• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dark Souls Speed Downgrade

No, but I seem to recall hearing the same somewhere, though to be honest I do not know where.

Then I think it's mentioned in Seath's lore somewhere. My point being, if someone taught Gwyn about lightning, then he didn't create it so we really can't automatically scale lightning miracles to real lightning. I think that was one of the arguments, right?

That's not really true though. I don't recall it ever being mentioned anywhere that Seath, or anyone for that matter, taught Gwyn lightning miracles unless you have some scans for that. It doesn't even make much sense because a couple of lightning miracles are stated to be created by Gwyn/Nameless King, and Seath being connected to sorcery and not having any connection to miracles.

But that argument doesn't make much sense anyway. Whether Gwyn created the miracles or not, has no bearing on whether they are real lightning or not. The argument, from what I can see, is that there is no evidence to assume the miracles scale to actual lightning in the first place.

I believe that's one of the conclusions reached by people like VaatiVidya but aye, to my knowledge this is one of those things not really suggested by lore anywhere.

There doesn’t seem to be anything going against it and we have the new speed. Who wants to edit the profiles? I may be able to, but I’m nervous I may make a mistake.

He‘ll have massively hypersonic+ attack speeds, but his Combat and Movement speed would scale to supersonic

She's referenced sure, but we have nothing to support her being anywhere near tier 6 outside of her brothers scaling to other tier 6 characters.

Outside of all gods with any feats being Tier 6 (or above). Given the profile is only a "likely/possibly" basis, I don't see the issue.

Gael’s description needs to be changed. It should say Supersonic Movement speed and Combat speed (), Massively Hypersonic+ Attack speed (); rather than just saying Supersonic and Massively Hypersonic+ without referring to what they refer too.

The accepted high end of the Asylum Demon calc lists its swing speed as 2582.11 m/s or about Mach 7.5, so Dark Souls should be Hypersonic. Plus let's also not forget that player characters can level up their combat speed (via increasing the i-frames for dodging) in Dark Souls 2, so each key above 8-B should be something like "at least Hypersonic"

Oh I knew they had a hypersonic feat. I seemed to have missed that end of the calc.

Since this thread is old. I’ll make a thread on that feat after I get home from the gym.

Back