• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny Phantom Regeneration Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
This was suppose to be together with the overall revisions I had planned for the verse but do to being more important and likely needed a lengthy discussion, I decided to make a separate thread for this topic.

The Danny Phantom ghosts currently have High-Mid for their cores and Low-Godly Regeneration for their ectoplasmic bodies. However, do to the updates to their physiology, the current regeneration is no longer correct. I will explain a ghosts physiology and regeneration, then we'll see what they should be rated at.

Ghost Physiology

In season 1 episode 15 "Pubic Enemies", Maddie Fenton states that Danny Phantom is a manifestation of ectoplasmic energy and consciousness. Considering she has created devices capable of effecting them and negating their powers, and other devices that can track their unique energy and more, she word is valid. Her claim is also supported when we see ghosts actually manifest their forms from pure energy on multiple occasions, as well as break them down when needed and restore it. When Jazz was infected by the ghost bug bite and gained ghost powers, she couldn't maintain her body and was reduced to ectoplasm. When Kitty was crushed in the Fenton Portal, she states she became split between the human world and the Ghost Zone, and couldn't maintain her form.

It is also revealed in season 3 that ghosts have a central core. When Undergrowth explained that he was gonna spread his plants across the planet, he stated that his consciousness and will, will spread as well. While trapped in the Ghost Zone, Danny used his energy to contact Sam and Tucker by sending it through the school and actually writing a message on the ground. There is also the fact that everytime a ghost is sealed away, any ghost or construct they created vanishes do to them no longer having a connection. Kitty also swapped her consciousness with Jazz's. Using these statements and showings it is clear ghosts have a core and that the form we see are just manifestations of their ectoplasmic energy and consciousness just like Maddie stated.

Moving on. A ghost and the forms we see them create a intangible by default. It is stated by Butch Hartman and shown in the series that when a human enters the Ghost Zone, they become a "ghost". In season 1 episode 8 "Prisoners of Love", Sam and Tucker went into the Ghost Zone and while being chased they accidentally drive into a wall but phase through it. Tucker comments that he wish they new they could do that before which means they didn't know that it would happen, and once they meet up with Danny, Sam states in the Ghost Zone, their the ghosts. Danny then turns human and Walker's leg phases through him. In season 3, Danny turns human and passively phases through ghosts.

This all is important and applies to ghosts as well because the Ghost Zone is a flip side if the real world. We actually see ghosts phase through walls and into people without using their intangibility power. Danny and a ghost possessed object also phased through a wall without using their intangibilty power and then upon exiting the building, the object became physical and smashed through a window. Also remember that ghosts are made up of ectoplasmic energy which is shown multiple times to be intangible by default. Danny also used said energy to push ghosts out of humans without harming the human. The other intangibility a ghost has is for when they make themselves tangible in order to interact with the real world, it is shown when they turn themselves blue and see through, and can spread it to other objects unlike their default intangibility.

Finally, when a ghosts form is tangible they don't feel any pain unless it's from another ghost or ghost construct, and weapons that use ectoplasmic energy or Anti-Ghost Technology. This is shown when Sam throws a book at Danny and it splits him in half or when Shadow threw an antenna and split him in half but both times he felt no pain since his tangible body is just ectoplasmic goo. This is supported in season 1 episode 13 "Fright Night" in which Danny goes into the Ghost Zone and gets cut and cries out in pain and states in the Ghost Zone, ghosts can be hurt. And in episode 10 "Shades of Grey" Danny was actually surprised that he felt pain when Valerie's blades could cause him pain. This was do to the fact that they were Anti-Ghost weapons.

To do a quick rundown of everything. Ghosts have a core, their forms are manifestations of thier intangible energy and consciousness, said forms are intangible by default and can be made physical as ectoplasmic goo and they naturally don't feel pain unless it's from other ghosts, ectoplasmic energy, or Anti-Ghost Technology. Obviously someone with the right Non-Physical Interaction can harm them as well.

Regeneration

Now that everyone has an understanding of their physiology (I hope). Let's move on to the main topic about what level of regeneration they should have.

