• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lightspeed Mob psycho??

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the new episode Teruki flew over to mob at the speed of light. This should scale to Teruki and Mob.

Thoughts?

can i get a clip to try and see how serious he is or if hes just saying he came over quickly
The situation is entirely serious mob is rampaging causing severe earthquake for miles on end and is destroying everything in his path since he lost control and Teru arrives a little winded and out of breath

Fair but I don't believe he'd be joking since all his talk since he arrived was him trying to diffuse mob and appeal to him seriously, I mean I suppose if anything ew can put in a translation request for the raw subs to see the kanji they use so we know it's not a translation thing but as I said the situation is pretty serious so I see no reason why he'd be like joking with this 1 particular statement especially considering he notes that he had gotten a lot stronger from before

id be surprised if theres no instance of someone reacting to someone whod scale to this' travel speed

Before landing he did maneaur through some trees as well. Could that make it viable for some reaction downscaling?

Speed of light over an anime only statement that could be seen as hyperbole when the verse struggles to reach even hypersonic doesn't seem very right for me.

The top tiers cap at Hypersonic according to the verse page, this guy is not even a top tier, seems like textbook hyperbole/flowery language

Ya specially in the manga, it got translated as “I rushed”, so it makes sense why the anime version would change it.
Thanks to @Nullflowerblush for bringing the evidence.

I don’t trust an anime only SOL statement when the highest feats in the verse are hypersonic
Makes sense. This is valid opinion. It is hyperbolic in many aspects, as there is no statement for it in manga, and it got translated to “I rush”, so it makes sense why it should not be taken literal.

Last edited:
I dont think it's flowery or inconsistent tbh. Previous feats should discredit current post training feats.

It being anime only is another thing though. There's tons of anime only content in the anime tbh.

If the highest feat is hypersonic, then how “things changes” when manga state otherwise? Unless there are two versions of the verse, but I would not trust the statement at all, is there anything to back up?

Considering we take the manga as the primary source of evidence, then this whole thing is practically a nono.

Considering we take the manga as the primary source of evidence, then this whole thing is practically a nono.
obama-fair-enough.gif

After looking back at those feats thet don't appear to be anti feats but I guess we can close the thread.

There are tons of statements from many verses that say "this thing is lightspeed" without any feats to back up, and they get outright rejected because of hyperbole. I think this is a prime example.
If a (flowery) statement stands out as an outlier compared to every other statement or feat found in the medium, then it is most likely a hyperbole.

I'm only going to watch Mob Season 3 once it ends, but lightspeed Teru doesn't really make any sense either way. "I had a hunch you'd be here, so I flew over at the speed of light," can be very safely categorized as a hyperbole and not mean Teru can circle the Earth 7.5 times in 1 second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back