• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny Phantom's speed

I noticed that Danny Phantom's speed is documented at Hypersonic+. Couldn't we also say that it's Massively Hypersonic since he did avoid Vortex's lightning in their battle?

There is legit only one video on YouTube that shows their fight against each other: https://youtu.be/A4hZf3bacuI?t=47

Later on in the full episode, he creates an ectoplasmic shield to defend against the lightning strike. Why would it not be considered moving at the speed of real lightning? Vortex manipulates the weather to the point where he can create real hurricanes, real tornadoes, etc. Who's to say he can't create real lightning?

The page on Vortex here also says he MHS+ with his lightning attacks: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Vortex

EDIT: The episode in question is Season 3 episode 4, AKA Torrent of Terror and here is him blocking the lightning strike

Danny Shield 2

I've linked the requirements for his lightning to be considered as real one.

Also Weather manipulation is oftenly treated differently than other abilities so i'm unsure.

Let's wait for more input.

Wouldnt Vortex's weather manipulation also upgrade him and possibly Danna via environmental destruction? Similar to characters, like, Toshiro Hitsugaya from Bleach?

Well in "Phantom Planet" the last episode of the series Danny couldn't dodge nor react Vortex's lightning. Plus in the beginning of this episode "Torrent of Tarror" Vlad someone who has been shown and stated to be superior many times to Danny in every way could not dodge nor react to Vortex's lightning.

But Danny himself was still able to dodge the lightning multiple times and react to it though

It is Danny. He always does that. He always gets hit by something he dodges later on or was always able to dodge. He's always doing that "dodge this attack, but then stops and gasps and inevitably gets hit"

Also, when got hit in the finale, it was more for comedy effect and to represent that the people didn't need him anymore

That dosent change the fact that someone superior to him was unable to dodge. I know what it represented but it could have easily been a completely different ghost but it was Vortex and he used lighting. I would call this an outlier since he has no other feats like this and is hit by things much slower on a regular basis.

@ProfessorKukui4Life That's most series tbh

@LordGriffin1000 That doesn't change the fact that Danny did. Someone can be more powerful than another, but that doesn't mean he has EVERY single phyiscal stat over someone. Goku is more powerful than Wally West, but we all know he's not faster. Danny has shown better speed feats than Vlad Plasmius throughout the series tbh.

And the outlier thing can literally be said about alot of stuff on this wiki, but we seem to accept it as a high-end feat rather than an outlier. Example: XJ9 is listed as MFTL+ when she only did such a feat in one episode and is constantly being tagged by slower attacks

Vlad is faster then Danny he beats him in every way. If danny was faster then he would never be tagged by Vlad but he consistently is hit by him and other Ghosts all the time. This only happened in this episode and as far as I know he nor any other ghosts in the series have any feats close to this. Its like us downgrading Skulker because he was being man handaled by that gorilla but in future episodes he has consistently shown to be a threat to Danny. Their is to much contradicting this. I don't remember Xj9/jenny that much but if she has been hit dozens of times in multiple episodes by lesser things then she should be downgraded. Also isn't there a Avatar speed downgrade thread going on?

Back