On screen we have seen them regenerate cuts, lost limbs, cut in half, decapitation, splattered into puddles, reduced to dust, as well as steam. We also see them quickly recover after the get broken down into a non-corporeal state by the Fenton Thermos. When Technus was in a data form, Danny trapped him in the Doom game and in a later episode he deletes the game and Technus survives but his body was deleted, and his energy then constructed a new form. And yes, Technus' form would have had to be deleted otherwise he would have not needed to restore his old form.

Suggestion

Considering a ghosts true state is a disembodied consciousness, and it is stated and shown their forms are just manifestations of their non-corporeal/intangible energy and consciousness, and we've seen them break these forms down and construct new ones. And going off the fact that they can recover from everything I listed above, I think they qualify for Low-Godly. However since I'm clearly not the best when it comes to these high level ratings I don't know what else the rating would be. Looking at the regeneration page, they could only have one of these 2

Mid-High: The ability to regenerate from having all biology completely incinerated. This includes being reduced to ash, dust, smoke, vapor, or plasma.

Low-Godly: The ability to regenerate from the complete physical destruction of the user's body, instead restoring it from their disembodied consciousness, whether that be their soul, mind, some other nonphysical aspect of themself, esoteric or metaphysical energy, or something else.

Conclusion

Non-Corporeal (Ghosts have no true form and are spirits that have a non-corporeal/intangible core and consciousness), Avatar Creation (A ghosts ectoplasmic body is a manifestation of their ectoplasmic energy and consciousness that they use to physically interact with the world), Regeneration (Mid-High for his/her body, a ghosts ectoplasmic body can recover from being reduced to puddles, dust, and steam)

If you have a suggestion on what level they would have given the information above please explain in your comment below.

Last edited:
Does the thermos really count? Kinda sounds like it's harmlessly forcing them into a noncorporeal state without causing actual harm. But, then idk enough about the thermos to say anything concrete. Regenerating after a video game gets deleted sounds alright though, but was he actual data that could be deleted, or just living there?

Does the thermos really count? Kinda sounds like it's harmlessly forcing them into a noncorporeal state without causing actual harm. But, then idk enough about the thermos to say anything concrete. Regenerating after a video game gets deleted sounds alright though, but was he actual data that could be deleted, or just living there?
I guess it still counts?. It's still physically breaking them down and they need to construct their form again.

As for Technu, yes, he was in an actual data form when he was deleted. He created the form when he entered the game. He was even bound by it's laws, just with the ability to use his ghost powers.

I disagree pretty heavily with low godly.
Can you provide a solution solid reason why you disagree with Low-Godly?. It is described as regenerating from something like the mind or soul after the physical form has been completely destroyed.

I've already proven that a ghosts form that we see is just a manifestation of the non-corporeal/intangible energy and consciousness. Suggesting they only have Mid-High is stating that if I atomized a Danny Phantom ghosts physical manifestation (which isn't their true form), they will be unable to construct a new body. To be clear, this is only giving the Low-Godly for their manifested body, not the ghost itself. So if you destroyed the ghost's core (the source of their energy) or consciousness, they will be destroyed, but both of those things are not physical objects that can be destroyed by force unless you have the means to interact with it.

I'll wait for his response then.

Even though we do have a legitimate Mid-Godly regeneration feat (This is a joke by the way, that feat is unusable).

I've already proven that a ghosts form that we see is just a manifestation of the non-corporeal/intangible energy and consciousness. Suggesting they only have Mid-High is stating that if I atomized a Danny Phantom ghosts physical manifestation (which isn't their true form), they will be unable to construct a new body. To be clear, this is only giving the Low-Godly for their manifested body, not the ghost itself.

This would be like giving Low-Godly to every single non-physical user of Avatar Creation on the site, so no. For spirits/ghosts the more relevant thing to quantify regeneration for would be their spiritual body since that's how you "physically" harm them.

That said this specific feat here is really weird.

Technus survives but his body was deleted, and his energy then constructed a new form. And yes, Technus' form would have had to be deleted otherwise he would have not needed to restore his old form.

Computers actually don't delete data in a way that would qualify for Existence Erasure vs. a Digital Body. This wouldn't be Low-Godly.

Also this isn't something that would scale to anyone and it more related to Technus' technology shenanigans.

