• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny Phantom Speed Upgrade (Massively FTL+)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
I completely forgot to do this thread but luckily I remember. Time to see if the Danny Phantom verse will get a decent speed buff or not.

Pariah Dark
For those who are not aware, Pariah Dark is unqualified Massively FTL. Here is the original thread, and as you can see from it, I decided to go with At least Massively FTL as a low-ball instead of Massively FTL+ to be safe. However, as we know crossing an interstellar distances is Massively FTL+ feat.

Below I'll go over the feat again.

Feat & Timeframe
Season 2, episode 4 - 5 "Reign Storm"

Ember McLain: "He's only been free for a day and he's already destroyed our homes."
Danny Phantom: "And that's without the ring."

Ember states that in only a day, Pariah destroy all the ghosts homes.

Distance
There is no way to know the exact distance Pariah Dark traveled, however we can get somewhat of an idea.

Season 2, episode 8-9 "The Ultimate Enemy"

(28:20 to 28:40) Jazz throws the Booo-merang into the Ghost Zone and as it travels through it in the same direction, if you look in the background, you can see many planets in the background. Then a 10 year time skip happens and you still see planets as a ghost tries to eat the device.

(28:40 to 29:44) While Danny is getting attacked by future ghosts, you can see planets in the background. If you can't spot them just pause at 29:44 you'll see them behind Danny.

Pariah Dark not only would have had to cross countless planets due to ghosts living outside of the realms within the Ghost Zone like Skulker's Island. He'd also have had to visit countless realms since ghosts also make their homes inside these realms as well.

Season 1, episode 5 "Splitting Images"

We see the realm Poindexter lives in has multiple stars.

Before anyone tries to argue these aren't stars, I've explained multiple times that they are stars because they are drawn like this throughout the series.

Season 2, episode 14 "Beauty Marked"

We see Dorathea's realm is big enough to have a sun.

Season 2, episode 15 "King Tuck"

We see King Duulaman's dimension is big enough to have a moon.

So yeah, Pariah would have traveled the distance of countless planets, and realms, some of which size can reach stellar to Interstellar. I'm not saying all realms are this big, we've seen some ghosts realms home are the size of a room. I'm simply just showing there are some that are large.

At the end of the day, it is completely unknown how far he traveled as a whole but we know he traveled multiple interplanetary and even Interstellar distances. Butch also stated ghosts are spread far throughout the Ghost Zone so they aren't all in the same area. Plus the fact that we see them in these areas proves this.

Season 1, episode 11 "Fanning the Flames"
In this episode, Danny traps Klemper in a snow realm with ghost penguins. It is later revealed at the end of the episode that Danny also trapped Ember in the same realm and it is shown that within that realm are even more doors which lead to more realms. This means there are ghosts in realms within other realms.

Again, this feat is incalculable. We don't know how far Pariah Dark traveled, just that he traveled many interplanetary and even Interstellar distances within a single day. Traveling Interstellar distances in such a short time-frame (a single day) is Massively FTL+.

Ecto Skeleton
On my previous Danny Phantom revision thread, we accepted the 100 multiplier of the Ecto-Skeleton. Remember that base Danny is 100 times slower than Pariah who had the Crown and Ring, who's faster than the Pariah who preformed the speed feat.

To low-ball, I'll just say Ecto-Skeleton Danny was equal in speed the the Pariah that preformed the speed feat. This means base Danny Phantom could travel the same distance Pariah did within 100 days max. Traveling multiple interplanetary to Interstellar distances in 100 days is still Massively FTL+.

I'd like to point out that base Danny has a FTL feat that is low-balled. If you multiple that by 100 you'd get Massively FTL which is consistent with the current Pariah rating and since it would be a low ball it wouldn't really cause any issues with the bottom suggestions.

Conclusion
Option 1
Pariah Dark's speed along with the other Top Tier characters will be upgraded to Massively FTL+

Speed: Massively FTL+ (Crossed interplanetary and Interstellar distances in a single day while destroying all of the ghosts homes), higher with Ring of Rage and Crown of Fire (Faster than before)

Danny's speed along with all the other characters who scale to him speed will be upgraded as well.

Speed: Massively FTL+ (Easily traveled to Pariah's Keep this fast, can dodge Ghost Rays which are considered lightspeed, and is comparable to characters like the Fright Knight) | Massively FTL+ (Exactly 100 times slower than when he wore the Ecto-Skeleton which allowed him to keep up with Pariah Dark who in a weaker state could cross interplanetary and Interstellar distances in a single day) | Massively FTL+ (Moved faster than a Ghost Ray and should be at least as fast as before)

Option 2
If people are unsure about giving Pariah Dark straight up Massively FTL+, I suppose a likely Massively FTL+ for the characters to be safe.

Speed: At least Massively FTL, likely Massively FTL+ (Crossed interplanetary and likely Interstellar distances in a single day while destroying all of the ghosts homes), higher with Ring of Rage and Crown of Fire (Faster than before)

Same for Danny Phantom and those who scale to him. They will still have there FTL ratings but also have likely Massively FTL+.

Speed: At least FTL, likely Massively FTL+ (Flew to Pariah's Keep at this speed, capable of dodging ghost rays which are considered lightspeed, comparable to the Fright Knight) | At least FTL, likely Massively FTL+ (Exactly 100 times slower than when he wore the Ecto-Skeleton which allowed him to keep up with Pariah Dark, who in a slower state crossed multiple interplanetary and likely Interstellar distances in a single day) | At least FTL, likely Massively FTL+ (Moved faster than a Ghost Ray and should be at least as fast as before)

Either option is fine with me but option 2 is definitely a safer bet. I also think a note should be put in the Power of the verse section that links this thread to explain the Massively FTL upgrade. This thread will also be linked in Danny's and Pariah's speed ratings.

Obviously I'll answer any questions people have regarding the upgrade or any related issues/concerns/arguments below in the comments.

Last edited:
It seems there are some issues with the Ghost Ray being lightspeed and are being talked about on this thread here.

While this thread was started first, I'm not gonna close the other since it will effect the descriptions in this thread. Funny enough, rejecting the Ghost Ray as lightspeed pretty much has no effect on the ratings being proposed on this thread since we're gonna be scaling them to other feats anyway. This would also make it so the Ghost Ray doesn't shackle them at lightspeed so it's no real hindrance here. However I still wish they picked a better time to do that thread

So I'm gonna close this thread for right now, then wait till the other thread is finished and after that re-open this one with updated descriptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back