• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DBS ToP Upgrades and Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree with humans being 2-C fra. The rest I agree.
I literally haven’t seen a counter for 2-C HUMAN besides the fact that he can’t be 2-C or assuming we have a different justification for it besides the one we have in the op
Humans are not 2c imho, not even close , not only were they almost crap in the ToP, krillin's fight with Gohan says absolutely nothing about their general PLs, I mean Gohan literally handled his attacks effortlessly and slapped him away like nothing
Only after using a solar flare*100 which apparently also blocks ki sensing was he able to disorient Gohan to land a blow that simply knocked him back , and did ko damage at all. Solar flare itself is capable of disorienting a stronger opponent as we saw with Goku vs ape Vegeta
Okay Krillin beating Gohan doesn’t matter according to you, but this isn’t our justification… for 2-C
I agree with the Danger Trio being 2-C for sure (and the Damage Boost/Breath attack addition for Bargomo and Lavender respectively look ok). I'm unsure about everyone else since I don't remember majority of the ToP so I can't say much.
Basically just check their top AP justifications most of them are listed as tier 4 for 2-C justifications iirc one of them even say they made 17 be “serious” and it’s still listed as tier 4

Basically just check their top AP justifications most of them are listed as tier 4 for 2-C justifications iirc one of them even say they made 17 be “serious” and it’s still listed as tier 4
I ment that i don't know if there are any antifeats since i don't remember all the fights. But if there justification are for 2-C scaling then I agree unless a solid reason against it.

People that constantly say “there’s no argument” are the same people who don’t even try to understand the other arguments. It’s been said that Goku likes to hold back when facing opponents and the bout with Goku/Gohan proved it only through tactics (idt Krillin even got a hit on them)

Tien also trains about as much as Krillin and never stopped even when after Cell yet he got 1 shotted by Gohan in base….

Tien also trains about as much as Krillin and never stopped even when after Cell yet he got 1 shotted by Gohan in base….
I find this not logical since Super has proven that people train in different ways and it's clear characters get different gains when training and they all don't have the same training method. Your other argument works though.

People that constantly say “there’s no argument” are the same people who don’t even try to understand the other arguments. It’s been said that Goku likes to hold back when facing opponents and the bout with Goku/Gohan proved it only through tactics (idt Krillin even got a hit on them)

But there is no good argument. That's why every single counter has been so thoroughly addressed.

Also Gohan didn't even one-shot Tien, he got a strong hit yes, but it was most definitely not a one-shot

I find this not logical since Super has proven that people train in different ways and it's clear characters get different gains when training and they all don't have the same training method. Your other argument works though.
It actually does though. Through training is literally either image training, ki training (the one Goku and Vegeta did), and just regular training (weights/sparring). Just because it shows different ways of it doesn’t mean it doesn’t give any increase to it which DBS has shown thoughout the series

the mere fact Tien got 1 shotted by base Gohan and Krillin winning his spars or doing ok against Goku through tactics only proves that they aren’t 2-C

Also Gohan didn't even one-shot Tien, he got a strong hit yes, but it was most definitely not a one-shot
Iirc, the moment base Gohan punched him in the stomach he was literally out of the spar within a few seconds. He 100% got 1 tapped unlike the others who got a good hit was still fighting

Iirc, the moment base Gohan punched him in the stomach he was literally out of the spar within a few seconds. He 100% got 1 tapped unlike the others who got a good hit was still fighting
Tien was able to alert Goku of Piccolo's incoming attack immediately afterwards. He didn't attack anymore, no, but the fight was already almost over to begin with and Tien himself didn't seem so horribly compromised afterwards

Oh wait, I just realized, you and I are thinking of different moments

No, when Gohan punched him in the gut, he was still very much in the fight and was preparing a Tri-Beam and all.

