• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC High 1-A (and 0) downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the high 1-As (and 0) in DC are their tier due to having the dc multiverse as a drawing on the over-monitor. This is the wrong tier for multiple reasons:
  • Being infinitely superior to a 1-A or viewing them as fiction only equates to a higher level of 1-A, not high 1-A
  • In order to get a high 1-A, you need a 1-A+ structure
  • If being infinitely above a 1-A makes you high 1-A, then characters like Nyarlethotep, SCP-3812, and others would all be high 1-A
So, they all get downgraded to At least 1-A. The writer will also be At least 1-A as well (since he sees the over monitor as fiction) and lose his 0 since it comes from massively up scaling from a high 1-A

Profiles that will be downgraded
  • The presence (High 1-A to At least 1-A)
  • Overmonitor (High 1-A to At least 1-A)
  • Source (High 1-A to At least 1-A)
  • God (High 1-A to At least 1-A)
  • The Writer (High 1-A, possibly 0 to At least 1-A)

So, the high 1-As (and 0) in DC are their tier due to having the dc multiverse as a drawing on the over-monitor. This is the wrong tier for multiple reasons:
  • Being infinitely superior to a 1-A or viewing them as fiction only equates to a higher level of 1-A, not high 1-A
  • In order to get a high 1-A, you need a 1-A+ structure
  • If being infinitely above a 1-A makes you high 1-A, then characters like Nyarlethotep, SCP-3812, and others would all be high 1-A
So, they all get downgraded to At least 1-A. The writer will also be At least 1-A as well (since he sees the over monitor as fiction) and lose his 0 since it comes from massively up scaling from a high 1-A
2. No, you don't. Proving to be beyond any possible extension an already 1-A hierarchy is what's needed, whether the hierarchy has 2, 3 or layers.

3. Nyarlathotep is technically pending a High 1-A upgrade but for different reasons. Other than that, you're right about the third point.

Anyway, from what I understand, The Overvoid is High 1-A as a result of seeing DC's 1-A hierarchy (not just the people in it) as literal fiction i.e. it can arbitrarily add layers to it the way a comic book writer would. That's sufficient grounds for High 1-A if proven. Of course, I have no idea why The Writer is Tier 0 and would agree with him just being High 1-A.

Anyway, I'd just wait for the revisions if I were you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back