"This would be like giving Low-Godly to every single non-physical user of Avatar Creation on the site, so no. For spirits/ghosts the more relevant thing to quantify regeneration for would be their spiritual body since that's how you "physically" harm them."

Then what would there rating be?. It makes no sense to limit them to Mid-High since they would die from their manifested bodies being destroyed and just make another.

"Also this isn't something that would scale to anyone and it more related to Technus' technology shenanigans."

Please don't start this argument again. It's no only something Technus can do as it has nothing to do with his technology manipulation. It's stated by Danny that Technus used his ghodt powers to enter the game and he could to. It's actually a standard ghost power known as Possession. So it does scale to other ghosts.

Then what would there rating be?. It makes no sense to limit them to Mid-High since they would die from their manifested bodies being destroyed and just make another.
Don't they die if you destroy their spiritual core?

Might be High-Mid then. (The ability to regenerate from being blown / cut to pieces, or from a small piece of the user's body, such as a severed head, a single organ, or a finger) or Low-High if this core is microscopic in size (The ability to regenerate from having no solid parts of the body remaining. This can range from a puddle or drop of blood to even a single cell. For robots and machines, this can also include regenerating from a liquid state.)

Basically what matters is how thoroughly someone using non-physical interaction would have to destroy them to kill them.

Please don't start this argument again. It's no only something Technus can do as it has nothing to do with his technology manipulation. It's stated by Danny that Technus used his ghodt powers to enter the game and he could to. It's actually a standard ghost power known as Possession. So it does scale to other ghosts.
I don't have a great memory, apologies. Feat isn't that impressive regardless compared to other regen feats.

Yes, they die if you destroy the core (which is non-corporeal/intangible) but what does that half to do with the regeneration of their physical bodies that they make?.

"Might be High-Mid then. (The ability to regenerate from being blown / cut to pieces, or from a small piece of the user's body, such as a severed head, a single organ, or a finger) or Low-High if this core is microscopic in size (The ability to regenerate from having no solid parts of the body remaining. This can range from a puddle or drop of blood to even a single cell. For robots and machines, this can also include regenerating from a liquid state.)"

They can't be High-Mid as I've already shown them having the ability to regenerate from being reduced to dust and steam.

I don't have a great memory, apologies. Feat isn't that impressive regardless compared to other regen feats.

How is the feat not impressive when he restored his form from deletion?. What level of regeneration would you need to survive being deleted as data?.

Yes, they die if you destroy the core (which is non-corporeal/intangible) but what does that half to do with the regeneration of their physical bodies that they make?.

Because the "regeneration" of an Avatar isn't what we rate as the regeneration for the creator of the Avatar.

Again, how thoroughly would a user of non-physical interaction have to destroy them to kill them? That's basically how we rate regen on ghosts/spirits.

They can't be High-Mid as I've already shown them having the ability to regenerate from being reduced to dust and steam.

Then it's not really consistent with how you're explaining the powers here, no offense.

How is the feat not impressive when he restored his form from deletion?. What level of regeneration would you need to survive being deleted as data?.
Ehhhhhh

It's probably not even regeneration due to how computers "delete" data. You can't actually use a real computer to properly delete data, you can only really just mark that data space as "open" for other data to occupy it, and once other data goes over it, it gets scrambled. Even then you can still recover that data and people make entire careers out of this.

If anything it's more just Resistance to Data Manipulation to some absurd degree, while in the data state.

Do you mind if I comment later. I need a break from this before my head explodes.

Ehhhhhh

It's probably not even regeneration due to how computers "delete" data. You can't actually use a real computer to properly delete data, you can only really just mark that data space as "open" for other data to occupy it, and once other data goes over it, it gets scrambled. Even then you can still recover that data and people make entire careers out of this.

If anything it's more just Resistance to Data Manipulation to some absurd degree, while in the data state.
Wait, don't we grant low godly for regenerating after dimensional destruction? I mean, don't get me wrong: This is a video game that got deleted, but wouldn't the same basic idea still be applicable?

Because the "regeneration" of an Avatar isn't what we rate as the regeneration for the creator of the Avatar.

