• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny Phantom Ghosts Resistance to Mind & Empathy Hax Buff

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
This thread is really just to explain that the ghosts in Danny Phantom actually have a higher resistance to Mind and Empathy Manipulation, and it's all thanks to this friendly little cat who I'll be creating a profile for after this thread.

Sayonara Pussycat

Empathy Resistance
In the episode "What You Want" the genie ghost Desiree is released from her lamp. Later in the episode Danny and Tucker go to the movie theater where Paulina asks why can't she be as popular as Sayonara Pussycat. Desiree takes this as a wish even tho she didn't say "I wish" but whatever. Desiree creates the ghost of Sayonara who takes possession of Paulina and transforms her into an adorable chibi version of herself.

She proceeds to say "Hey everyone, look at me". Getting their attention and once they all turned around, they all passively fall in love with her. Even the people not in the same room got effected, basically the entire movie theater, However Danny and Tucker are the only two not effect by this. Note that Specter Deflectors weren't introduced yet in the series so Tucker wasn't wearing one and before anyone says "He's just an ordinary human". Lokll, I can give you multiple reasons why Danny Phantom humans are not your ordinary humans that survive things they shouldn't be able to.

Now Paulina states "Why squander my popularity here?. With my looks I could probably become super fairy queen of all teenagerdom." At that last part Paulina power increase dramatically showing by her size going from about a foot, to towering over adults. Now size increase is proof of her powers being increased because it's the same with Desiree and the other ghosts she creates. Desiree gets stronger the more wishes she grants, the ghost that possessed Dash increased his size and continued to increase his power, the ghost that possessed Tucker continued to increase in size and power. So is the same with Paulina.

This means in response to her wanting to rule over all teenagers. Sayonara Pussycat boosted Paulina's power so she could be capable of doing such. The amount of teenagers in the world is easily in the hundreds of millions. It also should be noted that Sayonara Pussycat's passive Empathy Manipulation also effected the adults at the movie theater so it isn't limited to just teenagers. Paulina was just aiming for all teenagers because she's one herself. This means it's possible Sayonara Pussycat could effect everyone else since it passively worked on adults as well but I'm just going to to stick with all teens

Danny proceeded to not only get in front of her with his eyes directly on her, he blasted the Sayonara Pussycat out of Paulina and was in the same room with said being who is the source of this level of passive Empathy Manipulation. Tucker was also in the movie theater and still wasn't effected. This would give ghosts a buff in their resistance to Empathy Manipulation. I'll explain in a bit why this would also be their level of mind Hax resistance.

Mind Resistance Scaling
Now I'll explain why this will be their level of mind resistance as well. In the episode "Fanning the Flames" Ember's music could effect Tucker. Now you'll ask "But Griffin, that's Mind Control, not Empathy Manipulation". I know, but Ember makes it clear that there is no difference between her Mind and Empathy Manipulation powrr. Later in the episode she states "Now my music can effect you." Her mind and empathy manipulation go hand in hand, they are equal in power. Danny was unaffected by Ember's music which could even effect Tucker who already showcased resistance to Sayonara Pussycat's passive Empathy Manipulation but still couldn't effect Danny until more people cheered her name, boosting the potency of her abilities.

This would mean ghosts have a higher level of resistance to Mind and Empathy Manipulation than I previously thought. Because Ember's music is naturally more powerful that Sayonara Pussycat's passive Empathy Manipulation that couldn't effect Tucker but could effect every teen in the world.

I've added the explanation of why it's also the level of resistance to Mind Hax.

Back