• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(DBS) Broly vs (Tournament of Power) Jiren

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shivansh Garg said:
This is the first time I have seen you talking about Dragon Ball, and a hell of a controversial thread we have here
You might be new here...

@Cryo, Broly's ability to grow in power isn't supposed to be NLF. Sure, he will grow in power but it might not be enough, like in the case against Gogeta. We can't make assumptions. As far as the narrative goes, Broly should be stronger than Jiren, but with whatever info we have it seems inconclusive to me.

I suppose you could make such an argument. We have never really seen a limit with it by the saiyans..other than Trunks claiming Goku and Vegeta stopped getting zenkai boosts in the manga. But I can understand that some people would find it off to just claim that there are no limits to it.

Albeit, I can compare Kale unlocking LSS2 to Broly having only FPSS (Which seems to be his own version of Kale's Berserker SS) but based upon their different abilities it seems like they have completely different mutations so I doubt we can seriously use that.

What did you disagree with in the video ? He went over the narrative, lore and the feats of both characters. Nothing he discussed was incorrect.

Stonecoldstunner said:
What did you disagree with in the video ? He went over the narrative, lore and the feats of both characters. Nothing he discussed was incorrect.
Seth has double standards, is a hyporcrite quite a lot and wanks whenever its fit. He's the guy who ignores the statements that "Fusion dance=Potara", by essentially saying that promo magazine statements don't count, yet uses the one promo statement that says that Beerus might have been surpassed to evaluate who's stronger between Broly and Jiren. And lets not forget that he says Toei Broly is stronger than Toei Gogeta because of one statement made by Takao Koyama

Ah yes because you disagree with something someone said in the past means what they say now HAS go be wrong. Grow up a little

Chartate101 said:
"Broly is not even stronger than Beerus"
shows screenshot where Goku says Broly is probably stronger than Beerus
Probably doesn't mean that Broly is stronger than Beerus. Goku wasn't sure if Broly is or is not stronger than Beerus. Meanwhile Jiren is a mortal that a GoD couldn't defeat. Big difference, therefore Jiren stomps.

How strong is Beerus by the way? If he's around the same level as TOP SSBE Vegeta then Jiren stomps. Not even a close fight

Beerus is somewhere around Third UIO Goku's level, whether weaker or stronger is unknown, IIRC.

So, he's superior to SSBE Vegeta but weaker than Full Power Base Jiren.

TheC2 said:
Beerus is somewhere around Third UIO Goku's level, whether weaker or stronger is unknown, IIRC.
Not in the anime, let's stop with the promo material which are there just to hype things up.

3rd Trigger UIO being compared to Beerus in promo material is valid to cite given that he's fighting a guy whose power was super consistently stated to be superior to the gods of destruction. Beerus was shook at the super suppressed Jiren who fought pre-UIO Goku and Whis stated that his power was on the level of a god of destruction and perhaps even superior. Then there's the whole scaling chain leading up to MUI Goku and LB Jiren.

The gap between 3rd Trigger UIO (which is inferior to a 'less than full power sans limit break' Jiren) and, say, peak ToP SSBKKx20 Goku is massive and the latter is comparable to the suppressed Jiren I described above. Early MUI is vastly superior to 3rd Trigger UIO and LB Jiren managed to get the upper hand on him for a bit and do a lot of damage.

Fusion+SSB isn't necessarily superior to MUI, we don't even have speculative multipliers for the latter and it wouldn't be the first instance of a massively superior transformation outclassing fusion (e.g: BoG SSG Goku, Buu Saga Vegito).

Jiren is also more intelligent in combat and has a lot more experience than Broly along with comparable, if not superior, AP. All in all, I think he takes it mid-difficulty after a short time fighting and picking out his weaknesses.

>Promo metairl says Broly is the strongest guy they ever faced.

Broly > Jiren

Not to mention it's almost universal rule for every new enemy to be stronger than the one before. I am pretty sure narratively Broly is superior to Jiren. That being said, he's feat and statement doesn't help his case that much, hence why anime Jiren > movie Broly

>Beerus was shook at the super suppressed Jiren who fought pre-UIO Goku

F*cking Beerus was shocked at SSBKKx10 and it meant nothing. Heck Beerus is a cheer leader who react to everything that happens on the stage.

