• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Darkest Dungeon Discussion Thread

EliminatorVenom

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
header.jpg
EGS_DarkestDungeonII_RedHookStudios_S1_2560x1440-3fb7abc704f66c13cdba7f7ce966b776

Ruin has come to our family.
Hello, my fellow heroes. Here, we travel through the wealds of forum posts, trudging in the darkest warrens of revisions, in coves of questions long forgotten, in hopes that amidst the ruins of innumerable threads, we might find the hallowed, ancestral sigil of approval, so we can avoid the terrible FRA train. Buckle yourselves tight, buy more supplies than needed, for this will be a long, twisted road. Remember that trinkets and baubles are paid for in blood.

Discuss here anything Darkest Dungeon related, from CRTs, to funny things or just to chat a bit about the universe.

@Shmooply @Armorchompy
You will arrive along the old road. It winds with a troubling, serpent-like suggestion through the corrupted countryside. Leading only, I fear, to ever more tenebrous places. There is a sickness in the ancient pitted cobbles of the old road and on its writhing path you will face viciousness, violence, and perhaps other damnably transcendent terrors. So steel yourself and remember: there can be no bravery without madness. The old road will take you to hell, but in that gaping abyss we will find our redemption.

Most of my threads die for a time, until there's something new to post about.

In a completely, absolutely unrelated note, I mostly play indie games that are Dwarf Fortress-tier in obscurity.

Well been looking at DD2, still in early access but I'm shook about the heroes. Fingers crossed ol Crusader is out there somewhere ready to save the day!

If my man didn't have leprosy he could probably just solo the series, honestly. Just waltz in the DD at level 1 and destroy everything in it

And so, the party of heroes have finally managed to venture six feet under the thread, unaware of the dangers before them.
Darkest-Dungeon-kak-razbivat-lager.jpg

Looked at the hero backstories in DD2 gotta say

Leper: Leaves his people to avoid making them ill with his head held high

HWM: That carriage spawned infinite goons ohmygodwhathaveidone?

Plague Doctor: I swear it looked like that when I got here!

Grave Robber: The one time my husband is actually useful

Jester: Eat your heart out sweet tooth

Man At Arms: I thought I had it under control really sorry everyone!

Occultist: Positive emotions are shit, I'm gonna go punch this eldritch thing and feel better that way

Hellion: *If anything your fellas did a better job than I did!"

Runaway: I play with matches

Btw, opinions, after the Crusader remake, should I start making the new characters profile? Or should I remake someones elses profile?

New char profiles are easier to do but other characters do deserve a rework. I'm thinking Dismas/Highwayman and then a new character. Also I like that Crusader's release was what prompted you to finally get to this when DD2 was in early access since 2021 and was fully released May 2023 lol

I'm thinking Dismas/Highwayman and then a new character
Sounds good to me, also tematic to have him after Reynauld. After Dismas, probably going to be Runaway.

Also I like that Crusader's release was what prompted you to finally get to this when DD2 was in early access since 2021 and was fully released May 2023 lol
I got sad that they hinted the fact that Reynauld potentially died, so I thought we wouldn't get him, lmao. Him and the Bounty Hunter are my favorites.

Seeing Dismas profile and, now replaying the first game, I will be saying... There will be a few nerfs.

Back