• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Profile Clean-up and Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sera_EX

She Who Dabbles in Fiction
VS Battles
Retired
Okay peoples, our DC profiles, to be blunt, are bad as the result of being really outdated. They did not age well. Of course, being the DC-fangirl that I am, I want to clean them up and possibly revise some of the more outdated ones. Not all of them are bad mind you, just the more outdated ones.

So what exactly is wrong with the DC files? Well, it's nothing drastic but as I said they did not age well. So we have the issue of the files having:

• No summaries.
  • Lackluster justifications for attack potency, speed, and durability (though some at least have scans and calcs linked)
  • Little to no powers listed (this is true mainly for the oldest files)
  • No notable attacks listed
Among other things.

Nothing major. Should be easy right? Okay, moving on.

The Specifics
Post-Flashpoint and Post-Crisis profiles are fine, they will still be updated of course, but quality wise they meet our base expectations. It seems any other profile I find is bottom of the barrel tier. We shouldn't have files where the majority of the stats say unknown in a verse that has feats which can be calc'd. Speaking of calcs, if I come across a feat I may need it calc'd and any supoorting calculations should already be on the pages but if they aren't, we'll need them linked ASAP.

Sera's Plan for Detective Comics Comics
I have a lotta DC profiles being made in docs as we speak, and I'll be putting them up soon. Henceforth, this thread shall also serve as a backdrop for minor revisions regarding those pages. As I'd rather keep it all organized in one or two threads than have a bunch of them ongoing at once for the same verse. I also have some Vertigo/wildstorm stuff as well waiting in the break room. Now as Antvasima has stated, statistics-wise these profiles are more or less up to par, but I do think some of the older ones may require some looking into. Basically, characters will definitely be revised if neccessary.

The gameplan is simple: Sera shall make our DC pages much more detailed. Should please everyone I'd say.

Summary
Our DC Profiles are below our current standards of quality. Not all of them. Our more modern files, such as this one are pretty good. Whereas those like this one are pitiful. So, what I'm going to do is make them fabulous. This thread is a hub for any potential revising that need be, however my primary objective is simply profile clean up. Note that I haven't looked at them all, so I do apologize if for whatever reason it turns out most of the files are actually up to speed and I'm exaggerating about the quality. Just to be on the same page.

What is required:

• Summaries
  • A better listing of powers
  • Calculations linked if needed
  • Discussion regarding what may need to be revised
Now a great many profiles from this verse are locked, so I'll need someone who won't mind me pestering them to unlock profiles. Of course everyone is allowed to participate in this endeavor and I encourage others to list things such as missing powers and give justifications were needed as much as possible. I know there's knowledgable DC fans out there.

Now before anyone asks, the much larger Marvel revisions thread will be made in a few days.

It should be noted that I and Matthew have been talking about merging the Post-Flashpoint profiles with the post-Crisis ones, given that both continuities were literally merged together recently. We are not sure how to proceed though.

About Wonder Woman profile, I have a problem with it. The calculation that justifies his speed is "wrong." I mean, the numbers are right, and I do not disagree that she's MFTL + (just like Superman, Green Lantern and the others). But the feat was taken out of context. Shattered God was divided into several pieces that were scattered throughout the universes, and then he threw those pieces into Wonder Woman. The calculation assumes that the pieces reached the end of the universe and then returned. But we do not know the speed that the pieces have moved and to what point of the universe they arrived when they were called back to attack Wonder Woman. The pieces were divided by the Big Bang. We need to know the speed of the Big Bang, determine how long it took for the pieces to come back and so calculate Wonder Woman's reaction speed.My point is: the pieces did not come from the end of the universe to her, they came from the distance they arrived, at the speed of the Big Bang, until they were called back. I'm not suggesting Wonder Woman is not MFTL +. And most likely this feat, even if it was calculated wrongly, is still MFTL +. I just do not like to put that calculation in his profile.

Anyway, our Marvel profiles in particular are in massive need of improvements, but I have been way too overworked here to organise it (and am not sure how to properly do so), whereas Matthew is busy IRL.

@Cal

The Post-Crisis and Post-Flashpoint Supermen were merged together with help from Mister Mxyzptlk.

Antvasima said:
Anyway, our Marvel profiles in particular are in massive need of improvements, but I have been way too overworked here to organise it (and am not sure how to properly do so), whereas Matthew is busy IRL.
Yes. I've noted so in the OP.

And about the merging, yeah...we'll need to figure that one out.

Yeah, I literally encourage people to show me as many scans as possible for Marvel. It's gonna be a big one.

But for now, DC clean up is my priority. Then Marvel and then Ninja Gaiden before year's end.

Dark649 said:
The mainly outdated verse's that needs to be revised are DC, Marvel, Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive and Saint Seiya.
You read my mind brother ovo

Not anyone specific. I plan on just tackling as many as I can.

Interesting. A lot of DC characters are currently subpar, even more modern ones, and I've been meaning to make threads for them like Blue Beetle.

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
Can I help? I have pretty good knowledge on DC
Of course! Everyone can help!

Is it alright if I post a scan and have you guys determine what power/ability it is.

(Its for Captain Atom)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back