• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Comics: Imperiex Downgrades

So Imperiex is considered low 2-C because he was going to "cause a Big Bang that was going to destroy the old Universe and create a new one", however that lacks a lot of context as to how he was going to do that.

3802084-big bang 1
3802085-big bang 2
3802086-big bang 3

3802087-big bang 4
3802088-big bang 5
3802089-big bang 6
3802090-big bang 7

In the first scan you can clearly see a machine on the bottom powering up, this

In the second scan, in the small panel we see the machine become fully operational, and Imperiex proclaims "Let the hollowing begin".

Now, what do these machines do? These are what Imperiex uses to start a Big Bang, through the process of hollowing.

Here we see Imperiex say "This is the final planet in the chain, herein the great task of Imperiex is completed", from this we see thet Imperiex isn't capable of just destroying Universes when he pleases, he has to destroy planets by "hollowing" them to create a Big Bang.

Naturally, if Imperiex had the power to just destroy the Universe he would have never needed to invade the Earth in the first place.

Now, in the scans 6 & 7, you'll see that after inducing a Big Bang, Imperiex goes into hibernation. Then he wakes up and starts the process all over again. In scan 6 we see Imperiex in a fetal position and in scan 7 we see Liri Lee of the Linear Men state, "Such is the paradox of this mission and in truth of all our missions. Imperiex sleeps. And when he awakens--"

Hollowing is the process whereby either Imperiex or his Probes the machines mentioned earlier to turn a planet into energy so that it can be absorbed by Imperiex Prime, it is well expalained here:

3802096-hollowers 3

Lastly, Veridium explains how these machines (hollowers) work:

3802098-hollowers 1

Therefore, hollowing is the process whereby Imperiex uses machines that transform a planet (or galaxy) into cosmic quanta energy so that Imperiex can absorb said energy. After absorbing enough energy, he restarts the Universe with a Big Bang

Imperiex is still very strong, he was capable of vaporizing Doomsday, his probes (which are a mere fraction of his power) were capable of beating top tier members of the JLA. However before absorbing the quanta energy transmuted by the hollowers Imperiex has never shown power beyond 4-B.

So here is my suggestion:

-Imperiex should have two keys (Pre-quanta energy absorption (4-B-His probes, which are a fraction of his power can beat top members of the Justice League)/Post-quanta energy absorption (Low 2-C-Is capable of creating a Big Bang which destroys the Universe and creates a new one)

I think that the original post seems to make sense, but 4-B seems a bit low for him, even in base.

What do you think Matthew?

Okay. So would "At least 3-C" be appropriate?

Okay. Read Comic Online might have "Our Worlds At War" available.

Can you remind me what the hollowers were?

The hollowers are the machines that convert things into energy to power Imperiex up. They are confirmed to destroy galaxies, but they shouldn't scale to Imperiex himself as they are independant machinery and as explained in the last scan of the OP were not as powerful initially and actually mate and evolve.

3802103-hollowers 2

In the first panel, we can see Maxima confirming that it is the hollowers who destroy galaxies, as they destroyed her own galaxy.

I've read some, the Drones are Superior to beings like Superman, Maxima, Mongul, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, etc, even stomping the latter 4 at the same time. But they aren't astronomically above them. So it's either an outlier for the last one, a group of Drones did so, the Drones are Solar System Level, or i'm missing something.

Imperiex could still be universe level+ without hollowing;

When he was transported to the moment of the big bang, he released his energy, and it creates another big bang in conjunction with the original one, despite having no universe to hollow. Imperiex created a universe.

Now, Imperiex might have just hollowed out Earth and destroyed galaxies and planetary chains because he wants it to become exactly as he wants it, a world without imperfection.

Edit: Nah, it's just to turn the planet into energy.

If you don't agree, he's called the destroyer of galaxies, and is likely way way stronger than Starbreaker (that part is headcanon though), he might be galaxy level.

Maybe "Low 2-C via self-destruction" then?

Well, we would still need to know his regular AP, or should we just let him keep the straight Low 2-C rating?

What do you think Matthew?

Just before Matt replies, i think his durability should be downgraded at a certain point, he was destroyed by the Big Bang, like completely obliterated.

It looks like the OP makes sense.

You can politely remind Matthew about this thread if you wish.

You can remind Matthew to respond here again. My judgement calls are not the best about Marvel and DC.

In lack of better optioms, we might have to change Imperiex's statistics to "Unknown. 3-A via self-destruction" or "Unknown. Low 2-C via self-destruction".

Okay. Can anybody remind me if Imperiex created space-time itself, or just a universal explosion? The former is Low 2-C and the latter 3-A according to our system.

He created a big bang in line with the normal DC big bang, creating a double universe. There was still time there as Braniac and Imperiex could move, think, etc.

I'll show the scans below.

Antvasima said:
Okay. Can anybody remind me if Imperiex created space-time itself, or just a universal explosion? The former is Low 2-C and the latter 3-A according to our system.
The later. Also Big Bangs are Low 2-C in DC.

Also, should we count him as plain Low 2-C for a self-destruction feat, or use separate statistics?

He released the energy in his suit, basically his power source. It is sort of self destruction, but i'd imagine it scales to him since he manipulates this energy.

Okay. Is anybody willing to update the profile?

I'm willing to do so. Which is it, 3-A, or a new justification for Low 2-C?

If it's the former, i'd make a note about how there was time.

What do you think Matthew? 3-A or Low 2-C?

His durability would have to be unknown though, as would his striking strength.

Back