• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC: Wally is even faster

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Now, I'm not certain about this feat. I just found it looking at Crowning Moments of Awesome on TV tropes:

In issue 141, the Black Flash has come for a powerless Wally. After some distraction by the other speedsters, Wally manages to overcome his handicap and get his speed back, then defeats the personification of death for speedsters by running to the end of time where death no longer has any meaning. He then makes a quick stop to the Speed Force to rescue Linda, who had been "killed" a few issues earlier, and returns to the present. BAD ASS. This is actually considerably bigger, because at the end he seems to outrun the Big Bang on his way back to the present (which it's heavily implied he did offscreen in the last arc, "The Human Race", as well). During the Big Bang's 'inflationary epoch' (lasting about 0.000000000000000000000000000000000099 seconds), it expanded from a single point to about 10^30 times bigger than the observable universe. An expansion which Wally outran. This would mean going somewhere in the range of over 32.77 sexvigintillion times the speed of light. In one Planck time (the smallest scale of time in which quantum gravitational effects are still likely to be important), a period in which a beam of light could cross 1/10000000000000000000000000 of a hydrogen atom, he could run from one end of the observable universe to the other and back over 2 sextillion times. And that clearly isn't him going anything like flat-out, because he wasn't at risk of vanishing back into the Speed Force. As Jay Garrick rather understatedly put it in Final Crisis: Jay Garrick: It's a little-known fact that death can't travel faster than the speed of light. But Wally can.

And this ladies and gentlemen is why the Flash is awesome.

Although, you can't be faster then immeasurable speed.

Grant Morrison has actually stated that Flash has no limitations in speed but his own mental blocks.

And he was the writer of Wally's best feats, by the way, including the Trans-Time Velocity one.

I think-and I do mean think. I'm not certain-that I found it. As I said in the title, I'm not certain on the feat myself. I found this on TVTropes of all places.

This is from Flash Volume 2 #141. Wally races Black Racer http://***************.to/Comic/The-Flash-1987/Issue-141?id=8913

If what Matt saying is correct, it's the same speed used for the Gold Saints. If not, and the above calculation is correct, which I doubt yet hope, then I agree.

Okay. Immeasurable is just via time travel though.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Grant Morrison has actually stated that Flash has no limitations in speed but his own mental blocks.

And he was the writer of Wally's best feats, by the way, including the Trans-Time Velocity one.
If what Matt said here is true, then shouldn't Wally be "immeasurable at his peak"?

No. DarkLK told me that he should only be immeasurable via time travel. However, given our modified Speed regulations, I am uncertain if this is now too generous a rating.

Outrunning the big bang would actually not even be a speed feat.

It would be like being said to outrun space.

Or in other words you can not really outrun something which happens everywhere at once equally.

If the Gold Saints the one that I think it is that feat was actually based on something a little, but important, bit different than outrunning the big bang.

I also think that we need to get rid of the immeasurable speed rating, and should rather use Wally's highest calculated feat.

Can anyone remove immeasurable rating from Flash's profile then? I really don't get how he is immeasurable for time travelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back