• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well now that I have played three houses (mind you only crimson flower) I think Sothis could rewind it so she doesn't die along with her

that avoids the fact that dante uses passive fear via DT, after seeing that (if I don't use it before) and dante uses spam the quicksilver, Doppelganger and royal guard to be able to deflect attacks

Sothis can only rewind an extremely limited amount of times. I don't know if it's 100% consistent, but as shown with some scenes (like trying to prevent the death of Jeralt), Sothis was only capable of rewinding once before they were out of options.

This seems like a stomp for Dante with the deconstruction; as Byleth can't just rewind indefinitely.

Saving Jeralt is honestly contradicted by every other example in the game andvrbdn then Byleth had no way to save him in the position he/she was in

Deconstruction is with EaI right? Can't Byleth just dodge it?

I mean, theoretically Byleth ca dodge it. Doesn't mean he would be able to dodge them consistently, especially if Dante just like... kept firing.

I don't know enough about the time manip to really debate on that point though. As far as I'm aware, if we take gameplay as reasonable canon (which is bad, but just going for as high of an estimate as possible) Byleth could reasonably rewind ~10 times.

True, they're semi auto so they're not that hard to dodge

That reminds me, maybe Dante can fight Kessler now with all the revisions that happened

Well, again, Byleth certainly can dodge them. But even against opponents Dante isn't trying to kill (like Jester) he's gone wild with firing it. Against someone he actively is trying to kill, I don't see much reason to think that Byleth would dodge every single bullet.

If we're arguing that Byleth could reasonably consistently dodge those attacks, then I suppose I wouldn't quite consider it a stomp and would just give a pretty solid vote for Dante. But if not, then I'm pretty solidly saying this is a stomp.

I meant to say it will be hard to dodge, I mistyped

The Jester example is kinda silly though, he was firing at his feet as a joke.

True, that was a pretty silly example. But you get my point.

Either way, I'm currently definitely erring on the side of considering this a stomp. If it's decided that it isn't, I'll just consider this a low-diff win for Dante.

Well Byleth is technically above baseline, but not by much. The diffrence in AP among characters in the Low 7-B tier isn that big anyway (unlike, say, High 6-A for example)

I know (technically Byleth is 1,3 megatons btw), just not in one-shot range. And i do agree that this is at best an easy win for Dante and a stomp in his favor at worst.

Yeah this is a solid win for Dante, especially since Byleth doesn't have a way to deal with Dante's regen, or laundry list of offensive hax.

Again, literally the only thing that could possibly give Byleth an advantage is his time manipulation, which is quite limited.

Dante has a very notable AP advantage, an absurd list of hax that he's capable of using in-character that either one-shot (like Deconstruction) or completely nullify any decent advantage Byleth ever could get (like Attack Reflection).

Whether you want to call it a stomp or not is debatable; I think, if you really stretch it, you could say that Byleth technically still has an absolutely tiny chance of getting the win here. But even then, I'd argue this match is pretty redundant. The win is so decisively in Dante's favour that there's practically 0 reason whatsoever for any votes to go to Byleth. It's a stomp at worst, and redundant at best.

Why are you restating this when we all agree that Dante wins?

Regardless, I see this as a stomp.

I'm saying that I think the match should be closed either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back