• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlastX

He/Him
This matchup is possible again, both characters have also went through quite the amount of revisions.

This is Season 3 Danny Phantom VS Ultimate Kars.

Battle takes place in the place were Kars ascended into his Ultimate Form.

Ghost Teen:0

Ultimate Lifeform:0

Eventually, Danny and Kars got bored (Draw):6

Last edited:
I remember the last match between these two, it's definitely different with all the changes. I also like how this is one of those matches where speed actually doesn't need to be equalized and in my honest opinion, it's Inconclusive and I'll explain why.

Kars Advantages

Kars has a massive speed advantage which will allow him to easily avoid all of Danny's attacks without issue. While he's incapable of interacting with Danny Phantom while the latter is in a incorporeal/intangible state, his limitless stamina will allow him to eventually outlast Danny until he reverts back to his human form which will then allow Kars to kill him.

Kars regeneration (I assume it's at it's highest) will allow him to survive anything Danny could do to him. This will allow Kars not to worry in the face of Danny's standard attacks. His ability to detect heat will allow him to know if an invisible Danny gets to close since Danny still gives off heat (unless he starts using cold energy which is a definite so this isn't reliable)

Finally Kars is far more intelligent, having better combat skill and experience (although he's not faced something exactly like Danny) it's still a advantage none the less.

Danny's Advantages

Danny has the attack power/durability advantage by far and I'll explain why. Yes, Kars survived this (642.947485589 Tons of TNT. Multi City Block level+), meanwhile Danny scales to this (533.70 Tons of TNT, Multi-City Block level). However, the reason Danny is more powerful is because that feat happened in the first episode of the series. Danny then battled giant Technus who no sold Danny's hits without even flinching, then in a later episode, Danny could effect and knock down another one of those giant suits. This Danny later went up against the Fright Knight, who like early Techus, no sold Danny's attack without even flinching] but later, Danny became strong enough in their battle to outright trade blows with him. This all happened in season 1, I could continue but you get the idea. Add in Danny's reactive power level/accelerated development, statistics amplification with ghost energy, and rage power if Kars gets him mad, Danny clearly holds a big lead in the power department so Kars wouldn't be able to deal any real damage and would get out powered.

Danny's ghost physiology also makes it impossible for Kars to do anything noticeable to him even if they had comparable power as Danny's regeneration (Mid-High) is enough to overcome anything Kars can do to him, plus his incorporeality or intangibility will make it so Kars only method of interacting with him in that state is Hamon which won't really do anything since Danny isn't weak to sunlight. His ice powers (which he mainly leads with in season 3), should allow him to incapacitate Kars because even ghosts who can survive in space still get completely frozen and Danny's ice is cold enough to make one brittle, and while Kars can control his body to an incredible degree, his profile doesn't state he can adapt to ice like Danny's but even so, Danny doesn't only have ice.

Danny's Overshadow ability is a solid win method as Kars lacks the resistance needed to stop it. Yes, Kars has outstanding body control and his own possession but the issue here is that it's nothing outlandish compared to ghosts. Like Kars, Danny Phantom ghosts have body control and can use it to construct their entire body, giving themselves a skeleton and organs, altering their limbs to turn them into weapons, splitting their body's into pieces and control them, duplication, and so on. Their energy works on a molecular level and can alter the size and muscle mass of themselves or someone they overshadow. Tie this in with the fact that it effects you on a mental (they control the mind and can alter ones thoughts/memories) and spiritual level as well makes it even more effective.

My Vote

As I said above, I honestly think it's Inconclusive.

Yes, Kars has a fantastic speed advantage, limitless stamina, and better hand to hand combat skill/experience, plus intelligence but that's about it. His only win condition is to outlast Danny because he's outmatched in power (with the exception of lifting strength), his only way to interact with Incorporeal/Intangible Danny is through Hamon which doesn't really work given it's mechanics only really being effective on people weak to light.

His ability to absorb others will only result in a loss because Kars only desolves the cells and Danny's regeneration is better than that and absorbing Danny will result in possession and as I explained above, ghost body control is similar to Kars and it works on a biological (molecular level), mental, and spiritual level so Danny's possession would beat out Kars possession from what I can tell.

In the similar manner, Danny's overall power will allow him to outmatch Kars in terms of power/durability but it's irrelevant in the case of using it to beat Kars because Kars regeneration will allow him to survive anything Danny could do to him, and the massive speed advantage would let him dodge without worry.

Other than what I've mentioned it comes down to....

1. Kars plays the waiting game and uses his superior speed, combat skill/experience, and stamina to outlast Danny (this will take hours at least given Danny's stamina which won't go down fast)

Or

2. Danny's plays on Kars overconfidence (which is stated in his weakness section) and manages to land a possession with himself or one of his duplicates or freeze Kars. Or Kars gets impatient and attempts to absorb Danny, resulting in a him getting overshadowed.

Either one is possible in my opinion because Kars is capable of out lasting Danny without a problem but he's overconfidence and with his speed advantage, plus seeing Danny as just a bony teenage wouldn't help. If he's also the type to want something he doesn't have, like Danny's ghost abilities, he might attempt to absorb him if impatient as well.

So all in all, how Kars decides to go at this fight is what really dictates who wins more so than how Danny would decide to go at it.

Note: I can't really go more in depth about Kars because I don't know Jojo very well so I talked about what I felt was the more important aspect regarding what's helpful in a fight such as this. If someone wants to add more that they think would lead to a more decisive winner feel free, and if you need more information on how Danny fights just let me know.

his only way to interact with Incorporeal/Intangible Danny is through Hamon which doesn't really work given it's mechanics only really being effective on people weak to light.
This is not true. A sufficient hamon can stop the heart of a human being, and Kars has the strongest hamon of all. hamon is indeed less effective on non undead beings, but that is only in regards to only having regen neg while used on vamps/zombies.

However, I don’t think Kars can see Danny so him being able to hit wouldn’t be that helpful. Actually, If Danny is on the ground, Kars could send hamon through the ground in his area, and that could work.

This is not true. A sufficient hamon can stop the heart of a human being, and Kars has the strongest hamon of all. hamon is indeed less effective on non undead beings, but that is only in regards to only having regen neg while used on vamps/zombies.
My mistake then. Though Danny isn't weak to such things.
However, I don’t think Kars can see Danny so him being able to hit wouldn’t be that helpful. Actually, If Danny is on the ground, Kars could send hamon through the ground in his area, and that could work.
Danny does fly most of the time but if he's on the ground sure.

Yeah I purposely didn't equalize speed because I can get away with it in this case and it makes it more interesting.

I think I'm also going to vote inconclusive since both have viable wincons that can be used against one another, and it's always nice to see matches where speed isn't equalized. With my vote, grace can now begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back