• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Darkrai vs Plutomon

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
How did Cal not do this? These guys are perfect for each other.

Pokemon Boogeymon vs Digimon Hades

Low 2-C for both

Nothing needs to be equalized.

FIGHT!!!!

Darkrai: 0

Plutomo: 0

Draw: 0

Darkrai Pokémon Mundo Megamisterioso
Plutomon crusader

darkrai seems to have the better stats having atleast universe level+ except for the unknown range and his void or/and reality manipulation would probably counter Plutomon's most powerful ability of banishing his opponent into the dark area. With what i found Darkrai wins might be tough but i beleive from the pages Plutomon loses.

bypass conventional durability by destroying the soul directly.(from dobermon page) just allows him to hurt Darkrai. And the best move would be Grau Lärm which i would think goes like a powerful disable plus it is amplified and the main move that I can see helping plutomon win the battle. i have a problem with Schwarz Strahl because it spesifically says that he fires a black beam penetrating its opponents body,destroying their Digicore. because that spesifically says Digicore which doesnt mean a soul because it is a physical thing which Darkrai is not. other then that my last answer has stated the main way i can see Plutomon winning is with Grau larm but thats still an unsertency.

A Digicore is not physical. It is a soul. Digicores=Soul. Look up Executo N0's Digimon Physiology blog.

i said that from a quick search and previous memoryso i will check

edit: yeah sorry its a 'program'

from the quote from the blog

"The body of a Digimon is organized by DigiCore, it is a program that indicates how a Digimon works"

Also stated to be the soul. And thus here we treat Digicore based attacks as soul attacks.

Digicores cannot directly be equated to souls as they are much more than that. They are what make a Digimon, say Agumon, an Agumon, and thus digicores represent the digimon's identity, traits, behaviors, their very existence, functions, their mind, life, soul, the reason why you see them in the first place, etc.

Essentially, it a a program/code that completely describes and manages all aspects of a Digimon

We probably should have a discussion on how to treat Digicore feats here.

We have long since decided to treat them as souls. Unless you want to say Digicore based attacks erase their existence.

I think you misunderstood. I'm not saying to stop treating them as "souls", that is but one of their functions. So it certainly can be called soul manipulation. But they are not just the digimon equivalent of souls, they are much more. By treating them as nothing more than "souls", we are simplifying and dismissing all other aspects of what Digicores are. Affecting the digicore is not only affecting their soul, it is affecting their very data, mind, identity and existence.

"Long since decided" - pretty sure Executor's blog on this was made recently, a lot of new/relatively unknown info was disseminated so now is a good time to reevaluate the Digicore stuff. The blog page can be a good place to discuss.

""Long since decided" - pretty sure Executor's blog on this was made recently, a lot of new/relatively unknown info was disseminated so now is a good time to reevaluate the Digicore stuff. The blog page can be a good place to discuss."

You do realize we been considered Digicores souls even before Executor's blog. Heck, even in his blog he said Digicores were the equiivalent to souls.

Reread what I said. The souls part is old, the new info part (which is what a lot of fans are unaware of) is also explained there (I.e Digicore's other functions).

That is what I meant by "discussion". Do we simply continue to consider it lelsoulmanipulation when it's clear its more than that or do we consider its other aspects as well (information/identity/mind/existence/etc manipulation).

So basically we will treat destroying Digicores as Soul, Information, Identity, Mind, Existence and such Manipulation? Make the thread then. This doesn't change the effects of Plutomon's technique. Matter of fact it kinda makes it worse.

First off, calm down. You seem to be interpreting everything I say as downplay or something and that I'm saying Plutomon loses. It'd actually be a boost. Plus, I don't care about the match.

Second, it would bump up all such digicore feats/abilities from just soul manipulation to more (which would be a big boost) so that's why I mentioned we should probably discuss it.

I don't have access to a PC right now so the thread will probably have to wait.

@Machspyder Umm when did I get aggressive? None of my last post was agressive.....I simply stated what you were trying to say, told you to make the thread and said it made Plutomon's ability worse for Darkrai....I don't see the aggression at all.

I agree to better analyze the feats in relation to Digicore, I said in the blog in question that I would start another blog where I would analyze all the functions of the general data that we saw in the franchise. If necessary I can post it as soon as I get home today.

Executor N0 said:
I agree to better analyze the feats in relation to Digicore, I said in the blog in question that I would start another blog where I would analyze all the functions of the general data that we saw in the franchise. If necessary I can post it as soon as I get home today.
Don't overwork yourself. You still do have a Digimon Revision that has to go through.

@Dragon Hmm...That's kinda the problem with posting on the internet I guess. Your posts seemed more aggressive compared to your usual style so I thought you were quite serious about this. If it was not your intention, I'm sorry.

Anyways, I'll probably make a thread about it once I have a PC. Even browsing this site is a real pain with my phone.

Okay...I'm just going to put my comment here about the actual fight and not about some pseudo-soul.

I'm gonna say a draw, It's really hard to say since Darkrai can sleep lock...My lord...Much OP OP

Plutomon could destroy Darkrai's soul but Protect may be able to counter this since Protect literally is stated to stop everything bar 1 ability(He says, from my memory of Pokemon I think only Shadow Force attacks through Protect and that's because of Giratina...)

There are many variables so I'm going with a draw.

Back