• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Darkstalkers Discussion Thread: Embrace the Dark

I'll open a thread in the questions forum.

Edit: It's still 3-C

Last edited:
Should Powered-up Lord Raptor and Oboro Bishamon be featured in the respective profiles?

Both are not canon, but the first may have a possibly 4-C tier for being superior to restricted Pyron and Demitri ("Enough power to rule the world" granted by a guy who already is above them due to being A+ Class) and the second is an interesting case, since it's always Bishamon but in full control of his powers due to having suppressed Hannya and Kien.

Last edited:
In Darkstalkers 3 Bishamon's body is made of souls, is this another evidence for Non-physical interaction? The armor is still tangible, but I don't think they only hurt it and not the body. It would also make sense, since basically everyone can manipulate souls, it wouldn't be strange if they could touch them. Pyron is defined as a spiritual entity, so this may be already an evidence of them touching souls, and not just interact with pure energy.

That's what I said, maybe I badly explained myself.
I meant that being able to touch Bishamon's ghostly body could be added as another evidence to non-physical interaction that they already have.

Since I need to make Ozom's profile before creating Lord Raptor's (I need it to justify the possibly 4-C, but I would have made it anyway) can someone confirm me that Majigen is a 4-A-worthy structure? Because Ozom's soul was used to create it, and since strength of the soul = power it scales.

Majigen is an actual place and we see that it contains at least one sun and some other stars visible in the background.

Is this enough for 4-A, or should it be 4-B, high 4-C or I don't know

Honestly if it has multiple stars it should be 4-A, that means constellations exist

Also was it talked about Pyron becoming a universe in his ending already?

To be fair we use for fighting games sometimes non canon stuff, as long as its not something like trying to have a fodder scale to a god tier for example

Could be a possibly 3-A if we are not too fond on it

That may be a key on its own, totally unrelated by everything else, because is a consequence of Pyron eating everything in his own ending.
I could even see it, honestly.

My doubt is if he actually became one with the universe or he is considered the universe due to being the last thing remained.

@Schee I think we can afford to be elastic with non-canonicity, as long as we keep them related only to their own instances. I mean, Dee, Oboro Bishamon, "Ultimate Raptor" and even some powers come from non-canon endings and stuff, but it still is something in the realm of possibilities inside the canon.

In this case universal Pyron could have his own key, we just shouldn't scale anyone to him.

I personally dont think something non canon for fighting games should be disregarded, unless like i said its a fodder character beating a god tier and used to argue scaling to that

Also fair enough on Pyron i suppose

Yeah no one scales, but I suppose 3A after consuming the universe is fine, hell his absorption is a canon ability

My problem with universal Pyron is what's written in there.

He consumed everything and became the center of the universe, "He might as well call himself "The Universe" "

I think it refers more to the fact that only Pyron remained, since everything became part of him, he is the only thing in the universe, thus he basically is the universe.
At that point he might as well be large as multiple galaxies, but not as the whole observable universe, since most of it is empty space.

Imho, non-canon stuff in fighting games can be used as long as it is in the realm of possibilities, looking at case to case instances for scaling and such.

I mean, Jedah has the Shintai on the profile, and it clearly didn't happen, but I agree that it should be there, since it's a possibility.

Regarding Pyron, I can ask in the question forum about the size of the whole, composite matter of the universe (or stars and such if they don't count as matter), to determine the size and tier of Pyron, then make a quick CRT afterwards.

Just a thing, since the size of Pyron is determined by his graviational orbit, does that mean that he is larger (I don't know how much) than what he consumed?

Because that would change things, since Pyron would eventually be way larger than the entire content of the universe.

I talked about it with DDM, and Pyron in the end would still likely be 3-C but on a higher level.

That's because we don't have a proper value of how much he grew in size.
The GBE of the entire universe is only 4-A, thus knowing that he ate everything isn't useful at all.

And it's also unknown how much he grows each time he eats something, we only know that it can't be proportional.

I guess that an ending key would be at least 3-C for being bigger than before, maybe a possibly higher if we want to dare.

The universe is mostly empty space, eating a galaxy by eating all of its content wouldn't make you big as the galaxy itself.

And that also assuming he consumed even all the stars, moons, meteors, the random giant masses of gas and dust and all the other space stuff instead of just planets as stated by the ending.

The fact that he became larger than two times the Milky Way proves that he doesn't grow proportially to what he eats, but we don't know at what rate he grows, how much he ate since he became a cosmic being and else.

Maybe, but it's difficult to calc someone small crushing a star, generally is something done by someone big.
I wanted to use that for Pyron because he compares his current power to the ability of crushing or destroy a star, so it should give an indication that he his "power level" is around "star level", but I'm not sure how he could crush something way bigger than him, at least not literally.

Without further references I don't think it can be placed as anything different from star level, it should also be baseline atm.

I just rewatched the OVA after some years, it still is an absolute blast in terms for the narrative side and the fighting scenes, let alone drawings and animations. There also also things that are surprisingly accurate with stuff in the guides that I didn't know at the time.
It also tries to use at the best it cann all the characters, there was the potential for a whole, long series.
On top of that, it's literally a supermarket of feats. I can see profiles for Donovan, Pyron, Demitri, Huitzil, Morrigan and perhaps some others.

(the subtitles in that video are identical to the english dub, which can be found on youtube anyway).

Bonus: weirdest line

Last edited:
No, it has several differences, both in the characters' personality and the events, which also don't connect with Vampire Savior (due to it being released the same year as the ova).
Even production-wise, it's a licensed product made by third parties, not directly related to the games and Capcom itself, much like the shitty american toon.

Well, yesterday I finally read the famous comics (there was a very nice bundle of Udon stuff months ago on humble bundle), they are enjoyable indeed, but the most surprising thing is... the Huitzil speed feat doesn't exists!

They fly in space, yes, but they don't go much farther than outside Earth to and they do it in an unknown timeframe. They never reach intergalactic distances, they only go there to welcome Pyron who was already arrived around the planet.
At this point I have no idea where the death Battle stuff took that feat, they either made it up or (most likely) they misread stuff from the files and the endings, and mixed up everything with the comics or such.

Also, in the comics Anita is freaking op

She casts a penance stare-like on Bishamon, forcing him to witness the same amount of suffering and pain she felt from the moment she saw her family being slaughtered by Darkstalkers, to the point that Hannya and Kien can't endure it and the possession breaks. Later, she strips Pyron of his powers, makes him physical again (despite him being non-corporeal since millions of years) and then yeets Demitri, his castle and a huge junk of dirt right into space.

I FOUND THE GUIDES!

Unfortunately, they're in japanese, but it's always better than nothing
Internet Archive is a blessed place

All About Vampire: The Night Warriors
All About Vampire Savior
Hey, I know this is unrelated to the thread, but have you come across Vampire: Night Warrior Taizen or either Vampire no Nazo or Vampire Hunter no Nazo?

Those are the last three with hidden Darkstalkers lore, and the All About series, fan works, and Secret Files are already scanned online.

It is totally related, no worries.

Unfortunately I didn't find them, just people selling those books on ebay and such. It would be awesome to find a translation just like we managed to do with the first guides, maybe one day I will dig more deeply to see what I can find.

Back