• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Darth Sidious takes on a Gauntlet.

Aparajita

VS Battles
Retired
Round 1: Sidious vs Naruto and Sasuke.

Round 2: Sidious vs Saitama.

Round 3: Sidious vs Shadow Mewtwo.

Round 4: Sidious vs Goku (Saiyan Saga).

Bonus Round: Sidious vs Kirby. (is joke, could Sidious win with speed equal?)

Darth Sidious
Sidious is allowed to heal and recharge after each fight.

Sidious from EU/DE.

How far does he get?

Sidious most likely blitzes and haxes everyone to death.

As for Kirby, I could see Sidious winning due to hax, at least with speed equalized.

The Everlasting said:
Sidious most likely blitzes and haxes everyone to death.
As for Kirby, I could see Sidious winning due to hax, at least with speed equalized.
With Speed Equalized, how far would he get?

Well, having just read the subatomic matter evidence directly, I am starting to realize that part of the Jedi powerset is extremely overhyped. Still, I think the first and third battles are the hardest for him if speed is equalized, not counting the bonus round. This is just because his mindhax is so potent.

For the first round, with speed equalized, my question is: exactly how many people did Sidious mindrub? If its only something in the millions, then Naruto and Sasuke have a precedent for resisting it (Infinite Tsukuyomi) and I supposed it would come down to what other haxes he has/whether force crush is accepted as an actual solution to them (I would argue against it personally considering the nature of Chakra but w/e). But yea, how many people did he affect?

If its not speed equalized, he just blitzes the hax resistant ones and haxes the speedy ones, so he clears. I'll leave the bonus round to people who know Kirby well.

The Everlasting said:
He can simultaneously mindf**k trillions of people at once.
Did he mindwipe all of Coruscant or just the areas that could see his ship? For whatever reason, this isn't in his profile and every reference I have seen is very vague.

Yeah, he mindwiped all of Coruscant, not to mention he literally hid his presence from the entire galaxy, including the very telepathically powerful Jedi Council.

Alakabamm said:
The Everlasting said:
He can simultaneously mindf**k trillions of people at once.
Did he mindwipe all of Coruscant or just the areas that could see his ship? For whatever reason, this isn't in his profile and every reference I have seen is very vague.
He did it all, twice actually. Because rumors were spreading about the crashed Starship, so he decided to wipe the entire planet's mind.

He can TP across the Galaxy to contact Mara Jade, and TK across the galaxy to choke Dooku through a Holocrom..

He can alter objects on the subatomic scale, as he was able to alter a holocrom, which requires percise changes on a subatomic scale to alter them.

I'd actually be willing to debate Speed Equalized Naruto and Sasuke vs Sidious.

Well, if he actually did mindwipe trillions of people, I am not willing to debate Naruto and Sasuke because they would lose. But I'd like to bring that feat into question because the one source I found suggests otherwise. Here's the quote I stole:

Could the Emperor's power through the dark side of the Force have been sufficient to compel thousands or millions of people to forget having seen the Lusankya being buried? Source: X-Wing: Krytos Trap

She renamed the vessel Lusankya, and, with help from the Emperor's mind-fogging powers, Imperial engineers buried the tremendous battleship beneath the cityscape in Coruscant's Manarai Mountain district. Source: The New Essential Guide to Characters

This seems to imply that he mindrubbed thousands to millions of people, not a trillion. I also saw another source where he leeched off 20 billion people, but that was on a "dark force conduit planet," which means the feat could be heavily dependent on that factor as well. I just want to know what it is that makes people say "trillion" and not million.

I haven't seen any of the extended universe of star wars books, however from the movies he would probably lose from the first round. Either way it just doesn't feel right saying he's actually realtivistic when he literally got killed by getting throwing off a high place. That moon level durabiity doesn't make any sense either. There's a lot i don't get in the EU universe like how inconsistent it is. For one thing we never actually see Darth Sidious or any sith blitzing even people like storm troopers. Kind of feels like more PIS from the expanded universe than actually feats to be honest.

Alakabamm said:
This seems to imply that he mindrubbed thousands to millions of people, not a trillion. I also saw another source where he leeched off 20 billion people, but that was on a "dark force conduit planet," which means the feat could be heavily dependent on that factor as well. I just want to know what it is that makes people say "trillion" and not million.
The population of Coruscant is 3 trillion.

@Aurasuke: That's because stuff are different in the novels/books compared to what anybody would see from the movies.

CrossverseCrisis said:
@Aurasuke: That's because stuff are different in the novels/books compared to what anybody would see from the movies.
No, its because fiction is an inconsistent mess we're trying to pretend we can make consistent in an objective fashio

Remember kids, this hobby is 90% flying by the seat of our pants as we form opinions on what works and doesn't work

Aurasuke said:
I haven't seen any of the extended universe of star wars books, however from the movies he would probably lose from the first round. Either way it just doesn't feel right saying he's actually realtivistic when he literally got killed by getting throwing off a high place. That moon level durabiity doesn't make any sense either. There's a lot i don't get in the EU universe like how inconsistent it is. For one thing we never actually see Darth Sidious or any sith blitzing even people like storm troopers. Kind of feels like more PIS from the expanded universe than actually feats to be honest.
Well, you're welcome to think what you want, but the calculations are widely accepted that puts Darth Malak at Rel+, meaning Sidious should be *far* faster, as the stronger in the Force you are, the stronger your abilities are.

We actually see Sidious fight... plenty of people, including characters in the movies like Plo Koon and Yoda, who are both exceptionally skilled and agile enemies, not to mention Darth Maul among others.

