• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dark Cloud Revision (Speed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Downgrade
Currently, the Dark Cloud characters are scaled to the Sun Giant's feat of traveling from the moon to the earth in a short timeframe. The issue with this is that it's a flight speed feat and no one's ever reacted to it flying that fast before.

While the False Dark Genie managed to react and dodge one of it's attacks, it was pretty much manhandled the rest of the fight and couldn't even dodge it's beam attack. You can find the full fight in this video below, it starts at 2:18 to 4:16.

Since no one ever kept up with it's flight speed I suggest the scaling be changed.

New Scaling
The calc I did for the False Dark Genie's blast speed was accepted at Subsonic and the Genie was fooling around. His attack speed would be Subsonic at least.

This would scale to pretty much everyone since Toan was able to react to and dodge the False Dark Genie's energy blasts at close range while piloting the Sun Giant (shown in the video above at 2:18 to 2:30), which works off Toan's perception and reaction time. This would pretty much make everyone's combat and reaction speed at least Subsonic since characters like Seda could fight him and hit him.

That's all for now.

With are new standards for flight speed feats, this downgrade is even more needed. Anyway this should be alright to apply now since the calc is accepted, I'll update the profiles when I can. I'll close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back