• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Comics: Doom Patrol CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long story short, I was planning on making the profiles for the comic versions of the Doom Patrol since Flex Mentallo is the only profile that exists, but then I thought its best to discuss this with you guys since there are almost 60 scans to go through to determine their right abilities and their right ratings so any info would help. Near 60 scans so grab a popcorn cuz this one is gonna be very long.

Dorothy Spinner:

Ability: Has the power to bring her imaginations real and the Doom Patrol members scale to her creations. Her creations have been described as being archetypal by Niles (who by the way is the best source for the Doom Patrol's abilities) and have their origin in the Dreaming. Which is the realm of The Dream Of The Endless.

Dorothy's mind can create doors to the astral, where a being known as Candle Maker tried to make itself real but was trapped due to the strength of Dorothy's mind.
Be aware that Candle Maker is the personification of the fears of The Collective Unconcious made manifest.

It is the death of all things and the real world is non-existent in comparison to itself.

It fights by attacking the seven archetypal souls of a person directly, stripping away each one until there is nothing left but a husk. This allowed him to kill Negative Man.

It was also able to destroy the archetypal New York that exists within The Dreaming and would've destroyed everything had he not been trapped.

Even Death itself fears the Candle Maker and was able to BFR Crazy Jane to hell.

Dorothy was able to easily beat Candle Maker.

Dorothy's was also unaffected by The False Memory, who can implant made-up memories in another person's head.

Dorothy was also able to break herself from the White City (created by The Builders who shaped and created the rules of creation itself) which can twist memories.

Flex Mentallo:

Ability: Can cause Reality Warping by flexing his muscles. And before you say anything, yes, his profile exists though I think we might be downplaying him and some of his powers are missing.

He can read minds, see into other dimensions, cause uncontrollable ******* (please don't ban me), visions of worlds folded into envelopes, bizarre dreams, paintings reversing their colouring, visions of God, and flex the Pentagon into a circle.

Beat Retcon Corporation Lobo

Holds on to a crossword puzzle in which the last word holds the Word Of God and speaking it grants you his power.

His power of inflation allowed him to inflate the JLA and Doom Patrol to save all of reality. Which overpowered the effects of Retcon Corporation's failsafe, which was going to wipe out the entire Overvoid.

Robotman/ Cliff Steele:

Ability: Superhuman strength and Technology Manipulation. Fought extra-dimensional vampires and Retcon Corporation Forces.

Resisted Mr Nobody's hallucinations, can use infrared vision to search a forest, can access and rewatch his own memories.

Came up with a plan to beat Candle Maker.

Reprogramed Candle Maker's body as well as world-ending nanotechnology.

Regenerated from having mind erased

Everything listed up is done in his base state. He would have 2 more keys for the next 2 states/forms of Robotman which I will list below.

Planet Cliff:

Ability: Is an entire planet. Killed Flex Mentallo

Teiresias Cliff:

Ability: Predate and exist in a realm beyond God and all of His creation.

Teiresias are opposed to The Builders (I mentioned these beings before) who can't be beaten unless all of creation is destroyed. Only the Teiresias were capable of doing this.

Both Teiresias and Builders scale to Antagon, who is stated as being the Dark Side of God and scales to the Presence himself. Teiresias Cliff should scale to this.

Negative Man/ Larry Trainor/ Rebus / Eleanor Poole/ Negative Woman / Positive man:

Ability: Can unleash power by releasing the Negative Spirit from his body.

Transported people into the mind of others.

Shattered the body of Candle Maker.

Was injected by Space Fix which made him immune to plagues that can destroy worlds and meanings themselves. The same plague can also destroy the concept of space itself which makes movement impossible.

The Negative Spirit can collapse itself infinitely and approach zero to reach the Negative Space. A place beyond existing and physicality. He can even send other people into it.

Negative Man, Crazy Jane and Willoughby Kipling produced counter vibrations to slow down the Decreator (an anti-God)

Crazy Jane:

Ability: Possesses 64 personalities, each with their own abilities

I'm not going to go over all 64 personalities, this here perfectly sums up all of them.

One of her personalities turns her into an abstract object which is disconnected from reality.

Reverted The Disappointment into his original state, who at this time had all the powers of the god of heroes.

She can fly

Break the fourth wall

Her art manipulation can manipulate reality itself and reverted the retcon altered JL back to normal.

Elasti-Girl/ Rita Farr:

Ability: Elasticity

Bounced back a bullet shot from The Disappointment, who's powers are worshipped by the Retcon Corporation.

After she was imprisoned in the Passion Play by Retcon Corporation, she expanded to the point of being omnipresent throughout everything that existed. This includes the realm of the Euonymus, which views the Overvoid as a paper.

