• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dawn ability removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tllmbrg

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Oh sweet Dawn why must your powers be wack?

I'll keep it short, fear manipulation is blatantly wrong since by that logic anyone who creeps people out gets that.
Telepathy should be replaced with info analysis due to her not knowing what they're thinking but rather details about them.
Also unless lucid dreams (which is something you can train to have) give you resistance to dream manipulation then that should also be removed

So since we're the only 2 supporters and you're an admin can this revision be applied? (You can give me rollback and I'll do the edits)

Only Bureaucrats can give rollback rights, surprised you didn't get recommended for Content Mod yet though.

Oh I see, should I ask AKM or something to give me that then? (My grammar probably blocks me from being a content mod as of now)

Last edited:
Also maybe we should just remove the precognition?

If Dawn had you'd think she'd not get completely ****** over by Scott planting fake evidence for her

After you say if you agree precognition needs to be nuked of the page then yes

Oh yeah, forgot about that, but I'm in a hurry, so I can't. I agree with the removal though.

After you say if you agree precognition needs to be nuked of the page then yes
Oh yeah, forgot about that, but I'm in a hurry, so I can't. I agree with the removal though.
Uh, you're both wrong. Precognition is actually a thing Dawn has. She literally predicted Dakotazoid's mutation, which is a major plot point in Revenge of the Island. Heck, if you look in her TD Wiki article, she actually said she could predict people's futures: https://totaldrama.fandom.com/wiki/Dawn

Then why couldn't she predict Scott framing her?

Heck she never even called out a specific event, just that something bad will happen to Dakota

Then why couldn't she predict Scott framing her?

Heck she never even called out a specific event, just that something bad will happen to Dakota
IF Dakota stayed on the island, Dawn stated. It's not as generic as you claim it is. And also, she actually tried using these abilities outside of Dakotazoid, specified when she questioned why her tea leaves didn't predict a mollusk-tree laying a beat-down on B.

Also, her not calling Scott's plans would come from the same explanation for her not reacting to Izzy's ambush on her: Dawn's psychic abilities in general are flawed. I never said Dawn's psychic abilities, let alone her precognition were perfect. Just because the precognition isn't the "I'll be stabbed through the navel at 5 PM by a man with a spear" type doesn't mean it doesn't exist: it can have flaws so long as there's still things that show its existence: the 18-day time frame for instance, along with her actively using the tactic (the tea leaves). If it had to be perfect, why are there "minor" ratings in ability listings?

Last edited:
How her saying if she stayed is more specific?
Like I fail to see how going "oh if they stay on this clearly dangerous island then bad stuff will happen to them" is a better indication of precognition then her saying "bad stuff will happen to her"
Heck how is predicating Scott will try setting her up less specific then claiming she predicted Dakotzoid?
If anything I'd imagine the former would be easier since you'd be inferring more based on Scott's obvious motives

Also I'd like a scan for her speaking about the tea leaves because I re-watched all of the season and I don't remember that at all

How her saying if she stayed is more specific?
Like I fail to see how going "oh if they stay on this clearly dangerous island then bad stuff will happen to them" is a better indication of precognition then her saying "bad stuff will happen to her"
Heck how is predicating Scott will try setting her up less specific then claiming she predicted Dakotzoid?
If anything I'd imagine the former would be easier since you'd be inferring more based on Scott's obvious motives

Also I'd like a scan for her speaking about the tea leaves because I re-watched all of the season and I don't remember that at all
1. Just the fact that she said "If she stayed" is more specific; it adds a condition.
2. You got it wrong! I'm saying that the reason why she wasn't able to predict Scott's plans is the same reason why she got ambushed by Izzy: her psychic abilities in general are flawed.
3. Here ya go:

Or to make things easier, here's the line: "Oh..! The tea leaves said nothing about this!"

if anything, I'd personally think saying "minor precognition" is easier than outright removing it and leaving people wondering what else predicting the future would fall under.

(The wiki implied that Dawn reads her tea leaves each and every morning, but the best I got was that scene and her audition tape, so at least we can agree that her tea leaves are equipment): Text used because this forum automatically embeds video links for some reason)

Update: Direct quote from Dawn on the matter of Dakotazoid: "A great darkness is surrounding Dakota. If she stays, disaster will befall her." At least the first sentence gives us the "how did she know?" The ability to sense negative energy isn't something we can readily associate with any of our ability pages, though.

Last edited:
@DarkDragonMedeus Well as you there's an argument at hand

@Flashlight237
1. Couldn’t she be inferring of the negative energy, again I think it’s pretty obvious bad stuff will happen on the island since radioactive powered animals

2. Even if we’d assume she had the powers, if the best she can do is predict that in a few days something bad will happen to someone on a clearly dangerous island I think it should just have “Not Battle applicable” at that point

3. I suppose she can have tea leaves as optional equipment, but like she can’t even use it in straight combat so is it even worth it outside prep stuff?

@Flashlight237
1. Couldn’t she be inferring of the negative energy, again I think it’s pretty obvious bad stuff will happen on the island since radioactive powered animals

2. Even if we’d assume she had the powers, if the best she can do is predict that in a few days something bad will happen to someone on a clearly dangerous island I think it should just have “Not Battle applicable” at that point

3. I suppose she can have tea leaves as optional equipment, but like she can’t even use it in straight combat so is it even worth it outside prep stuff?
1. I think it's a bit more supernatural than that since the same "negative energy" deal was used to identify snowball bombs that were, quite frankly, innocent looking and had literally no explanation for why they suddenly turned into a bomb and blew up.

2. That or "minor", I wouldn't care which.

3. Unless if there's something that supports the tea leaves being standard equipment, yeah, I can easily agree to them being optional.

And that aura thing is used both for clairvoyance and info analysis
Honestly what prevents her from using the other 2 to guess that something bad will happen to her?

I'd prefer not battle applicable

About removing precognition or adding None Battle Applicable to it?

I suppose just making it non combat applicable Clairvoyance.

This seems uncontroversial to apply, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back