• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny Phantom - Self-Sustenace Type 3 Addition (Full Ghosts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
I'm honestly not sure why I didn't include this when I overhauled the Ghost Physiology (Danny Phantom) page but it was brought to my attention that ghosts (full ghosts in particular) don't have Self-Sustenace Type 3, which is....

• Type 3: Restful Self-Sustenance: The ability to continue acting forever without rest or need for sleep. These users of this ability require no rest and do not run out of energy, or even feel tired. This ability denotes practically infinite stamina and may support a resistance to certain types of Sleep Manipulation.

Now of course this doesn't apply to half ghosts because Danny Phantom has been shown to get fatigued and pass out. However, full ghosts have never shown this and we see they don't have any biological functions as their bodies are actually just made out of ectoplasm/ectoplasmic energy that they can break down. They have infinite stamina already listed on the physiology page...

Infinite Stamina: While half-ghosts are shown with finite stamina, full ghosts in the series are portrayed as having infinite stamina throughout the series. In the episode "Secret Weapons", Maddie and Jack show off their latest invention called the Ecto Converter. This device is stated by Maddie to "convert a ghosts natural ecto energy into a constantly replenishing fuel source".[31] Vlad later states that Technus' Lightning Rod + the Ecto Converter, gives the suit a "endless power supply".[31] Note that Technus created the Lightning Rod with his own ectoplasmic energy as we've seen him do.[12] This device absorbs a ghosts energy and uses it as an endless source of energy. This would imply ghosts have limitless energy to give it, and we know ghosts lack real biological functions and are made up of ectoplasm which means they don't feel physical fatigue with the exception of half-ghosts.

And even though Danny has shown stamina limits due to being half human, in Season 2, Episode 2, "Doctors Disorders", Danny resisted a sleep gas that knocked Sam unconscious in seconds and was surprised the gas effected him, stating...

Danny: gas... effecting me?

Bertrand: Of course child, you didn't think this was an ordinary hospital

This line of dialog suggests that Danny thought because he was in ghost form, the normal stuff used in hospitals to render people unconscious wouldn't effect him, and Bertrand confirms that it isn't normal gas. So even though half-ghosts get tired, normal means to render them unconscious aren't effective which would fit the bottom portion of type 3.

With that said, here are my perposals.

Adding on to their Self-Sustenace...

Self-Sustenance (All Types): Ghosts can survive in the vacuum of space unaided.[4] They also lack real biological functions and their energy can be used as and endless fuel source so should not require food, water or sleep in order to survive. Although, half ghosts are shown to feel fatigue due to their human half.

And under Resistances...

Sleep Manipulation: Ghosts lack real biological functions and as their bodies are actually just made out of ectoplasm/ectoplasmic energy that they can break down. It required a special gas to knock Danny unconscious while he was in his ghost form.

Scans and references will be added of cource.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back