• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DBS Goku resistances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like what? The idea itself is a complete NLF. Like, let's say I'm "immune" to a poison. What if they inject my body with literally infinite amounts of that? I'd still die.
I don't recall many with any immunity, but the ones I've seen are generally in the unconventional sense.

Someone who does not have a physical or biological (organic) body is immune to biological manipulation since he has nothing to manipulate.

Same thing for those who don't have a soul. They are immune to soul manipulation because they don't have a soul, so they have nothing for anyone to manipulate.

I don't recall many with any immunity, but the ones I've seen are generally in the unconventional sense.

Someone who does not have a physical or biological (organic) body is immune to biological manipulation since he has nothing to manipulate.

Same thing for those who don't have a soul. They are immune to soul manipulation because they don't have a soul, so they have nothing for anyone to manipulate.
Then it's not immunity the way we think about it. People are "immune" to things via being subjected to them, and having a capacity to be affected negatively by them, yet having a specific method of resistence to it. Like, you're not "immune" to computer viruses via not being a computer, they just aren't able to affect you.

Then it's not immunity the way we think about it. People are "immune" to things via being subjected to them, and having a capacity to be affected negatively by them, yet having a specific method of resistence to it. Like, you're not "immune" to computer viruses via not being a computer, they just aren't able to affect you.
For this reason, it is generally not placed on the pages.

You don't usually see someone with AE Type 1 or a Robot with "Immunity to Biological Manipulation" in the profile.

Same thing for soulless beings. For example, I think Metal Sonic has no soul (Robo), but he doesn't have "immunity to soul manipulation" in his profile.

I think very few profiles still have this listed, I remember seeing it, but I don't remember.
----------

Also, as I said, I only saw these unconventional immunities. I don't remember any character that, for example, has "immunity" to soul manipulation even though they have a soul. At most unconventional resistances, such as the soul being made of type 2 information or type 1 AE.

In fact, I'm very curious to know which characters are accepted on the wiki that have "Immunity" and are not unconventional.

Anyway, let's talk about talking about it since it's not the right place to talk about it.

He literally broke the Magic spell, which is definitely resistance to Magic. Whether or not it's also resistance to Gravity is debatable though.

he just break a very specific gravity spell, not magic as a whole, you need more proof for that, or a direct statement he resistance to magic as a whole, like in Xenoverse Demigra literally stated Goku with God Ki resist his Magic, which is a direct statement

So one of:
  • Resistance to Gravity Manipulation
  • Resistance to Magic (Gravity; ...)
I can see how either works. But since it was referred to as "breaking out of his spell", I would go with the latter.

If it’s being argued that he can resist Gas’s magic as a whole wouldn’t it include those applications since anything magic based Gas does he would technically resist by that logic?

So I think gravity manip makes sense

How is he resisting the gravity itself if he broke the spell?

I thought gravity resistance was just lifting strength

How is he resisting the gravity itself if he broke the spell?
He resisted a spell that was gravity based not the entire magic itself though if that was argued you’d be arguing he’d be resisting every application of Gas’s magic which would include it anyway

No, to resist magic doesn't require you to resist every application of magic.
If Goku resists Gas’s magic in general and not just one of his spell then that would be what it means since none of his abilities that come from his use of magic would work him but he resisted a gravity based spell meaning he would just resist that and not all applications

No, to resist magic doesn't require you to resist every application of magic.
I really don't understand when or why people got this idea that having resistance means you resist all of it or even that you have immunity. Dragon Ball even depicts this concept very clearly with Goku and Hit in the anime, with Hit adapting and freezing Goku after Goku managed to move during Time Skip.

The two points of contention seem to be:

• Did Goku resist gravity or magic?
  • Is Goku resistant to Hit's time stop even post-ToP?
Is that what I'm seeing here?
Goku's resistance to Time-Stop seems to be mostly agreed upon, but whether he has resistance to Gravity or Magic is still being argued by some, yes.

Right, so I can see the reasoning after the arguments on Time Stop and can agree to that.

As for the gravity spell, I personally think the best compromise would be a resistance to Gravity Manipulation with a possible resistance to Magic. The reason I lean this way is because Goku deals with increased levels of gravity throughout the entire series. Heck, he trained in an intensive gravity-heavy environment on his way to Namek to fight Frieza for the first time, with loads of other times occurring elsewhere. Though I'm pretty sure this is the first time gravity is used offensively against him, I feel like the results would be the same.

Right, so I can see the reasoning after the arguments on Time Stop and can agree to that.

As for the gravity spell, I personally think the best compromise would be a resistance to Gravity Manipulation with a possible resistance to Magic. The reason I lean this way is because Goku deals with increased levels of gravity throughout the entire series. Heck, he trained in an intensive gravity-heavy environment on his way to Namek to fight Frieza for the first time, with loads of other times occurring elsewhere. Though I'm pretty sure this is the first time gravity is used offensively against him, I feel like the results would be the same.
I'm fine with this interpretation, so I'll agree with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back