Again, how thoroughly would a user of non-physical interaction have to destroy them to kill them? That's basically how we rate regen on ghosts/spirits.
I felt like responding to this point in particular for some reason. If the regeneration only applies to the avatar you simply add after the regeneration "for the avatar only". From what I'm seeing the regeneration is for the ghost's "body", you won't put on a Wolverine page "Regeneration (Low-High) for his body".

for regenerating after dimensional destruction?
Being deleted from a computer isn’t dimensional destruction. If you told that to any computer expert they’d probably laugh.

If the regeneration only applies to the avatar you simply add after the regeneration "for the avatar only".
That would make any user of Avatar Creation have that for the Avatar itself, which is silly. Just going to give a no on that one.

Being deleted from a computer isn’t dimensional destruction. If you told that to any computer expert they’d probably laugh.
Not a sentence later and I said I understood that and asked if it was close enough to work. If a game is turned off, doesn't the "environment" generated by the data cease to exist until it goes back on? I mean, sure, it can come back when the game is turned on, but until then, the overworld and the stuff inside of it shouldn't exist. The data needs to load it in.

@Dargoo_Faust

It seems you missed what I'm actually saying, if not then I apologize but I'll start again.

Danny Phantom ghosts are spirits that have a core and consciousness which is non-corporeal and intangible. Obviously if you destroyed the core then yes, they get destroyed since that's were their energy is coming from. This is the true state of a ghost.

However, this thread is not giving their true state regeneration. It is applying it to their ectoplasmic bodies that they manifest using their ectoplasmic energy and consciousness. These forms are what they use to interact with everything, and they make them physical so they can interact with the real world since they normally can't.

These bodies are just constructs that they can manipulate at will, breaking them down, restoring them after changing them into fire, smoke, goo, or back into energy. We have seen these forms recover from being cut, stabbed, split in half, decapitated, splattered into puddles, reduced to dust, and steam, Danny's ghost half got destroyed in the game which resulted in his human form being knocked out of the game, yet he can still turn into his ghost form. Yes, these bodies can only be harmed by other ghosts, ectoplasmic energy, anti-ghost technology, and the right Non-Physical Interaction. At the end of the day, they are just a manifestation created by a ghost to interact with stuff and it's physical destruction won't damage the core or their consciousness unless you had the right Non-Physical Interaction.

So why wouldn't a Danny Phantom ghosts' ectoplasmic body not have Low-Godly regeneration when they use it for everything physical and they can restore it using their non-corporeal/intangible energy and consciousness whenever they want?. It's the form we see them in majority of the time.

However, if they don't apply for Low-Godly then the only other option I see is this.

Non-Corporeal (Ghosts have no true form and are spirits that have Non-Corporeal/Intangible core and consciousness), Avatar Creation (A ghosts ectoplasmic body is a manifestation of their cores ectoplasmic energy and consciousness that they use to physically interact with the world), Regeneration (Mid-High for his/her body, a ghosts ectoplasmic body can recover from being reduced to puddles, dust, and steam)

What do you think?.

Last edited:
Not knowledgeable but by the sound of it Low-Godly seems more fitting as their core functions as how a "soul" would and the page supports this

Low-Godly: The ability to regenerate from the complete physical destruction of the user's body , instead restoring it from their disembodied consciousness, whether that be their soul, mind, some other nonphysical aspect of themself, esoteric or metaphysical energy, or something else.

As long as their core is there they can recreate/regenerate their "body" so I don't see the problem.

As long as their core is there they can recreate/regenerate their "body" so I don't see the problem.
This isn't how we treat regeneration for spirits/ghosts on the site, however. There is no "body" to regenerate beyond their non-corporeal body, which can be interacted with and destroyed by certain users of non-physical interaction. We rate the regeneration as it applies for their main, spiritual body, and if that can regenerate from being EE'd we grant Low Godly. Then if they're erased on a further metaphysical area such as the mind, we grant Mid Godly.

And it's even worse for users of avatar creation. We rate regeneration as it applies to their actual body, not the avatars they create.

At the end of the day, they are just a manifestation created by a ghost to interact with stuff and it's physical destruction won't damage the core or their consciousness unless you had the right Non-Physical Interaction.
I have an answer for this, but first I want to know what you mean by "the right Non-Physical Interaction".

