• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC/Durability of normal weapons.

What is the Attack Potency and Durability of the following:

Swords Spears Axes Clubs Arrows (Bow/Crossbow) Armor Shield

What would the Attack Potency and Durability be if superhuman level beings with same weapons?

Pretty sure we'd rate pretty much any of those weapons as Street level. "Armor" is pretty vague, but from what I've seen, plate armor is pretty much swordproof, but is countered by blunt weaponry and sort-of by piercing weapons like bows, so it would probably just be resistant to slashing weapons. Meanwhile, gambesons were able to stop arrows from longbows if they were thick enough, and similar but thinner armor was worn underneath plate armor. Pretty sure shields would also be Street level durability, but I think I remember someone saying that it should be Wall level for completely cutting a shield in half.

They'd probably be useless if used by superhumans, though, and if they didn't break from being swung well beyond their intended thresholds they would be rated the same AP and Durability as the superhuman character in question.

Keep in mind I'm no expert, and I'm basically regurgitating what I've heard and seen online.

DerpCity said:
Pretty sure we'd rate pretty much any of those weapons as Street level. "Armor" is pretty vague, but from what I've seen, plate armor is pretty much swordproof, but is countered by blunt weaponry and sort-of by piercing weapons like bows, so it would probably just be resistant to slashing weapons. Meanwhile, gambesons were able to stop arrows from longbows if they were thick enough, and similar but thinner armor was worn underneath plate armor. Pretty sure shields would also be Street level durability, but I think I remember someone saying that it should be Wall level for completely cutting a shield in half.

They'd probably be useless if used by superhumans, though, and if they didn't break from being swung well beyond their intended thresholds they would be rated the same AP and Durability as the superhuman character in question.

Keep in mind I'm no expert, and I'm basically regurgitating what I've heard and seen online.
Thank you. One more question, what would be the AP of siege weapons like catapalts, battering rams and Ballistas?

The Trebuchet is rated as Wall to Small Building level, so I'd assume Catapults and Ballistas were around that range. Battering Rams would lose the "to Small Building level" part, though.

DerpCity said:
The Trebuchet is rated as Wall to Small Building level, so I'd assume Catapults and Ballistas were around that range. Battering Rams would lose the "to Small Building level" part, though.
Thank you

Weapons durability only depends of the material what are they made, its also stay unvariable independently of the user AP. This kind of melee weapons can easily bust a normal human to street levels, but still vary with weapons.

Back