• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dark Cloud Character Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Funny how I got 5-B Dark Cloud removed and now I'm attempting to upgrade them back. However this time it's not based off of bad context and I'm only going for Possibly 5-B.

Ok so their are a few things that got misinterpreted about the Dark Genie's tier. You have the statement from the at the start of the game where someone said it's power was so great it burned the world away. However a timeframe wasn't stated and later it's stated he caused massacre after massacre and it's stated by Seda (The person who the Dark Genie originated from) that he burned even the countries of the east. Him burning counties one by one is what it's directed to. Lastly there is a statement from the Fairy King saying it's power is so great it can destroy the world. However this isn't referring to the True Dark Genie but the False Dark Genie and it's over time. This is proven when right after that very statement the Fairy King says "You've seen it for yourself, not only your Village but in a flash many towns and villagers were destroyed. In one night, half the world was destroyed". This statement is directed at the False Dark Genie and what he did at the beginning of the game.

Now what statements can be taken?. Early in the game Seda states that Toan's goal to rebuild the world is a noble one but it is futile as the Dark Genie has the power to destroy the entire world in an instant. Now while the True Dark Genie has no planet level feats he is stated by Seda to have grown in power while he was seal. He's been sealed for over 400! years, that's way more than enough time to go from Low 6-B to 5-B. It doesn't sound impossible with such a gap in time. We have the statement from Steve (Xiao's slingshot that gives you information on enemies) states that Black Knight Pendrago was creating a new world. Now it doesn't show him do so but since Pendragon never leaves his tower it's unlikely he ment Pendragon was going to take over the world and make it the way he wants. Plus, Pendragon gives Toan the Chronicle Sword 2 which is stronger than Toan's final weapon The Chronicle Swords description states "Worlds crumble before it's might".

Now some of this stuff doesn't instantly mean 5-B. However I think it's worth a possibly 5-B. Thoughts?.

I am uncertain, and would prefer more community input.

I'm playing this game now. I guess a "possibly" 5-B would be the best thing to assume compared to the alternative. With almost half of the "planet" statements coming from the False Dark Genie and yet most of those are the things like village/town/etc. busting things & burning away the world. It doesn't seem to hard to believe that the True Dark Genie being much stronger couldn't possibly be able to destroy the entire planet.

Plus if he was growing in strength for that long it makes it seem more possible to be closer to planet level. Everything listed (OP)/stated (in game) seems to be leading to that kind of power just never actually showing it. Though one thing I seem almost certain on is none of this should carry over onto anyone from the seconds game as that one despite what is sometimes said, too many inconsistences, contradictions, to the timeline/story, it seems to be in a different time line or something, much like the DBZ movies vs the canon.

Bump.

Doesn't scale to Dark Cloud 2 characters because it's not a direct sequel or prequel. It's it's one story with elements and some characters from the first game.

This would be a hefty possibly, I think, up there with the astounding powers taken from Monster Hunter weapon descriptions. The growing strength thing may as well be bunk, no offense meant, in that we don't know the rate at which he gained power.

Black Knight is... something, but due to timeframe and uncertainty of world size, I dunno. I can see a case for Possibly 5-B.

@Mr. Bambu

The 400 years power growth is there to back up Seda's claim that Dark Genie could destroy the world in an instant. True, we don't know how fast his growth is but 400 years is a long time so Low 6-B to 5-B isn't impossible.

What do the Monster Hunter weapons descriptions say?.

You can message some other staff members to ask for help if you wish.

Eh, I'm mixed/leaning towards no. Given the previous context, it sounds like it would be done via lifewiping the entire planet at once rather than actually blowing up the planet.

@SomebodyData

The "Destroyed half the world in one night" was done by the False Dark Genie who is vastly weaker than the True Dark Genie and it was done Town by Town.

The "burning the world away" was done over time by the True Dark Genie 400 years ago and he did it by burning down entire countries as stated by Seda.

Seda's "He can destroy the world in an instant" is said in the present (400 years later) and it was stated he grow in power while sealed for those 400 years.

Ye, that sounds about right from what I understand. Hence, with the context, it seems more concrete to just say At least 6-B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back