• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DBS Zamasu Regen Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
EE Resistance should be added if regeneration isn't agreed to since Beerus can't Hakai Zamasu one way or the other imo

Likely/Possibly Mid Godly would be better in this case since while there isn't an exact feat of this happening but the statement which is refering to Immortality (Zamasu's Regeneration) does exist.

Last edited:
Why would it be referring to a resistance...

Beerus says he cannot kill an immortal Zamasu. His immortality is based on regeneration of damage and not immunity to attacks, which we see when his he takes a beating in the future by Trunks/Goku and flexes. Not to mention how in the Manga, we see Zamasu has Mid-Godly anyway with the exact same statements more or less so it's not an insane leap to think that the same statement for his anime counterpart would be referring something similar. After all, nothing in the anime suggests resistance to EE either.

If you make the claim that it's referring resistance, you are going against the whole point of Zamasu's immortality which means you need evidence for it.

Basically: Zamasu's immortality is based on regeneration, Beerus states he cannot kill immortals like Zamasu, therefore Beerus cannot bypass his regen.

Give the Ningen slayer Mid-Godly or Likely Mid-Godly smh

Since the anime doesn't elaborate as to what methodology he is resistant to the Hakai, I'll have to lean toward disagreeing with Mid Godly Regen for Anime Zamasu for now and just leave it as general EE resistance.

Input from other staff would be appreciated.

@DarkDragonMedeus @KLOL506 @LordGriffin1000 @Dalesean027
Thats kinda wrong. Since the context for that statement refers to his Immortality. So unless you have proof that it refers to just resistance, then your disagreement is kinda invalid.

It could go either way tbh since we're never shown how he'd deal with being slapped a Hakai and we're not really told much outside of his immortality making it useless against him, I can get why some aren't sold on the idea given it's not very explicit. Personally I'd lean a more towards him having mid-godly, given that one of the main traits of his immortality is regenerating and the fact that Whis states that him being immortal is what makes Hakai useless.

Push comes to shove could always slap both possibly mid-godly and possibly resistance to existence erasure on his profile, add a note explaining why, and if he's used in a VS thread have the OP choose which one of those he gets since obviously he can't have both the regen and the resistance at the same time.

ok Toby.
Context Wise, i change my opinion
Since Immortality there was referring to regeneration
Zamasu asked for immortality from Super Shenron which was basically regeneration and beerus being unable to kill an immortal zamasu means he has mid-godly regen.

Well, I guess it makes sense, seeing as the hakai denies afterlife, which makes it impossible for a person to be reborn with a new body, and also denies type 7 immortality due to a ghost.

Why would it be referring to a resistance...

Beerus says he cannot kill an immortal Zamasu. His immortality is based on regeneration of damage and not immunity to attacks, which we see when his he takes a beating in the future by Trunks/Goku and flexes. Not to mention how in the Manga, we see Zamasu has Mid-Godly anyway with the exact same statements more or less so it's not an insane leap to think that the same statement for his anime counterpart would be referring something similar. After all, nothing in the anime suggests resistance to EE either.

If you make the claim that it's referring resistance, you are going against the whole point of Zamasu's immortality which means you need evidence for it.

Basically: Zamasu's immortality is based on regeneration, Beerus states he cannot kill immortals like Zamasu, therefore Beerus cannot bypass his regen.

Give the Ningen slayer Mid-Godly or Likely Mid-Godly smh
This

My question is: why would Zamasu be resistant to Hakai?

Zamasu pre-immortality was completely affected by Hakai and he wished for Immortality, not for being immune to Hakai

And regarding Manga Zamasu, he regenerating from Hakai is not enough proof for Mid-Godly:
Mid-Godly: The ability to regenerate from the complete erasure of body, mind, and soul
Goku didn't erase comoletely his body, mind and soul since the hakai didn't affect his whole body (it was interrupted by May). The scan used for his immortality is that not even Beerus could kill an immortal

Can anynone point out who agrees and disagrees with the upgrade?

