• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Profile Clean-up and Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Medeus

Well, the DC profiles are not that bad overall. We have managed to get most of them somewhat in order. The Marvel profiles on the other hand are a source of frustration for me.

No kidding, the Marvel profiles have statistical problems whereas the DC ones mainly just suffer from being outdated.

Well, I mean, DC profiles aren't horrible for sure. And I did notice Blue Beetle's profile was a big mess at one point, but now looks, better. Buy there's still some notable 2-A characters who might be more like High 2-A given some recent updates, as well as missing hax abilities for a few characters. And the biggest revision does seem to be Post-Flashpoint and Post-Crises merging. Marvel's profiles are far worse I agree.

Alright. Here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to skim every DC profile we have through the verse page by section, come back, and give the status on the sections that are okay and which sections/characters need improvement.

Alright, so from a quick glance nearly every section is decent enough with the exception of a few, and these exceptions are the profiles that could use some attention.

And I'm sure there's a few I likely missed.

Some others just need summaries and attacks, so in resume, it's not that bad. I should be able to take my time with this since Marvel is more of the priority (and wew boy is that gonna be fun...). So we can definitely take our time and not rush this.

Also, The Everlasting shall be helping us from Beyond.

I've mostly been into Rebirth, so I don't know how much help I'll be. But if anyone needs help writing summaries or with formatting I'll pitch in as much as I can.

Antvasima said:
It should be noted that I and Matthew have been talking about merging the Post-Flashpoint profiles with the post-Crisis ones, given that both continuities were literally merged together recently. We are not sure how to proceed though.
Yeah. The New 52 young Superman and the Old Rebirth Superman were actually the Post-Crisis Superman split into two beings. They then merged again into one and in the process most of the Post-Crisis Continuity is now canon again.

Crabwhale said:
Comics, can we just not comics today?
Trust me, the rabbit hole of DC comics gets much, much weirder than that.

I'll try to help out, but i've only been reading one-shots and Hawkman comics lately.

@ Darkanine

Trust me, I am fairly well aware of that. I was merely making a joke.

@Peter Okay, let's see what Godspeed is missing....

He's missing an extra ability which should be described as "Limited Durability Negation and Disintregation via Speed Theft" for speedsters only according to this: https://m.imgur.com/gallery/LqpbivQ

"When August speedsteals from a speedster, it removes the Speed Force forcefully, killing them"

^ The follwing link backs it up: https://imgur.com/WFD1nhv

And Godspeed can disintegrate people to dust too with his speed theft apparently: https://m.imgur.com/gallery/coxVvCS

Too slow Barry?: Godspeed outblitzes 3 of them, including Barry: https://imgur.com/a/f9MVjvs & Barry knows when he is beat when it comes to speed against Godspeed: https://m.imgur.com/gallery/8Y2UKy1

The rest of the links for the other abilities you forgotten to describe & provide a link to is in the RT as well @Peter, just a helpful reminder. Also, add a Feats section & paste the link to the Respect Thread there so you can always get back to it, just in case you may have missed anything.

So something that was going to happen awhile ago was that everyone who was banned from death and/or the afterlife where getting type 5 immortality,

Example: Lobos type 4 was being changed to type 5.

@Magi Hussie

I think that Durability Negation only works against speedsters since it's a result of Godspeed forcing the Speed Force out of the speedsters body

Imgur says that the image you've linked is deleted

I'd argue they should be since that's already the case with Orion and Darkseid plus Batman was compared to Post Crisis Bruce anyway (by Supes plus much of his stories took place in a 5 - 10 year window)

@Hellbeast1

New Gods in the god sphere weren't affected by the changes, Bruce Wayne is Bruce Wayne so ofc they'd be the same the only difference is a better suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back