Pretty sure Broly was meant to be stronger than Jiren but his feats doesn't classify as such due to SSBKX20 and SSBE not existing in the movie and even a Jiren using power in ep 127 has shown superior feats than SSJ Broly so I will say that LB Jiren easily stomps

LSSJ Broly vs LB Jiren is a better fight

Broly's huge LSS form is called Full Power Super Saiyan in most media. Also, remember that this is Post-Gogeta SS Broly who can eventually go FPSS so he is considerably stronger than SS Gogeta.

CryoTheMayo said:
Broly's huge LSS form is called Full Power Super Saiyan in most media. Also, remember that this is Post-Gogeta SS Broly who can eventually go FPSS so he is considerably stronger than SS Gogeta.
Really was it SSJ Broly?Looked like LSSJ Broly to me

ZERO7772 said:
I think this thread refer to Broly at his peak actually, cuz thry call his LSSJ form SSFP for some reason.
Oh I thought this thread said SSJ Broly because there is a pic of SSJ Broly

My area said:
Pretty sure Broly was meant to be stronger than Jiren but his feats doesn't classify as such due to SSBKX20 and SSBE not existing in the movie
What? This makes no sense, if anything SS Broly keeping up with SS Gogeta is a way better feat, Base Gogeta should logically be more powerful than the Anime forms from the fusion formula and boost.

Its unknown that how strong is Base Gogeta because SSBE and SSBK doesn't exists

Beside SSJ Broly was getting wrecked by SSJ Gogeta thats how I remember it

Ah SS Broly is actually FAR stronger than SSBKKx20 and SSBE.

Base Gogeta is shown to be superior to SSB and he goes SS on the top of it making his SS form the equivalent of SSBKKx50 at the very least and SS Broly was actually holding his own against that. Anime forms are none factor here.

What we don't know is how Broly compare to UI.

Anime forms would have made it better but oh well

Doesn't make sense for a 50 times SSB be equal to 50 times above SSB but alright

SSJ Broly would be conpared to ep 127 Jiren but not more

UI stomps as UI was able to match Jiren who is a being who is above GoD while Broly(Assuming it was LSSJ because Gogeta fought them and Gogeta is half Goku and Vegeta) was just probaly stronger than Beerus

>Doesn't make sense for a 50 times SSB be equal to 50 times above SSB but alright

Care to explain yourself better?

>SSJ Broly would be conpared to ep 127 Jiren but not more

Not really. This is post-ToP Goku with all the zenkai and training he did so SS Broly is much more impressive than ep 127 Jiren.

>was just probaly stronger than Beerus

Fair point. Jiren has better feat and hype than Broly, even though Broly is supposed to be stronger.

My area said:
Anime forms would have made it better but oh well
Doesn't make sense for a 50 times SSB be equal to 50 times above SSB but alright

SSJ Broly would be conpared to ep 127 Jiren but not more

UI stomps as UI was able to match Jiren who is a being who is above GoD while Broly(Assuming it was LSSJ because Gogeta fought them and Gogeta is half Goku and Vegeta) was just probaly stronger than Beerus
Broly stomps because he is literally stated as the strongest enemy twice and was able to push Gogeta(a fused character) to Blue, remember how Kefla was stated to be able to oneshot a UI omen Goku, yeah replace Kefla with a fused Goku and Vegeta Blue post TOP.

SS Gogeta is vastly superior to SSB Goku + Vegeta. SSB is that multiplied by an unknown quantity (at least hundreds of times considering SSB >> SSG >> SS3). Base Gogeta was also depicted as being capable of fighting SS Broly on a similar level which would make Base Gogeta more powerful than SSB Goku + Vegeta.

Base Gogeta = SSB Goku

SS Gogeta = 50x SSB Goku

SSB Gogeta = ??? (Hundreds of times SS Gogeta, likely making him at least thousands of times SSB Goku)

This is all compared to Post-ToP SSB Goku who is akin to...I think it was second UIO Goku?

With such logic in mind SS Broly should be at least 40x Post-ToP Goku (if we go based on the accepted scaling of SS = 40x boost) and would have become dozens or hundreds of times stronger as he scaled to SSB Gogeta (tanking several direct energy attacks) and can further transform into his full power state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back