ChaosTheory123 said:
CrossverseCrisis said:
No, its because fiction is an inconsistent mess we're trying to pretend we can make consistent in an objective fashio
Remember kids, this hobby is 90% flying by the seat of our pants as we form opinions on what works and doesn't work
Alright, alright. Fine. To be fair, i've never read the EU stories of Star Wars. If anything, i should just shut up and let this roll by me. *Shrugs*/

Aparajita said:
Alakabamm said:
Two things:

1. Any other source have I seen online (all three wikis I have seen) say Coruscant has a population of one trillion.

2. Just because Coruscant has a population of one trillion doesn't mean Sidious mindrubbed one trillion people. It says he mindrubbed people who saw his ship. That's why I am very doubtful about this claim. I'd like to know why everyone is saying it is the entire planet, not the people who saw the ship.

CrossverseCrisis said:
Alright, alright. Fine. To be fair, i've never read the EU stories of Star Wars. If anything, i should just shut up and let this roll by me. *Shrugs*/
Not like I'm saying not to have fun, just trying to note that we should never bullshit ourselves

No series I've encountered is some special snow flake of consistency

They're all muddled with some form or another of hack writing that, from the point of view of our hobby, makes it inconsistent. Flows nicely and works for story purposes. Works **** all for actually making heads or tails of how powerful anything is in a consistent statistical model.

That's just my take on things though *shrugs*

@ChaosTheory123: Alright, fair enough.

Anyways, are we going to discuss if Sidious takes this or will we just go off-topic and try to determine how broken and OP Sidious force hax actually is.

Round 2 and 4 have no meaningful resistance feats to my knowledge

Don't know anything about Nardo

Not familiar with that incarnation of Mewtwo

Know nothing about Kirby

Sorry, i was refering to the others. Not you, Chaos. Your good.

For rounds 2 and 4, i agree. As far as i've known for both chars, they've never encountred hax as powerful as someone like Sidious.

Shadow Mewtwo is just some OP version of the pokemon. Don't know if it's any different from the original aside from being more powerful, i assume.

Naruto, Sasuke, and Kirby? Eh.....

Alakabamm said:
Aparajita said:
Alakabamm said:
Two things:
1. Any other source have I seen online (all three wikis I have seen) say Coruscant has a population of one trillion.

2. Just because Coruscant has a population of one trillion doesn't mean Sidious mindrubbed one trillion people. It says he mindrubbed people who saw his ship. That's why I am very doubtful about this claim. I'd like to know why everyone is saying it is the entire planet, not the people who saw the ship.
Is it 1 Trillion? Then 1 trillion it is. Not to mention most of (if not all) of the Imperial Army and Navy officers.

Well, the question was posed if Sidious could take it with speed equalized. I'm just looking for information on his mindrub capacity honestly. Also, finding Coruscants population is a gigantic pain. Did Lucas retcon Coruscant's population or something? It says - in an early roleplay Star Wars set - that Coruscant has a population of 1 trillion but there's a ton of threads on it, some saying that it is as high as 100 trillion.

I say he only makes it to mewtwo and since kirby is multi solar system now i don't think he can deal with that. If speed equalized and it's reborn sidious(aka clone sidious) i say he wins via his hax with little difficultly.

Well anyway, a lot of the calculations on this site are questionable to say the least. one of those reasons may be because the authors don't actually state explicitly the speed fo their characters or actually care about such things when they are drawing/writing. For instance White Beard gets killed by a gun (I know he was injured and he's dying but with his mountain/island level durability you think it wold give him some protection, but nope, he got killed by a simple relic pistol that probably fires supersonic at best and contains lead balls that wouldn't even hurt Luffy).

To be honest I don't really consider anything outside of the original 6 movies to be cannon for starwars. Since they weren't written by the original writer, it's more like official fanfiction if you ask me. The original 6 movies were great (though I kind of prefered the first 3 episodes due to better effects and stuff), and some of the stories aren't bad either, but the one's I've read are all part of the movie cannon.

It also seems kind of insane saying that Sidious or Vader is realtivistic since the EU does actually accept the original cannon movies. If they really were that fast and powerful they would be fightning like Meliodas or Luffy or something instead of deflecting lasers they would simply just literally one shot all the rebels/droids etc.

I'm pretty sure George Lucas wasn't thinking dragon ball z when he made star wars.

You sure type a lot to say "I don't like this and desire to ignore it" :hmm

No one's asking you about canon. Especially when what you think is "canon" doesn't matter in this thread.

The OP specified EU/DE Sidious. You discuss EU/DE Sidious.

Now let's stop pretending Lucas gave it any thought further than the initial "I wish I had the rights to Flash Gordan" and the later ammended "look at all this money I have to swim in"

Now it is up to Overlord Mickey Mouse to determine their own canon while EU/Legends just gets to exist as its own separate continuity

Well at any rate I don't know enough details Expanded EU to know who really wins. Well I'm going to assume he at least loses to Goku due to massive speed difference and AP difference. Saitama also may take it if he can get a good punch (which somehow is half the big bang so he could probably punch the air and he'll be fine), there's always the argument that only Sage techniques work on Naruto and Sasuke in Six Paths form, and I have no idea about anything for Shadow mewtwo.

Aurasuke said:
Alakabamm said:
ChaosTheory123 said:
Now it is up to Overlord Mickey Mouse to determine their own cano
I'll admit, I laughed at this one.
I didn't quite get it lol, is it just the ridculousness of it all?
No it's a joke about Disney acquiring the rights to Star Wars and whatever shenanigans are going to result because of that

Back