• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dargoo Writes Battles: Arlo vs Teruki Hanazawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
A brown-haired girl came crashing through the wall in front of Arlo.

He recognized her as one of the well-known Mid-tiers in Wellson High, just powerful enough to keep other mid-tiers in their place, but too weak to pose any challenge to the high-tiers, obviously.

The lesson, some useless prattling on an epic about some god-tier from Ancient Greece who beat a Cyclops into submission with his raw power, abruptly stopped as the teacher motioned for the lower-tiered students to move to the back of the classroom.

Arlo reclined in his seat, putting a barrier over the girl and closing it in. He stepped on it, forcing her into a crouching position.

"Brea, is there any reason a mid-tier battle is going on in the middle of a lesson, or do I need to kick you out of here myself?"

Brea stammered as she clutched her head. "No-no! There's a high-tier who just transferred in from some school called Black Vinegar! He's beating up low-tiers and mid-tiers at complete random!"

Arlo didn't tend to have issues with high-tiers asserting their dominance, but doing it in such an inconvenient and random way was something he tolerated from no one. Especially after the recent string of attacks at Wellsto.

"Run out. Someone needs to be put into their place."

Brea stumbled and booked it out of the classroom and down the hallway, while Arlo went out to meet this new High-Tier.

What he was met with was a scrawny-looking freshman who didn't even appear like he belonged in High School.

He smiled and crossed his arms at the sight of Arlo. "Well well well. When I heard there was an entire school of Espers here, I was hoping I'd be in for more of a challenge!"

Arlo didn't know what he was going off about, but he certainly didn't want this guy taking the place of any of the Royals any time soon.

"A challenge? If you were looking for a challenge, why are you fighting weaklings at random, when you could just challenge a high-tier?" Arlo said, slightly bored.

The kid stopped for a second, as if he was trying to move rusted gears inside of his head to think.

He finally piped up. "Shut up! I'll fight whoever I want. You think you can tell me what to do?"

"You really don't know anything, do you?" Arlo replied, before sighing. "Let's make it clear who's in charge here."

There was a shuffling of feet behind Arlo, as the teacher and low-tiered students piled up near the classroom window.

"Some freshman kid's fighting Arlo!"

"Seriously? Does he have a death wish or something?"

"I don't know, did you see what he did to Brea?"

Arlo prepared his powers, while the other kid surrounded himself in a similar yellow glow.

So this is a new series I'm starting. Or a one-off thing. I dunno.

I write the first half of a battle, introducing characters to each other, and you all decide who wins! Or I slack off and don't write anything. But hey, the battle gets added!

If the above text isn't clear Arlo from UnOrdinary fights Teruki Hanazawa from Mob Psycho 100 in the hallways of Wellston High School.

This is Teru before he met Mob, 9-A key. Speed is not equal.

Teru is .108 Tons, Arlo is .049 Tons. Teru has a 2.2x AP advantage over Arlo.

Arlo is 121 m/s, Teru is baseline Subsonic or 34.3 m/s. Arlo has a 3.5x speed advantage over Teru.

Teruki Hanazawa - 7 (Foolish, Nico, Epic, Sins, Ed, Ciruno, Ricsi)

Arlo - 1 (Dragon)

Incon -

9d57348b608497be25f2d51da5a5ece8
8da3bf6fc1cb122fe3230b8b9c2008a1

Gonna have to give it to Teruki since he's a LOT more versatile with his powers and Arlo's Attack Reflection shouldn't come much into play since Teruki is mostly a range fighter. Not too mention Teruki can rag doll Arlo.

Arlo will definitely start with creating a barrier over Teruki and due to being faster that will be the result. Problem is that Teruki can just as easily create a stronger barrier within that one protecting him or just do the same thing to Arlo.

To be fair, this version of Teru is still cripplingly overconfident and insecure; this is before he had the sense smacked into him by Mob.

And at this point he actually does go for an abundance of physical attacks, but yeah, Arlo will be getting ragdolled. And with higher AP Teru breaking through barriers of Arlo can cause one of his best assets, damage reflection, to backfire against him.

I personally think Arlo is the more competent and exprienced fighter, but I agree Teru's esper abilities bring a lot to the table for him to deal with. Perhaps too much for him to deal with.

Thanks though! It's nice to write battles again, I used to do it far more on another site.

Even though Arlo has an advantage in speed, he will likely use his barrier first and if Teru is 2x stronger than Arlo, he will probably break his barrier and Arlo will loose his speed advantage due to him suffering from the backfire of his barrier. My vote goes for Teru

My vote stays the same btw. Teruki just gets so much versatility from moving all over the place, levitation, and the like.

Teruki getting physical against Mob was because he was trying to provoke Mob more than anything.

Eh, I disagree with some of the points made here. Teruki isn't as versatile with his powers as he's being made out to be. His levitation is just him flinging himself around with his telekinesis which would be less useful here as Arlo's faster. Teruki's also being called a ranged fighter and the counter argument against him being melee focused is that he was trying to provoke Mob. This is disproven by Teruki doing nothing but physical attacks against the Body Improvement Club and the other dude. He also started off with a physical attack against Mob before he learned Mob was also an Esper. After it fails, he thinks about how his strategy that he perfected failed so easily. As in, that's what he normally uses. I also think that Arlo would be more experienced here, as he regularly fights strong people from other schools, whereas this Teruki has never been in a fight with someone that has powers.