Agree: @godofice ,@Quantu ,@Roun12 ,@LuffyRuffy46307 ,@KLOL506 ,@Vietthai96 ,@Aacthintya31 ,@TheGreatBanana ,@Dust_Collector ,@LordGriffin1000 ,@Dalesean027 ,@Dragonite007, @pineappleman, @Quasar002,@Huesito88, @Marshadow29, @Braking

Disagree: @Firestorm808, @DarkDragonMedeus, @Rez

Neutral: @Maverick_Zero_X ( since he didn't show arguments for this, so he'll be neutral, until he gives his opinion about), @Small_Ophion

What's your opinion Ant?

Last edited:
I don't think that's regeneration on a Mid-Godly level but rather just each timeline has their own version of Zamasu; erasing the present Zamasu had no effect on the one that lives in Future Trunks' timeline nor Goku Black, who came from a separate timeline altogether.

I don't think that's regeneration on a Mid-Godly level but rather just each timeline has their own version of Zamasu; erasing the present Zamasu had no effect on the one that lives in Future Trunks' timeline nor Goku Black, who came from a separate timeline altogether.
What you have said makes zero sense. What does erasing past zamasu not effecting future zamasu has anything to do with the thread? Zamasu is getting mid godly for having the ability to regenerate from soul and body EE, which is mid godly.

here's your full context, playas
Screenshot_112.png
Screenshot_113.png
Screenshot_114.png
Screenshot_115.png
Screenshot_116.png
Screenshot_117.png
Screenshot_118.png
Screenshot_119.png

This happens after Infinite Zamasu gets nuked by Zeno, and it concerns the world that Mai and Future Trunks will move into. No killing past Zamasu to kill present/Immortal Zamasu shenanigans over here.

To clarify, to be immune to the effects of the hakai is different from being able to regenerate from the hakai.

One has nothing happen while the other has you go through a process to get back to normal.

Is there general agreement that the Super Dragon Ball immortality is based off of only regen and not general resistances?

That the Hakai does affect Zamasu's body, but he regenerates from it?

To clarify, to be immune to the effects of the hakai is different from being able to regenerate from the hakai.

One has nothing happen while the other has you go through a process to get back to normal.

Is there general agreement that the Super Dragon Ball immortality is based off of only regen and not general resistances?

Honestly theres statements/feats to support both, so im not sure.

Wdym?

This isn’t for sdbh and SDBH’s is regen but what I’m using the manga and anime both have nearly the same statements and this isn’t resistance since hakai doesn’t finish him due to his immortality which is type 3 I don’t see where resistance is coming from
This thread can only go two ways either Zamasu gets possibly Mid Godly or he gets possibly resistance to existence erasure.
if it’s resistance to EE there would be no possibly but at the worst I can see Possibly/Likely Mid Godly Regen

I agree. it has already been shown that zamasu is affected by hakai when bills erased him, that is, he has no resistance to EE.Zamasu would survive because of his immortality rather than some innate resistance to the Erasure of Existence. This is also clear from the context of the scene.

It's clear that he'd be surviving the Hakai through his Immortality, and not through existence erasure resistance. His Immortality has not been shown to be an adaptionary type, he just regens off stuff thrown his way.
It's explicitly shown in the manga, yes. We're determining if we should assume the same context for the anime.

If possible, we want to note for future reference if immortality granted by the anime Super Dragon Balls are based off of only regen and not any general resistances.

It's explicitly shown in the manga, yes. We're determining if we should assume the same context for the anime.

If possible, we want to note for future reference if immortality granted by the anime Super Dragon Balls are based off of only regen and not any general resistances.
Yes, that's what I'm referring to. To my knowledge, Zamasu's Immortality has only been shown to be active through regeneration and not adaption in both mediums

Why would immortality [regen] give resistances to EE.
The context clearly attributes his survival to EE via regen.

Like, The context clearly refers to his immortality.
How did people come to the conclusion that it refers to resistance, or his past/future argument is beyond me. It seems like that the arguments are reaching for a straw that doesn't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back