• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Darth Vader vs Jericho Swain

ThePerpetual

VS Battles
Retired
Darth Vader

Tyrant Swain

A battle of armored dark lords of dark armies. Also it sounds cool.

Battle to KO/Death/Incapacitation, takes place in some random ruins-like environment, starts at a distance of 100 meters. Neither side gets prep, both in-character, and prior knowledge is limited to the opponent's name and status as the enemy force's leader. All standard equipment is available. Who wins? Stating your reasoning is appreciated, as always.

Gonna say Swain on this one. A lot of Vader's mind manipulating attacks wouldn't work on him, and he can teleport away from the rest of his attacks. Plus, whatever damage Vader inflicts on Swain can just be healed with Ravenous Flock. Vader may be faster, but Swain has the reflexes to keep up with him and can slow him down with Decrepify and Nevermove, and he outclasses Vader in every other stat.

Also, Perp, that's Empowered Swain after he commanded the full strength of Noxus, where he's said to be strong enough to defeat full-sized Cho'gath (putting him at planet). I don't know if that's intended or not.

No, this is the one after ascending to Tyrant Swain, but without any prep time to increase his power to levels with an unknown maximum. I.e. The middle stat block.

I should go and add a key someday...

At any rate, vote's 2-1 now.

I should also point out that there is no "middle stat block" now as per what was mentioned above, seeing as League characters in general have undergone edits. Here's some links to the characters in question, for convenience's sake:

Darth Vader

Jericho Swai

Hold on a second, since when did Swain use time powers? If it's the thing he used on Jarvan it's more like petrification than anything. Not to mention I don't think Swain dealt with mind control on Darth Vader's scale. And where did he teleport again? Could've been flash in the cinematic but I can't see it

Not able to fully debate but there has been some noticeably questionable things in League lately.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
Hold on a second, since when did Swain use time powers? If it's the thing he used on Jarvan it's more like petrification than anything. Not to mention I don't think Swain dealt with mind control on Darth Vader's scale. And where did he teleport again? Could've been flash in the cinematic but I can't see it
Not able to fully debate but there has been some noticeably questionable things in League lately.

Swain doesn't have time manipulation. In the cinematic that was Cassiopeia's ult not Swain. He teleported in his fight with Darkwill's son in the Journal of Justice.

Ah just noticed her

Well anyway mind linking me to it? Or at least to the phrase? Can't seem to find that.

And Weekly, would you care to explain where Lissandra and Brand gets multi-continent scaling from? Because last I heard they were a solid continental 'if given time'

Core, I was going to get back to you on this, remember? Give me time, and please don't derail the thread. This is a Vs Thread, not a revision thread.

Don't know about this being derailing. This seems pretty relevant considering the Continental Scaling affects many characters and could greatly affect the outcome of this battle. And I was actually asking Weekly since I knew you were busy. You told me once that you discussed this with him before right so I said to myself why not ask someone else who knows?

I'll just start a discussion thread then on that later then

Well I don't wanna derail the thread but this is relevant to it. Here, "I heard him say 'watch closely,' and he vanished ― then reappeared behind Keiran.

Back