I mean, beating one person doesn't give you experience. I don't mean Teruki doing something like "What's going on here? Why are there barriers?", I'm saying that Arlo is more used to fighting people with different abilities/fighting people with abilities in general.

The Foolish Omniscient Guy said:
If you read the op, teruki has already beaten Brea, who has power. Furthermore, he knows that Arlo has a power.
That was more roflstomping due to AP than Teru actually beating her through skill, just to clarify on the OP.

She's a mid-tier who's already been fodderized by Arlo in-canon.

Well, to clarify a couple of things:

Arlo doesn't just pull up a barrier on someone; he's also a physical fighter with far greater skill and experience than Teru. Teru breaking his shield will most certainly cripple him when that happens, but Arlo can roflstomp Teru in H2H with superior speed before Teru can start ragdolling him.

Note that Teru didn't try ragdolling Mob until nearly halfway into their fight; he has a very tried and true tactic of speedblitzing and punching people. He only delves into more creative psychic techniques when he's really pushed against a wall and breaking down.

I can see Teru winning, just some arguments for Arlo to balance things out here.

Arlo is more experienced,sure, but what really makes this fight is the drawback arlo receives when his barriers are broken wich is pretty bad to have when you're fighting an opponent stronger than yourself. Even then

Teruki FRA

Even tho Arlo speed advantage would be helpful under most circumstances; he is not a quick fighter to begin with. He is mostly stationary. It would actually be his downfall.

Teru FRA.

Matchup Story FRA

Seriously, love it. And yeah voting Teruki the hair youkai FRA

PS - consider writing this as DBs in Deviantart lol

Teru - 7 (Foolish, Nico, Epic, Sins, Ed, Ciruno,, Ricsi)

Arlo - 1 (Dragon)

I'll write up a conclusion later.

The blonde kid smirked, before taking a running position. Arlo noticed that the yellow glow around the kid intensified, before a loud THOOM followed by his enemy rushing towards him at high-speeds.

... Arlo's reflexes weren't very impressed; as his opponent seemed to just be floating towards him at a jogging pace.

A speed-based power is a one-trick pony, Arlo thought. You meet anything as fast as you and your gimmick is as good as gone.

Arlo smiled before erecting a barrier around the blonde across from him. When the kid's head met his barrier, though, it cracked.

Arlo knew what would happen next. He was pushed back as the shield was, having the wind nearly knocked out of him. Thankfully for Arlo, his barrier didn't break outright.

The kid bounced back with an astonished look on his face, Arlo releasing his barrier so the freshman could continue flying in the other direction. The kid skidded on the floor before his aura appeared again, hoisting him in place.

Arlo broke his confident facade, realizing this freshman was a serious threat to his place as King. His enemy coughed, before glaring at Arlo. He certainly didn't seem happy that Arlo was putting up a real fight against him.

What happened next was puzzling. Arlo picked up on the sound of straining metal, followed by the clanking of screws that hit the ground, as lockers around the kid also became surrounded with a yellow haze. With a snap they broke from the walls, and flew at Arlo at what he assumed was the fastest speed the kid could throw them.

Still too slow to land a hit, Arlo sidestepped each locker as they passed him, before rushing in towards the boy at his own top speed. The kid's face grew even more worried as he noticed Arlo approaching, before Arlo's fist stopped as if it hit a brick wall.

The yellow aura that surrounded the kid now also surrounded Arlo, and before he knew it he was sent flying through the ceiling, only having enough time to shield his back as it crashed through concrete and rebar.

Telekinesis. This was his power.

The kid flew through the hole created by Arlo's person, hovering over the roof of Welston. He softly landed on the ground in front of Arlo.

"I'll admit, your telekinetic barrier got me by surprise," the kid unfastened his tie, before spinning it and imbuing it with energy as it straightened into a blade-like formation, "But you're going to have to do a lot more than that to beat me."

So, his confidence was back, Arlo thought, better for me.

The kid ran towards him with his sword raised, like some kind of mock-samurai.

Still, Arlo had the advantage of speed. He surrounded himself with his barrier and rushed the kid. A jolt of yellow energy from the kid punched his barrier, cracking it slightly, causing the freshman to stumble as the damage was reflected back at him. It seemed his own barrier blocked telekinetic influence.

Using the opportunity, he ducked the tie-blade before punching the kid square in the chest. However, before the kid was hit, he concentrated, blasting Arlo's barrier again with telekinetic force. The kid gasped as the wind was taken out of him, while Arlo fell flat on his back, coughing blood as his barrier broke again.

Arlo knew he was finished at this point. His opponent wretched on the floor, before scrambling to his feet.

"Huff... So that was the best this school could... huff... give me?"

Arlo couldn't move a muscle, although if he could he'd laugh at how disillusioned the freshman was in his own strength. He heard footsteps towards him, and noticed the glowing tie-blade in the corner of his eye. The kid readied to stomp Arlo's face, before a black aura surrounded his foot, hoisting it in place.

"Wha-"

A hand grabbed the kid's head, before slamming it into the ground with enough force to send tremors through the entire school. The blonde twitched a bit before going unconscious.

A familiar voice piped up.

"You're lucky I'm the one who wants to tear down your hierarchy, Arlo. Be seeing you."

FIN

WINNER:
John Doe Teruki Hanazawa!

Dargoo you should make like a whole canon of these matches. Like you know how we have brackets make like a story connecting the different fights that develop along with the results of said matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back