It actually does though. Through training is literally either image training, ki training (the one Goku and Vegeta did), and just regular training (weights/sparring). Just because it shows different ways of it doesn’t mean it doesn’t give any increase to it which DBS has shown thoughout the series

the mere fact Tien got 1 shotted by base Gohan and Krillin winning his spars or doing ok against Goku through tactics only proves that they aren’t 2-C
No it doesn't. I'm specifically refering to gains. Your saying Tien trained all the time and still got one shot. I'm saying that just because Tien didn't get more powerful with all that training, It can't be compared to another characters training as Super has shown us that characters who have done less have gotten bigger gains in a short time. The effect of training varies in Super and that's a fact.

it was not a one tap, he got punched in the gut, and was still able to get up with no visible damage, and was still able to charge up a tri beam which gohan was actually worried about, so much that he had to interrupt his fight we got to disrupt tien, he then got double axe handled into the ground and still got back up.

We just forgetting a whole episode was dedicated to Krillin getting a massive power gain......

Are we forgetting Base Gohan straight up hit Krillin twice after Krillin "TAUNTED HIM ABOUT NOT GOING FULL STRENGTH"

Are we forgetting that if Goku began to get tired after FIGHTING KRILLIN (WHOM HE ONE SHOTTED AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SERIES) Gohan straight up threatened to stop the match.

I don't even bring up Tien in the OP and yet we got to try to downplay him instead of actually addressing Krillin's feats.

Its absolutely absurd that 18 is tier 2 with no complaints but Krillin who has been shown to actually go through progression in the show, nah bro he has to be tier 4.

We just forgetting a whole episode was dedicated to Krillin getting a massive power gain......

Are we forgetting Base Gohan straight up hit Krillin twice after Krillin "TAUNTED HIM ABOUT NOT GOING FULL STRENGTH"

Are we forgetting that if Goku began to get tired after FIGHTING KRILLIN (WHOM HE ONE SHOTTED AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SERIES) Gohan straight up threatened to stop the match.

I don't even bring up Tien in the OP and yet we got to try to downplay him instead of actually addressing Krillin's feats.

Its absolutely absurd that 18 is tier 2 with no complaints but Krillin who has been shown to actually go through progression in the show, nah bro he has to be tier 4.
Very solid points. Ngl

That’s cool and all but he’s gonna go against stronger opponents so he wants people to not hold back. That doesn’t mean that Krillin can go toe to toe

Are we forgetting that if Goku began to get tired after FIGHTING KRILLIN
I honestly don’t remember this. I’ll watch a video on it but let’s not forget that Goku as usual tends to hold back to gauge someone and the purpose of the spar was for Krillin to be ready for all types of strong opponents (which he only did well with tactics)

So yeah Krillin was literally using tactics the entire time hence why he was able even keep up with Goku. Not once did Goku had heavy breathing (then again the video stops at to Krillin almost fainting and breathing hard)

Last edited:
Okay but again, even assuming all this to be true, all this would still make them 2-C

Goku would have to be holding back so much that he's only using an infinitesimal portion of his power to be even with a High 4-C opponent, and that's clearly not what's happening here given that Goku is visibly exerting some effort.

Okay but again, even assuming all this to be true, all this would still make them 2-C

Goku would have to be holding back so much that he's only using an infinitesimal portion of his power to be even with a High 4-C opponent, and that's clearly not what's happening here given that Goku is visibly exerting some effort.
Well yeah fighters can do that. Goku is fighting on Krillins lvl

Well yeah fighters can do that. Goku is fighting on Krillins lvl
Except they're never shown doing that. Whenever they hold back a ton, it shows, as they visibly do not exert much effort when doing so. Take Beerus for example. When he "fought" SSJ3 Goku, he was effortlessly dealing with him and that showed in how he acted

You need to prove that fighters in Dragon Ball have a precedent of this

That’s cool and all but he’s gonna go against stronger opponents so he wants people to not hold back. That doesn’t mean that Krillin can go toe to toe

I honestly don’t remember this. I’ll watch a video on it but let’s not forget that Goku as usual tends to hold back to gauge someone and the purpose of the spar was for Krillin to be ready for all types of strong opponents (which he only did well with tactics)
It means that Goku is not going to withhold infinite levels of strength from him. Goku is lightyears above his own SSJG form of the BoGs arc

I am trying to remember a time where Goku held back against a fighter who was infinite levels below him and yet still ran the risk of not being fresh before an actual fight where his strength was required.

