but it's not a gigantic gap. Validus was, dare I say, probably getting the edge on Superman in terms of raw physical strength, but Superman was still able to contend, harm, and take blows from him. He has justifications for his AP scaling to his Durability.
Agreed. Is that fine with you, Qawsedf234 and Amelia?

The 5-C feats take place after all of the series, he could simply just have gotten stronger after a couple of years
Yes, agreed. That happened in the comic books as well.

Completely unrelated but I really want to replace our current Batman (JL) pic with this. One currently up has a bad case of "y'all got any pixels?" if you catch my drift.
BatmanDCAU.png

This is the one on the site. Devils in the transparency details.
Unrelated to the current discussion, but I would like to know if I can apply this without any issues.

I'm fine with scaling Fatal Five Superman's AP to his durability. The stuff about the sun amp seems possible, but I don't think that should be used to discredit the feat when this hasn't shown an effect on Superman's strength before, afaik, and wasn't stated to have an effect in the film either. Plus there's the whole wormhole thing where Flash chased a wormhole generator to the sun at barely above lightspeed. If Superman was capable of moving at FTL speeds moving closer to the sun then, he would have gone after it.

I have to rewatch that Batman Beyond episode again but tbf Starro was probably trying to contextually keep a low profile as Superman while he sorted out his plan.

But we quite literally have on multiple occasions. We've also seem him struggle and get knocked out by demonstrably much less force
He's extremely inconsistent, the fringes of an energy weapon with the power of a small nuclear gun knock him out, when he's overpowered a meteor capable of destroying Metropolis, a Megacity (a city that has 10 million or more people), in his younger years. Current Supes could easily manhandle his S:TAS Counterpart.

I'm fine with scaling Fatal Five Superman's AP to his durability. The stuff about the sun amp seems possible, but I don't think that should be used to discredit the feat when this hasn't shown an effect on Superman's strength before, afaik, and wasn't stated to have an effect in the film either. Plus there's the whole wormhole thing where Flash chased a wormhole generator to the sun at barely above lightspeed. If Superman was capable of moving at FTL speeds moving closer to the sun then, he would have gone after it.
I am inclined to agree with this.

Current Supes could easily manhandle his S:TAS Counterpart.
But its such a weird jump to make when he has nothing canon even remotely close it.
Do you have any suggestions for this?
The calc needs to be adjusted for just the Volcano mostly.

Assuming the entire island was fragmented at once just doesn't work based off the scene.

Feel it needs to be mentioned that Superman was at his absolute limit in his fight with Doomsday. Going so far as to attempt lobotomizing him and needing to be saved persay by WW.

Assuming the entire island was fragmented at once just doesn't work based off the scene.
That is not what the calc does at all, though... It calculates the big eruption the same way other eruptions have been calculated, and has been as agreeable by others.

The calculation was the giant explosion after the initial, smaller explosions had torn chunks out of the island. The calculation isn't how much of the island that it blew up, its how more energy that last final boom had, and it completely dwarfed the island. The calc doesn't need to be adjusted, what we need to figure out is how much energy Doomsday and Superman soak up from that.

what we need to figure out is how much energy Doomsday and Superman soak up from that.
We don't because only Doomsday takes that eruption. If Doomsday was at the epicenter of it, and he pretty much was, we don't need any more than that. KLOL said this to you in the comments section of the calc, and that's how pretty much damn every eruption calc works.

Also, can somebody list the other members that have helped out with this thread previously please?
If somebody lists the other staff members who have helped out here, I can call for them.

Okay.

Can somebody link to the calculation in question please?

Back