• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny Phantom - Speed Revision (Massively FTL/Massively FTL+ Upgrades to Overall Speed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
He's gonna blitz em all cause he's Danny Phantom, gonna blitz em all cause he's Danny Phantom, gonna blitz em all cause he's... Danny Phantom!

Alrighty enough fooling around. To keep it short, I originally created a thread separting the characters flight speed from their combat and reaction speed due to lack of evidence. However, new evidence is being brought forward that helps prove otherwise, so without further dragging out this introduction, let's do this.

Here are the two new accepted speed calcs I made.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:LordGriffin1000/Pariah_Dark_travels_the_Ghost_Zone (Massively FTL+)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:LordGriffin1000/Vlad_travels_the_stars (Massively FTL+)

Just to note, yes Pariah and Vlad have the same result but that's simply because Pariah's feat is massively low balled because to true distance he traveled is unquantifiable.

Scaling Speed Overall

To get straight to the point, I originally thought Pariah's feat of traveling across the Ghost Zone and destroying all the ghosts home's was just flight speed because the Ghost Zone is like space... but it's not.

Yes, Pariah did cross interplanetary/interstellar distances but the Ghost Zone doesn't just have empty space between planets. We are shown on numerous occasions that it is filled countless doors that lead to many of the realms he entered to destroy the homes that resided within them. There are also countless floating structures more doors made of ectoplasm. So Pariah isn't just going in a straight path, he'd need to be fast enough to react to and avoid all the incoming objects in his path while checking the realms as well which are even lined up in some locations so he's doing more than just straight line movement while performing this feat otherwise he'd be smashing through everything which wasn't what he was doing, he was entering all these places.

So it's clear that Pariah's feat scales to his overall speed, and since Danny can fight a faster Pariah Dark while wearing the Ecto-Skeleton that multiplies all of his natural statistics a hundred times, his normal base speed also scales overall.

Scaling Characters

I want to make this clear, not everyone will or even can scale to this and I'll explain why.

Danny himself holds back, it's shown in several of his battles he doesn't go all out from the get go and he's overconfident which gets him caught. And while he is capable of accelerating to high speeds quickly, their is no evidence he's hitting his maximum against all his opponents. So it's best to use his consistent speed (Relatavistic/FTL) to scale to other characters that fight him unless were absolutely sure he's going all out.

Just to show some examples, Valerie could survive attacks from Danny but it's directly stated he holds back and as soon as he knew Valerie wasn't in the suit, he tore it to pieces. Even against his enemies Danny holds back in speed such as when he first fought Vlad and tried to attack him but got blitzed and said "wow, fast. Better stop fooling around" and then tried again, showing he isn't going all out in speed either.

Danny's basically doing his Superman thing tho it's more for speed than AP since even when he gets serious, others can still harm him and survive his attacks. But regardless, there are many more examples of Danny not using his full speed so only those who are truly considered on his level will scale.

Those Who Scale?

Pariah Dark: He did the feat (Massively FTL+), simple as that. In his buffed state, he'd scale higher cause he fought Ecto-Skeleton Danny.

Ancient Ghosts: They fought a buffed Pariah (Crown and Ring) (Massively FTL+)

Danny Phantom: He fought buffed Pariah Dark (Crown and Ring), while wearing the Ecto-Skeleton which multpies his statistics by a hundred and 10% Ecto-Skeleton Danny is on base Pariah's level so base Danny will scale to 10x slower than Pariah. (Massively FTL in base) (Massively FTL+ Ecto-Skeleton)

Vlad Plasmius: Consistently treated as overall superior to Danny Phantom in every way and has his own Massively FTL+ speed feat so it's consistent. (Massively FTL+)

Dani Phantom: A genetic clone of Danny Phantom made to be on his level and has been shown capable of keeping up with him. (Massively FTL)

Dan Phantom: A literal fusion of Danny and Vlad's ghost halfs from 10 years into the future and he's stomped Danny so of course he scales. Also should be superior to the Ancient Ghosts (Massively FTL+)

Fright Knight: Danny literal thought he was to strong and had to grow stronger in the fight and still needed to amp himself to overpower him. Vlad also thinks Fright Knight was worth his time. (Massively FTL) Future Fright Knight scales as well since he's 10 years into the future.

