• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DBH stuff again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I think Time Power should have Information Manipulation (Type 2). Here's why:

In the game multiverse there exists the Ziku World. This world is a very special dimension as it's completely made up of fundamental information that shapes reality itself. To explain it shortly, this very same information draws & creates the very boundaries that build & shape this world and altering this information in any way would not only alter the entirety of the Ziku World itself but also even the inhabitants in the Ziku World would be changed aswell. Simply put, the space-time created by mortals which is known as the Ziku World is made up of and fundamentally comprised of information which shapes reality itself and all its inhabitants so affecting this world should qualify for Information Manipulation type 2. Now, who would scale to this?

The first obvious candidate is Time Power. This is especially the case with Aios whose plan was to erase all dimensions/space-times except for the CC timeline due to winning the Super Space-Time Tournament. With the CC timeline being the confirmed dimension that would have survived this multiversal erasure, Aios would logically have to erase the Ziku World dimension entirely aswell, in order to accomplish her goal of only a single space-time/dimension remaining.

Another candidate is Mechikabura. He was confirmed several times to have consumed absolutely everything, all dimensions, the world etc etc... This would more than likely include the Ziku World as the characters go so far as to say that there's literally nothing left anymore but darkness.

As a bonus, regular Ki users can affect this world so better NPI I guess

Tldr:​

Time Power should gain Type 2 Information Manipulation due to affecting the Ziku World. With Aios' goal to erase all dimensions and Mechikabura consuming absolutely everything, it is more than likely that the Ziku World is included in this aswell. Note that erasing/affecting the Ziku World specifically is what primarily matters here

Agree - Quantu, Boyinluv2002, LuffyRuffy46307, ImmortalDread, Braking, LordGriffin1000, DarkDragonMedeus, Vietthai96, Ottavio_Merluzzo, Elizhaa, GarrixianXD, Emirp sumitpo
Disagree - segetero (Neutral about NPI), theglassman12
Neutral - StrymULTRA

Last edited:
Disagree. This seems only to be a multi-player function that does not seem to have something to do in the story, AKA a game mechanic.

EDIT: Did not see the full album for some reason, I dunno to be honest, this does not really say that in-verse it is made of information.

EDIT: Did not see the full album for some reason, I dunno to be honest, this does not really say that in-verse it is made of information.
Imgur is a bitch sometimes

The "Ziku" who explains the Ziku World stuff is actually a robot created by Bulma (basically a little helper for the main gang) so it is actually an in-verse explanation of the world

Imgur is a bitch sometimes

The "Ziku" who explains the Ziku World stuff is actually a robot created by Bulma (basically a little helper for the main gang) so it is actually an in-verse explanation of the world
Ok but:
  • A literal wireless multiplayer function of the game is not grounds for the thing made literally of datas.
  • The fact that the Wifi connection changes the Ziku is a bit too meta tbh, it does not exactly say that the fundamental reality is made of datas. Changing characters is something that can be done from simply data manip.

Last edited:
A literal wireless multiplayer function of the game is not grounds for the thing made literally of datas.
It's stated that the Wi-fi networks do create the boundaries of the Ziku World so that's simply not the case
The fact that the Wifi connection changes the Ziku is a bit too meta tbh, it does not exactly say that the fundamental reality is made of datas. Changing characters is something that can be done only from data manip.
How is it meta? Affecting the info of the wi-fi changes the Ziku World's properties, boundaries and the world itself which is a real existing space-time. I don't see how regular data manip can affect real existing, physical space-times and real characters

It's stated that the Wi-fi networks do create the boundaries of the Ziku World so that's simply not the case

How is it meta? Affecting the info of the wi-fi changes the Ziku World's properties, boundaries and the world itself which is a real existing space-time. I don't see how regular data manip can affect real existing, physical space-times and real characters
Alright, show me the Wifi connection existing in-verse.

Doesn't Undertale do some meta irl stuff too or am I just finally losing my mind
That is used in-verse in a very explicit way though, the whole plot is around that :x.

I am iffy because this case is really just multi-player stuff which... I dunno man it's weird. Is the Wifi thing even mentioned in the actual story?

I mean, if it helps, they do actually acknowledge in-verse a lot of actual meta stuff like when Nappa explained how to press the A button to attack him
Issue here it's that characters explaining how the mechanics works is just usual video game stuff with no real 4th wall breaking.

Plus I think that for Info Type 2 you need a lot more than just changing characters, ngl.

Issue here it's that characters explaining how the mechanics works is just usual video game stuff with no real 4th wall breaking.

Plus I think that for Info Type 2 you need a lot more than just changing characters, ngl.
Nappa and Raditz literally have an entire conversation with the MC explaining all the battle types and proceed to beat his ass until he's chosen the right one

The entire Ziku World is also changed btw so it's not just the characters. It's the world and everyone in it so that should qualify for Info Type 2

But anyways, I might as well to a do a vote list so should I put you in disagreeing or neutral?

Neutral I think.
okily-dokily.gif

It's my birthday today, so I'm focused on other things at the moment but while that world could fit Information Type 2. Would the characters consuming it/erasing it really scale? They are effecting the world but are they interacting with the information directly? You said they would get NPI so I'm assuming normal people can't interact with that world? Is that due to it being information?

It's my birthday today, so I'm focused on other things at the moment but while that world could fit Information Type 2. Would the characters consuming it/erasing it really scale? They are effecting the world but are they interacting with the information directly? You said they would get NPI so I'm assuming normal people can't interact with that world? Is that due to it being information?
Happy birthday!🎂

Anyways, the world itself is purely made of info so to erase it they'd have to affect it directly to do the job. As for NPI, regular Ki users can somewhat affect it but yeah, normal people obviously can't affect info

Happy birthday!🎂

Anyways, the world itself is purely made of info so to erase it they'd have to affect it directly to do the job. As for NPI, regular Ki users can somewhat affect it but yeah, normal people obviously can't affect info
Thank you.

Ok then. I guess it's fine if it's pure information.

Not how it works. AE is about concepts.
Abstract Existence is the ability to embody an abstraction, such as a concept, thought, or information, and being immortal thanks to it. This power has a variety of uses, ranging from a high degree of control over the abstraction and its manifestations, the aforementioned immortality, or even being unaffected by abilities that can't target the abstraction.
It is more than concept. So AE also works here mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back