No that would just mean they got good endurance and stamina. Krillin couldn’t even actually dmg Goku at all even in base

In order for Krillin to actually be 2C he has to actually physically Goku which he never did at all. I hope y’all know that’s what suppose to make then 2C. They can’t be 2C because “oh well he was keeping up with someone” when he couldn’t dmg someone of Goku’s caliber hence why I also said that Goku was holding back regardless (like he always do)

Where is the evidence that Krillin was able to physically harm Goku? I’ll watch a video regarding him vs Gohan but if he couldn’t even dmg base Gohan as well then he automatically shouldn’t even be 2-C right from the get go

No that would just mean they got good endurance and stamina. Krillin couldn’t even actually dmg Goku at all even in base

In order for Krillin to actually be 2C he has to actually physically Goku which he never did at all. I hope y’all know that’s what suppose to make then 2C. They can’t be 2C because “oh well he was keeping up with someone” when he couldn’t dmg someone of Goku’s caliber hence why I also said that Goku was holding back regardless (like he always do)
Where is the evidence that Krillin was able to physically harm Goku? I’ll watch a video regarding him vs Gohan but if he couldn’t even dmg base Gohan as well then he automatically shouldn’t even be 2-C right from the get go
I like how these arguments are from things we aren’t arguing but since you ask Goku got cut by Krillin’s destructo disc and was struggling to dodge them and had to overpower many of Krillin’s attack that were gonna send him out of bounds by turning SSJ and was visibly struggling in base
You're creating arbitrary requirements for the sake of making arbitrary requirements. Also you're ignoring other feats like Krillin matching Shosa, who could harm 18, and being unharmed by an attack from Final Form Frost
^ This

You're creating arbitrary requirements for the sake of making arbitrary requirements. Also you're ignoring other feats like Krillin matching Shosa, who could harm 18, and being unharmed by an attack from Final Form Frost
I’m literally not. I honestly forgot all about Shosa and being unharmed by an attack is Durability

Goku got cut by Krillin’s destructo disc and was struggling to dodge them and had to overpower many of Krillin’s attack that were gonna send him out of bounds by turning SSJ and was visibly struggling in base
I can see destructo disk being 2-C yeah but again Krillin was only keeping up because of tactics, not actually hurting Goku (unless with his special move)

I can see destructo disk being 2-C yeah but again Krillin was only keeping up because of tactics, not actually hurting Goku (unless with his special move)
A straight-up blast forced Goku to turn Super Saiyan though...

From when Goku turned Super Saiyan onwards, I'd most definitely agree that Krillin was only keeping up via smart tactics, but he could most definitely compete with Base Goku in straight-up combat

I’m literally not. I honestly forgot all about Shosa and being unharmed by an attack is Durability
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Universal_Energy_Systems

(Check the examples for UES)

From when Goku turned Super Saiyan onwards, I'd most definitely agree that Krillin was only keeping up via smart tactics, but he could most definitely compete with Base Goku in straight-up combat
^

Don’t know about hurt since the moment he was about to fall off that rock he looked fine and he had his guard down (he couldn’t see cause of the technique)
I would most definitely say hurt though, he was recoiling in pain. And in that same vein, Krillin would've been "unharmed" by Gohan's own punches

That’s not right there honestly doesn’t make sense since he was only being pushed by (taking no dmg at all) and only turned SSJ because he was about to go out of bounds and to get rid of the blast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back