Future Valerie: Could keep ahead of Future Fright Knight. (Massively FTL)

Clockwork (Danny Phantom): Despite gaining immunity to Clockworls time powers after putting on a time medallion, Danny still opted to run away from him. (Massively FTL)

Vortex: Treated as superior to both Danny and Vlad and stomped them both. (Massively FTL+)

Skulktech 9.9: Shown superior to Danny Phantom and is a combination of two of his enemies that have gone through multiple upgrades and is 10 years in the future. (Massively FTL)

Undergrowth: He and his plants could consistently catch up to Danny Phantom and is portrayed as stronger than him. Danny even thought he couldn't beat Undergrowth. (Massively FTL)

I think that's it, if you think there are more characters who scale, you'll need to provide evidence for them. Unless it's blatantly obvious. Anyway, thoughts

Last edited:
Also I feel Dan's speed should be at least the combined speed of Phantom and Plasmius since he is...well a fusion of both and with 10 years to get stronger.

There's also Undergrowth too, since he out matched Danny unless he used his Ice Powers, he even managed to growth roots faster than Danny could fly.

And maybe Jazz with the Ecto-Skeleton too.

There's also Undergrowth too, since he out matched Danny unless he used his Ice Powers, he even managed to growth roots faster than Danny could fly.
Added.
And maybe Jazz with the Ecto-Skeleton too.
I didn't add her because she doesn't have scaling to a serious Danny Phantom and she doesn't need it because she scales to the 2x FTL calc in base so the Ecto-Skeleton would make her Massively FTL anyway.

Jack keeping up with Vlad doesn’t count, I assume.
Vlad had underestimated Jack, and it was pretty much too late once he got his hands on him. Plus, Vlad is just like Danny, he's overconfident and doesn't fight seriously off the bat. Lastly, he sent ghosts much weaker and slower than himself to kill Jack and some manage to the him so I don't see their being enough evidence for Jack to scale especially when they have no future altercations.

This looks good, but here’s my question.

Since Pariah is checking these realms and destroying their homes while traveling, and he has to actually go through the floating doors to get to those realms, that means he would have to “land” or rather halt himself at each door to then go through them, wouldn’t he?

This looks good, but here’s my question.

Since Pariah is checking these realms and destroying their homes while traveling, and he has to actually go through the floating doors to get to those realms, that means he would have to “land” or rather halt himself at each door to then go through them, wouldn’t he?
Well yes, which means he's fast enough to react and stop himself to not hit the environment.

Well yes, which means he's fast enough to react and stop himself to not hit the environment.
No no I agree and get that, the only thing is, would there be any reason to think he wouldn’t slow himself down when coming to a stop? Only asking cuz other landing feats I’ve seen before get asked the same thing.

No no I agree and get that, the only thing is, would there be any reason to think he wouldn’t slow himself down when coming to a stop? Only asking cuz other landing feats I’ve seen before get asked the same thing.
Ah, I think I see what you mean.

In the context of the feat, Pariah wanted everyone to know he was back, hence the line "I think it's time I remind you, and that intruder, who rules this place." The ghosts also know he did it so the only time he would slow down is when he reached the structure (homes) he's about to destroy to make sure they saw him do it.

Though considering he can only go in one direction at a time in the Ghost Zone, he'd half to technically still maneuver around the environment he's past so his reaction speed is still fine even if he stopped to let them see him cause the destruction. At least to my understanding.

Alright then, this should have sufficient input/approval. I'm going to apply the updates to the accepted characters. I'll leave this open for a bit in case anyone thinks of any other characters this might scale to.

Alright, I'm done updating the characters who scale. Just to point out that Johnny 13's motorcycle scales, and possibly Kitty for reasons explained on their profiles. Since that's pretty much it, I'll close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back