• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny Phantom - Supernatural Willpower Addition (Danny and Vlad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Really surprised I missed this but better late then never I suppose. To keep things quick and simple, Danny Phantom and Vlad Plasmius should have Supernatural Willpower.

First, I'd like to take a look at the Supernatural Willpower page and quote something from it..

"Characters with this ability may be able to resist enormous amounts of pain, act even when unconscious or well beyond what they should be able to endure, resist possession and mind control, affect their environment, or even go against natural phenomena, such as death or the limits imposed by reality."

Evidence (Season 1)

In Season 1 Ep. Bitter Reunions, Vlad Plasmius overshadows Jack Fenton. However, Jack briefly resisted it and stated "Ghost overpowering me". This clearly means in the mental sense as Vlad is currently trying to take over his mind.

In Season 1 Ep. Parental Bonding, Danny could overshadow Jack for a prolonged period of time and Jack couldn't fight back at all. This means Danny's will and consciousness can overpower Jack's willpower with ease despite the later begin able to briefly fight back against Vlad.

We know this has nothing to do with the strength of the user because Vlad Plasmius is far stronger than Danny Phantom and has practiced his abilities for years unlike Danny who had them for far less. So it's clear this is about the characters willpower when talking over the mind of the target.

In Season 1 Ep. Splitting Images, Poindexter attempts to overshadow Danny and unlike every other possession in the series, you can visually see the pain and struggle Danny is Goin through to keep Poindexter from taking him over. You even see Danny's head turn upside down!!! The sheer amount of pain Danny would have had to endure as his neck broke when doing a whole clockwise spin would definitely be a lot.

Evidence (Season 2)

In Season 2 Ep. The Ultimate Enemy, Danny's ghost half overshadowed Vlad's ghost half and although Danny won the possession, Vlad stated that his evil was so great it overwhelmed Danny and corrupted him. So while Vlad's will didn’t overpower Danny's, it still was strong enough to mess with him.

In Season 2 Ep. Kindred Spirits, . They then placed him in a [URL=https://imgur.com/frTwQjy]capsule that repeatedly electrocuted him and yet despite being overshadowed and electrocuted constantly, Danny still resisted being transformed to the point were the machines overloaded

Evidence (Season 3)

In Season 3 Ep. Eye for an Eye, Vlad's shadow duplicate could overshadow Jack without incident this time. Later in that same episode, Danny overshadows Vlad's duplicate which is just a weaker version of Vlad who was still stronger than him but unlike before, Danny wasn't corrupted by his evil.

Conclusion

Danny should have Supernatural Willpower.

Supernatural Willpower (Can easily overshadow Jack Fenton, who's willpower was strong enough to breifly resist Vlad Plasmius taking over his mind. Resisted Poindexter's attempt at overshadowing him despite the former causing him immense pain and breaking his neck)

Vlad should have Supernatural Willpower.

Supernatural Willpower (Though not strong enough to overpower Danny's will, Vlad's evil was strong enough to corrupt him. His weaker shadow duplicate could take over Jack Fenton's mind, who previously could briefly resist his possession early in the series)

Thoughts?

I agree, but I feel Vlad should only have it for his Season 3 self, what he did in TUE was more corruption than Willpower.
Fair enough, though we'll half break his powers and abilities section into season tabbers like Danny.

Edit: Broke is powers and abilities down into keys.

Last edited:
Since this has support from knowledge supports of the series and staff, I'm going to apply the addition. Will be starting the speed revision soon, hopefully the upgrade goes through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back