• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny Phantom - Deconstruction Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
So I made a thread in the past about Danny having Deconstruction but it didn't go through much discussion before it was closed. I also did no

Evidence

In season 3, episode 9 "Frightmare", Danny blasts some Sleepwalker's and after they get holes blown into them, it reduced them into small ashes. This was my argument becuse it was Danny's attack that broke them down into a small state. However, the argument made was that this is just how they physically fall if a hole is put in them. However, we see them regenerate from when Sam blows holes in them so we know this just isn't how they physically fall if a hole is put in them.

It required the Sleepwalker's to gain more power in the dream world, in order to regenerate from Danny's attack without turning to tiny ashes. So yes, it was Danny's attack that reduced them to ashes after blowing holes in them and that doesn't just simply happen when they are attacked.

In season 3, episode 6, "Urban Jungle", Danny attemps to attack undergrowth after seeing his plant body passively regenerate and states "He can't regenerate if he's a pile of ashes" as he was going to launch his energy ball attack before he was interrupted.

Now this one, sure you could argue Danny was going to just nuke Undergrowth with heat but considering Sam and Tucker were near Undergrowth right after Danny was going to fired the attack we would be assuming Sam and Tucker wouldn't have been nuked as well instead of just doing the Sam thing he did to the Sleepwalker's.

Regardless, the Sleepwalker feat should be enough as it shows Danny can fire different beams that can deconstruct others after it hits them.

Deconstruction (Can fire energy attacks with the ability to reduce targets to tiny ashes, and claimed he was going to reduce Undergrowth's body to a pile of ashes after seeing regenerate from his previous blasts)

Last edited:
Are you sure the energy focuses only on deconstructing and not just as a consequence?
I talked about that in the previous thread.

"My counter argument to this is that ectoplasm does not naturally do this as a consequence. We've seen Danny blast many people throughout the series and they don't simply turn to ash after the blast. Ghosts can change the effects of their energy. As evident when Danny fired an energy beam at a possessed human and it phased through them and only hit the ghost. Or how Dan shot an energy beam that covered Jazz's body and put her to sleep. Ectoplasmic energy can have it's properties changed which is why ghosts can shot beams of heat/plasma, electricity, fire and such."

In previous seasons, Danny has blown holes in his enemies but they never got deconstructed so it's in no way just a consequence of his energy attacks. It's clearly an attack with the ability to reduce targets to dust.

I talked about that in the previous thread.

"My counter argument to this is that ectoplasm does not naturally do this as a consequence. We've seen Danny blast many people throughout the series and they don't simply turn to ash after the blast. Ghosts can change the effects of their energy. As evident when Danny fired an energy beam at a possessed human and it phased through them and only hit the ghost. Or how Dan shot an energy beam that covered Jazz's body and put her to sleep. Ectoplasmic energy can have it's properties changed which is why ghosts can shot beams of heat/plasma, electricity, fire and such."

In previous seasons, Danny has blown holes in his enemies but they never got deconstructed so it's in no way just a consequence of his energy attacks. It's clearly an attack with the ability to reduce targets to dust.
Alright, these points all do seem at least fair, but I'll remain neutral for now

Bump.

I guess this is fine if it's been demonstrated ectoplasm doesn't normally deconstruct things as shown
As I've shown in the OP, and other examples throughout the series.

When facing off against the Sleepwalkers, he uses an energy beam that deconstructs them after it hits, but in his fight with Undergrowth, his beams don't do it and only after seeing that did he say he was going to turn him to ashes with his next energy attack but was interrupted which shows it's not a natural occurrence.

Even with his future self, his energy beams blew stuff up, but he can change the properties and the next time he fired a beam, it just put Jazz to sleep and had no force. This is just a thing ghosts can do, Ember can fire energy beams for attacking but can also fire energy beams that create cyclone barriers.

I can show other examples if need be but it's show in verse that ectoplasmic energy doesn't deconstruct objects it hits naturally (heck both Danny and Vlad get their powers from being blasted with ectoplasmic energy) and that ghosts can change the effects their energy has which supports Danny using his energy to deconstruct them despite ectoplasmic energy not doing that naturally. Basically, it's not a natural consequence of ectoplasmic energy to deconstruct things.

Oh? I agree, yeah

I just don't see the point in tagging me since I'm not staff, so my vote wouldn't get this accepted.
Your right up there with me as one of the main supporters of the verse. You've helped out and provide valid input so your thoughts of Danny Phantom stuff is valid in my honest opinion as any staff or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back