Resisted Flex Mentalo's reality reset and stepped back into the Overvoid after the reset was complete.

And last but not least, Danny The Street/ The Brick/ The Ambulance:

Ability: Is a street that has full control over itself.

Teleports around the world. Has travelled between realms such as Hell and The Dreaming.

Is an infinite world that exists within The Dreaming. This is supported by a statement that states Danny containing a theme park with a parking lot of infinite size.

Can hold off the Candle Maker. And even survived in his encounter with him.

Within Danny exists Danny comics, which can make fictional characters real.

Created Casey Brinke who has the power to arrive early.

Can travel through time.

Broke through the wall of the Overvoid.

Demonstrated Acausality when Danny was killed in the past

Casey Brinke can match Milk-Man Man

And we are done, hope you had fun reading. If there are other feats that I have missed out do list them below. And finally, with the feats that I have presented, what tier and speed should each member of the Doom Patrol be granted? A lot of these seem to grant Outerversal to High Outerversal with Immeasurable speed, but I could be wrong. Leave your thoughts in.

Last edited:
Just a heads up. Some people considered the Eonymous and Retconn corporations non canon. I don’t exactly know why but they did.

isnt everything in dc basically canon now tho regardless of gerad ways statement? isnt that just a form of death of the author simply due to the fact dc has established on several occasions that pretty much every comic is essentially canon at the end of the day?

From what I've seen, these seem pretty fine at a glance as well.
Though whatever it'd be considered inconsistent or something is something I can't answer but I'll wait to see any counter arguments

A lot of these seem to grant Outerversal to High Outerversal with Immeasurable speed, but I could be wrong. Leave your thoughts in.

Didn't see this. If you believe anything in particular to give any stat then claim it directly.

Aren't The Eonymous suppose to be like the writers or readers of DC or something like that? That's what I gathered from reading this crossover which isn't what I would call a masterpiece anyway

Aren't The Eonymous suppose to be like the writers or readers of DC or something like that? That's what I gathered from reading this crossover which isn't what I would call a masterpiece anyway
Yeah they watch all of DC from the outside on a tv screen within their own realm. I haven’t read the story in a while but I remember even Retconn corporations being fiction to them. And Retconn corporations already exist outside of the DCU and embedded so deeply into the Overvoid that DC can be seen as fiction to them.

All of them are outerversal? That seems very high.
It kind of does feel a bit too high, but these feats are very consistent. As I have brought up guys like Candle Maker, The Dreaming which is a 1-A realm, the Builders and Teiresias who scale to the Presence, the Overvoid, and the Disappointment.

Well ever since Grant Morrison's run of Doom Patrol, they've been exceptionally more meta and powerful then most of the DC standard teams so it doesn't seem to far fetched but again I'll wait for any counter arguments

Didn't see this. If you believe anything in particular to give any stat then claim it directly.
Candle Maker, The Dreaming, Death Of The Endless, Builders and Teiresias, The Presence, The Overvoid, The Disappointment, Retconn Corporation. Basically, all of them have 1-A feats and the realms are also 1-A. The Doom Patrol have feats of countering some of these beings and even dealing with hax that could erase the Overvoid.

Candle Maker, The Dreaming, Death Of The Endless, Builders and Teiresias, The Presence, The Overvoid, The Disappointment, Retconn Corporation. Basically, all of them have 1-A feats and the realms are also 1-A. The Doom Patrol have feats of countering some of these beings and even dealing with hax that could erase the Overvoid.
im pretty sure the statemet you are refering too was more so "erase everything on the blank page" rather then the page itself
which is still at least outerversial possibly high outerversial

dude 1-A new gods make a lot of inconsistoncies
if we make them 1-A everyone and their grandma would be 1-A in dc
Wouldn’t only their true forms be 1-A and everyone that scales above them? Which is from my understanding only cosmic entities above the Godsphere that are already at
1-A.

It would had been better if you had provided actual scans rather than screenshots (hard to read). For now I'm neutral. I'll prolly read doom patrol after finishing some things

Wouldn’t only their true forms be 1-A and everyone that scales above them? Which is from my understanding only cosmic entities above the Godsphere that are already at
1-A.
superman shattered true form darkseid by singing man, in the story where the godheads and the plotonic idea gods where introduced in the first place

It would had been better if you had provided actual scans rather than screenshots (hard to read). For now I'm neutral. I'll prolly read doom patrol after finishing some things
Well you aren't the first to address the issue, but I'm also looking for links for more clear scans.

"Next time, try to actually read comics instead of getting information from videos"
this exudes passive agressivness my man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back