I have an answer for this, but first I want to know what you mean by "the right Non-Physical Interaction".
I mean the one that will allow you to actually effect their core/consciousness these two things aren't physical. There are other types of Non-Physical Interaction like being able to harm a being made of electricity or lava, but being able to harm them doesn't mean you can destroy a being made of pure ectoplasmic energy or someone's consciousness. You'd need that type of Non-Physical Interaction to that type of Non-Corporeal/Intangible being harm.

I mean the one that will allow you to actually effect their core/consciousness these two things aren't physical. There are other types of Non-Physical Interaction like being able to harm a being made of electricity or lava, but being able to harm them doesn't mean you can destroy a being made of pure ectoplasmic energy or someone's consciousness. You'd need that type of Non-Physical Interaction to that type of Non-Corporeal/Intangible being harm.

Okay, that makes sense. How would someone with the requisite NPI even interact with a Danny Phantom ghost, then? Would their attacks directly hit the spiritual core after they've breached the main body, bypassing the regen of the main body?

The verse never goes into deep detail on the core given it shows up late in the series but given ghosts in the series are described as spirits and their bodies are just manifestations of their ectoplasmic energy and consciousness. It's likely that all you need to do to bypass the ectoplasmic bodies regeneration is to strike and destroy the core which (going off the image of Danny's) is located in the torso area.

However since all ghosts in the series could naturally do harm to each other and fight using bodies, we never see it get destroyed visually. But given Frosbite states that Danny's core was generating cold energy which is were his ice power comes from, and that his ghost sense is triggered when another ghost is near so the core sends out a jolt of cold. It's clear that's were a ghosts energy is coming from so destroy that and they won't be able to restore their form since they won't be able to generate anymore energy.

Okay. Well, I feel like we're sort of just deciding on what words to use to describe the power at this point. I think that Avatar Creation for the physical forms + Mid-High for the spiritual forms is more intuitive for someone reading the profile since we generally use, for ghosts, regen for their actual bodies rather than stuff they possess/create/manipulate.

So basically I don't actually disagree with what you're saying, I'm just trying to decide on what semantics to describe what you're saying on the profiles. Whether or not Low-Godly is applied doesn't change what is accepted here.

Dargoo seems to make sense to me. I am fine with what he decides to use.

I understand what Dargoo Faust is saying about giving spirits/ghosts Low-Godly Regeneration simply because they can create an avatar/body for themselves. Since we base them of what the true form of a ghost could regenerate form then they wouldn't have regeneration since a ghost in Danny Phantom doesn't have a form to begin with, just a core and consciousness.

I've already posted all the evidence of what I'm about to say so I'll just do a quick recap

Ghosts are non-corporeal/intangible spirits with a core. As stated and shown in verse, the "forms/bodies" we see them in is a manifestation of their ectoplasmic energy and consciousness which they use to fight each other or make it physical so they can interact with the real world since ghosts are incapable of doing so by default.

This would give them Non-Corporeal/Intangibility do to lacking a physical form and Avatar Creation for being able to create a form to fight interact with the world physical.

In regards of regeneration for these bodies, their best showings would put them at Mid-High since we've seen ghosts regenerate being reduced to dust and steam. However if someone with the right Non-Physical Interaction (basically soul interaction) punched through this form and destroyed a ghost's core, they would bypass the bodies regeneration capabilities since they effectively struck the what is the ghost's "true self".

Since we don't give regeneration levels the same for ghosts/spirits then Low-Godly would be a no. As much as I hate for them to lose it the best option that wouldn't cause any issue would be what I posted in one of my earlier comments which is.

Non-Corporeal (Ghosts have no true form and are spirits that have a non-corporeal/intangible core and consciousness), Avatar Creation (A ghosts ectoplasmic body is a manifestation of their ectoplasmic energy and consciousness that they use to physically interact with the world), Regeneration (Mid-High for his/her body, a ghosts ectoplasmic body can recover from being reduced to puddles, dust, and steam)

This set up is simple, it tells anyone reading it what a ghost is and that the body the ghosts use are just avatars/constructs which they use to fight or interact with the world physically, and that this "body" can recover after being reduce to the levels of destruction linked above.

Does anyone have any issues with this suggestion?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back