• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also since Dante's abilities aren't separated by tier on his profile, here are his abilities in this High 7-C form according to UMR:

Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Weapon Mastery, Skilled actor, musician, and athlete, Energy Manipulation, Elemental Manipulation, Light Manipulation, Time Manipulation (Via Quicksilver style and the Bangle of Time, allowing him to slow and stop time respectively), Regenerationn (At least Low-Mid, though it works almost instantaneously), Teleportation, Telekinesis, Levitatio, Self-Duplication, Superhuman Willpower, Energy Absorption (Can absorb the powers of other demons and fashion them into relics), Can channel his devil energy into other objects such as weapons to amplify their effectiveness, Summoning, Sealing, Spatial Manipulation via Yamato, Transformation in the form of Devil Trigger and Royalguard Style, Flight via the Devil Trigger, Self-Healing via the Royalguard Style, Bat Manipulation via Nevan, Can harm Intangible beings and destroy souls, Can transmute the souls of dead demons into weapons, Attack Reflection with Royal Guard, Resistance to Mind Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Fear Manipulation

Hmmmm. Not sure.

Probably depends if Dante is willing to time stop from the get go.

Most of the other stuff is something that she already experienced and knows how to counter.

I'll wait for Gar/UMR before voting.

DMC1 Dante is far more willing to use his best stuff by comparison to his later incarnations in the series.

That said I do not expect him to spam it, but more use it once he knows it's necessary.

This version also doesn't bother fooling around with his healing factor unless he has no way to dodge an attack.

I thought she resisted it tho.

She doesn't resist time manip. She knows how to fight people who slow down time, but she is still affected by it.

That said, if he is willing to use it but doesn't spam it, probably inconclusive. If he gets trapped he loses, but if he doesn't he'll realize that she is dangerous and kill her in a time stop.

Don't they take time to trap someone?

And how does she know she needs to do a ribbon trap over grabbing him by his limb and getting stopped?

Nah, not really. It's pretty quick and they can be summoned from the ground beneath him.

She doesn't. But it's 100% in character for her to use binding magic immediately on someone that she considers a threat. She used it on Homura at the start in the anime (and Homura's revenge, various timelines in Portable and iirc Different Story too).

Considering that they are 7-B and come with power null, he probably wouldn't be able to escape them, no.

This Dante is less cocky than his DMC3 and DMC4 counterpart. So it's safe to assume he'll use his time stop. So I'll go for Dante via time stop, yamato, and can counter Mami's attack reflection with Royal Guard,

1) The issue is if he would use it before being trapped, which is something that Mami is likely to start with.

2) Yamato is borderline useless. At best he can use it to cut trough a ribbon shield, but that's unlikely to be a factor.

3) Dante isn't reflecting attacks so far above his AP without a feat.

Like I said, he's less cocky here than the other games, so he's more likely to time stop. and how is yamato useless when it negates durability?

Okay, this means that he will use it if he has to. Not that it would be literally his first move. Not being cocky simply means that he has the same mentality as Mami.

Yamato one shots her regardless of durability negation or not. As a matter of fact, it's actually one of the worst choices as it lacks AoE, so if Dante simply bisects her or something, she heals.

She has healing. Not quite as useful because it isn't instant, but it's actually superior to Dante's regen in function (In regen levels her healing would be Mid)

Kaltias said:
She has healing. Not quite as useful because it isn't instant, but it's actually superior to Dante's regen in function (In regen levels her healing would be Mid)
Dante's regen is instantaneous.

Because Charlotte shattered her Soul Gem and regenerating your soul needs Mid-Godly, not Mid (Healing instead of regen, but you get what I mean)

Homura couldn't escape with her own teleportation, so probably Dante's wouldn't help

I mean he still has the styles so yeah he can time slow and variety can help tbf but idk since mami knows how time users work though affected by it anyway

oh yeah true DMC 1 forgot on that but knowing she is dangerous he would try to end it i guess and doopleganger can help in this situation

Kaltias said:
Okay, this means that he will use it if he has to. Not that it would be literally his first move. Not being cocky simply means that he has the same mentality as Mami.

Yamato one shots her regardless of durability negation or not. As a matter of fact, it's actually one of the worst choices as it lacks AoE, so if Dante simply bisects her or something, she heals.
Would it? I mean Dante can use slash dimension(Basically his version of Judgement cut)

@Hst

Slashing dimensions would be useful, the problem is that he needs his arms to wield Yamato and they are likely to get blocked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back